Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 09:46 AM

344 posts, read 395,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
In a relationship with a man who is old enough to be your dad, that's nice

What happens if you're a widow at 50?
As I said earlier, he is young and athletic. He may be 25 years older than me but if we stay together, I can only hope that he won't be the one dancing on my grave rather than the other way around. I am an active person. I go to a fitness center and hike, yet there is nothing I do physically that he cannot do better. One time we went out hiking in the desert and I twisted my ankle. I could have hobbled back to the car but to reduce the extent of the injury, he carried me back piggyback. I will say that he does not do well when it comes to getting emotional at chic flicks.

I appreciate your concern, but it is misplaced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2012, 12:03 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Do most men really want women in their age-range? That's not what I've seen in my life nor in the cultures of other countries around the world. As I mentioned there are exceptions (and already you're trying to herd me into complete stereotyping). Everywhere around the world and down through history, younger women have been attracted to older men. Sorry, it's just a fact.
The often-overlooked fact is that in many cultures past and present, older women have been the ones to provide sexual initiation to boys/young men. As for the older men--younger women issue, it happens, but the more common experience is for older men to choose women in their age-range. Generally, men want someone mature who has some life experience behind them. There are exceptions, like guys who are getting geezerly who suddenly start looking around for someone who can be a caretaker when their health fades, or guys who never grew out of the player stage. But if you look around, you'll see that the vast majority of middle-aged singles marry others of similar age. I've seen men brush aside young women, in favor of women 20 years older than the 20-somethings around them. Just speaking from observation of life, not theory (and not online phenomena). Cliche situations exist, but they're not the majority experience.

Old 12-15-2012, 12:28 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The often-overlooked fact is that in many cultures past and present, older women have been the ones to provide sexual initiation to boys/young men. As for the older men--younger women issue, it happens, but the more common experience is for older men to choose women in their age-range. Generally, men want someone mature who has some life experience behind them. There are exceptions, like guys who are getting geezerly who suddenly start looking around for someone who can be a caretaker when their health fades, or guys who never grew out of the player stage. But if you look around, you'll see that the vast majority of middle-aged singles marry others of similar age. I've seen men brush aside young women, in favor of women 20 years older than the 20-somethings around them. Just speaking from observation of life, not theory (and not online phenomena). Cliche situations exist, but they're not the majority experience.
But didn't you know, all older men only want younger women and younger women only want older men, even if they are poor and old looking. That of course is according to many of the posters here who insist men can date younger and women need to date older. You'd be surprised how many men here and on other boards have told me to seek out men in their late 50's and above for a mate. Why some think men can get much younger women is beyond me. Yes some can, especially the better looking or the rich but the average looking, average income middle aged man isn't going to attract a much younger woman in most cases.

Old 12-15-2012, 01:04 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Well I am a bit of a weird one. I see attractive older men all the time. But the thing is I never really want to date them. They are eye candy. But I tend to like people around my age. I always seem to attract older or younger. Not so much own age.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 12-15-2012, 01:10 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,157,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
But didn't you know, all older men only want younger women and younger women only want older men, even if they are poor and old looking. That of course is according to many of the posters here who insist men can date younger and women need to date older. .....
Who said anything even remotely like that?

Old 12-15-2012, 07:12 PM

662 posts, read 1,259,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Well I am a bit of a weird one. I see attractive older men all the time. But the thing is I never really want to date them. They are eye candy. But I tend to like people around my age. I always seem to attract older or younger. Not so much own age.

Ya,that bus driver is still bummed!!

Old 12-16-2012, 01:38 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times
So? Welcome to the world of older women. All they're ever told is how 'out of their prime' they are compared to young women.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:26 AM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
I'm one hot old guy........

I do refuse to let the ladies call me daddy, though........

Old 12-16-2012, 05:58 AM

1,818 posts, read 2,684,301 times
When I first got thrown back on the dating world at forty, I believed the hype that men my age were looking for 20 year old hotties. I was surprised that I was being sought out by men my age. I asked one about that myth and he said, if I want to talk to a 20 year old, I'll talk to my daughter...at least I'd have something in common with her.

Old 12-16-2012, 06:03 AM

1,922 posts, read 3,984,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
So? Welcome to the world of older women. All they're ever told is how 'out of their prime' they are compared to young women.
This is actually true.

I have a friend (guy) who always mentions how the older women get the more "homely" and average they look, and the older men get, the more handsome and debonair they look.

It's like the opposite is happening to both sexes.

The women lose their looks as time goes on and the men gain them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships