Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2012, 04:29 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,678,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
No, I'm not. I'm talking about ugly women supposedly being able to snap their fingers and come up with partners of any sort, for ONS, LTR, or whatever.
Oh well in that case come on. Even ugly women can get laid at will. Don't believe me? Put up a hideous female pic on craiglist and say you want NSA tonight. Tell me how many responses you get. You aren't being realistic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2012, 04:31 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Oh well in that case come on. Even ugly women can get laid at will. Don't believe me? Put up a hideous female pic on craiglist and say you want NSA tonight. Tell me how many responses you get. You aren't being realistic.
Talking about IRL, not online.

Old 12-02-2012, 04:36 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,678,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Talking about IRL, not online.
OK, let's figure this out. An ugly girl wants to get laid. She goes to an average bar, has a few drinks and starts approaching average men. "Hi, I am dying for some caulk tonight, right now. Let's slip out to the parking lot." How long does it take before she finds a man who says yes?

Old 12-02-2012, 04:43 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,206,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danes View Post
You were the cute 20 something that turned every guy down because you thought you were so cute. You slept around and got drunk every weekend. You were one of the "cool girls" in high school and college. You never gave the "nerdy guy" a chance.

And then I married a good man.

And then I divorced him because we wanted different things and really should have just stayed friends all along.

And now I am with another good man.

So much for that.

Old 12-02-2012, 04:44 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
LADIES -

DON'T LIE - How about an honest answer?

You know a guy at 17 and he is unimpressive, and maybe socially stunded. Twenty years later, he looks good, he is educated, he has a good job, and he is conversant (B- to B) but not "way cool," would you (a) seriously consider him, and (b) would you be hemmed in by the prejudices of you and your peer group?

LET'S HEAR IT. NO SUGARCOATING.
My peer group wasn't really like that. We didn't date a lot to begin with (in high school) - I probably dated the most and except for my main boyfriend - they didn't even meet the guys. I never really cared what anyone else thought about who I was dating. And later, when I was in college and after - I don't remember my friends ever caring about it either. I mean, we wanted our friends to get along with our SO's - but that was about it. And even then - we never badmouthed anyone until the relationship was over. I didn't find out until after I called off my wedding that all of my friends thought he was wrong for me.

However, I did do a tour with this one girl and she ended up hooking up with one of the guys in the cast. He was kind of geeky and a bit awkward - and she asked me what I thought of him. She told me she was concerned about what her friends would think of him - and how they would think she could do better. She said she'd be embarrassed to introduce him to her friends. I was kind of appalled that she thought this way - and we ended up not being so close (not just because of that but because of her overall character). Well, the geeky guy is now married with a baby and the "cool" girl is still single and spending her time with her "cool" friends.

So I'm not saying that there aren't women that are influenced by their peers - it's just that my friends and I weren't really like that. One of my friends has kind of turned into a bit of a snob - but I just ignore all the snobby stuff.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:27 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,206,384 times
Quote:
LADIES -

You know a guy at 17 and he is unimpressive, and maybe socially stunded. Twenty years later, he looks good, he is educated, he has a good job, and he is conversant (B- to B) but not "way cool," would you (a) seriously consider him, and (b) would you be hemmed in by the prejudices of you and your peer group?

Too funny. Someone I went to high school with was kind of gawky at the time, the best bud and sidekick to a linebacker I dated. At our 10-year reunion, he came up behind me and said, "Lilac! How are ya?"

Him:

Me:

Him:

Me:

Him:

Me:

Him:

Seriously, he looked like he walked out of GQ. In the ladies room we were all like, "OMG, did you see So-and-So? Who'd have thunk it?"

We all laughed. And drooled. And laughed some more. He knew he had grown into his looks, too.

But you know what? He still had his good nature, so he was able to laugh about it, himself. "Don't worry. I'm the same ol' So-and-So who couldn't dance."

Utterly charming. His wife is a lucky lady.

But if he and I both were single, I'd have kept in touch. He was hot-hot-HOT!

Old 12-02-2012, 05:58 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,182,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Perhaps because she doesn't consider it unfair that you can't have sex/relationships with the gals you want as gals don't owe you sex or a relationship.
I definitely think it's unfair that i'm in good shape and i'm getting rejected by overweight women. Something tells me that if a fit woman was getting rejected by overweight men, she would probably think it was unfair too. I know a woman who got upset and offended just because an overweight man tried to pursue her. Not because an overweight man rejected her, but just the fact that an overweight man thought he had a shot with her offended her. She was offended that he didn't think she was Out of his League. She thought he should have been intimidated by her.

The things that are happening to me... i think if they happened to a woman, the woman would likely be just as upset.

Last edited by lpfan921; 12-02-2012 at 06:09 PM..

Old 12-02-2012, 06:19 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,889,363 times
Quote:
LADIES -

Let's define unimpressive? Does this mean not memorable? Then I wouldn't have any recollection of him at all. They'd have to be supremely unmemorable for this to happen with me. I remember most people, as long as they have some sort of presence. Socially awkward then? I might remember.

So now, he is "better looking," and a good conversationalist? Sure. But to be fair, I only have one good friend from high school. And likely she wouldn't have remembered anyway.

To be real, my friends would have a lot more issues if I introduced them to a Lil Wayne or Rick Ross type or guy that was not semi-brainy, than a former nerd.

Old 12-02-2012, 06:22 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
If you are well off yet a doosh....no I don't want you.

Old 12-02-2012, 06:52 PM

2,618 posts, read 6,164,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danes View Post
You were the cute 20 something that turned every guy down because you thought you were so cute. You slept around and got drunk every weekend. You were one of the "cool girls" in high school and college. You never gave the "nerdy guy" a chance.

WAIT A MINUTE.............FAST FOWARD

Nerdy guy is now 37 and he's no longer nedy looking, he's transformed his body to a lean muscle machine and he's spent the last 15 years working on his career and building his business. He now earns a high 6 figure income and is well traveled.

Oh, wait a minute............NOW YOU WANT HIM.

Yes, the above story is real and it happens.

I say, to heck with her. She's no longer the cute 20 something girl, she's now 35 and used up and has had a series a bad relationships and a divorce.

Yup, this happens to guys all of the time.
What's worse: Guys who can't let go of the past. They have a chip on their shoulder and any smart woman who gets close can smell it like a bad stench. Maybe that chip helped his motivation to achieve many things like a physically fit body and a decent income (6 figures isn't all that much anymore, I made half that my first job out of college). Yet he's still pissed about a couple of dumb kids that rejected him in high school and he's pissing away opportunities with some great women.

The fact is: No one is perfect, no one was perfect....NOT EVEN YOU! To think you've made it your entire life without making a mistake or going through a social developmental process is insanity and just plain naive. It's sad there's still people out there like you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships