Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 09:07 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,679,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
This is a pretty mean post. You completely discount happiness in the here and now and how hard that is to find. Live for today as you are not guaranteed tomorrow.

I missed the guarantee that meeting someone your own age will mean staying together forever. Care to show that to me?

You have the same or bigger odds in terms of divorce with somebody who is 25 years older plus the huge age difference (IE being a widow at 50 is a real possibility)

Anybody marrying somebody who is 20 years older is a fool. Even 10 years is a significant difference
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 09:22 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
I missed the guarantee that meeting someone your own age will mean staying together forever. Care to show that to me?
Exactly. Life is a crap shoot. You could marry someone your age today, and next month they could die in a car crash or be diagnosed with a fatal disease. You could marry someone 10 years older than you, and they could out-live you.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:15 PM

11,372 posts, read 9,288,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Exactly. Life is a crap shoot. You could marry someone your age today, and next month they could die in a car crash or be diagnosed with a fatal disease. You could marry someone 10 years older than you, and they could out-live you.
I personally know of 4 people who died very recently and suddenly. All were late 40s to mid 50s.

Regardless of any age difference anytime one can find compatibility and attraction in a partner they should take it. Do what one feels is right and have a good time while you can.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:34 PM

904 posts, read 1,382,510 times
Quote:
I personally know of 4 people who died very recently and suddenly. All were late 40s to mid 50s.

Regardless of any age difference anytime one can find compatibility and attraction in a partner they should take it. Do what one feels is right and have a good time while you can.
This!

You could not have made a more salient point, particularly given the events of today.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:38 PM

662 posts, read 1,260,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Thanks Raena... I think you're hot also.

OP... Even in my 50's I still get more women than most 25 YO guys can dream. I may no longer be hot but seasoned, experienced and attractive works well.

Plus I have good BS and know how to treat a woman.
Having all those bedrooms can't hurt!

Old 12-15-2012, 01:20 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,026 times
This thread is gross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Fo' sho'. People are discussing how they'd take a 50 something celebrity over some 20something person anyday. Whodathunkit.
Lol, not surprising at all, huh ?

Like I always say, boppers gon' bop.

Old 12-15-2012, 01:23 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,168,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
We've heard the evolution theories on every thread that remotely relates to women's or men's aging, Woof. But the fact is, that most mature, well-adjusted men want women in their age-range. And the argument about men's sperm preserving better is outdated now. They've done studies that show that men's sperm get damaged and deformed with age, so there's a higher risk of the child being born with medical challenges of one sort or another. Old theories die hard, though, I guess.
It's not very romantic, is it? We'd all like to think that we're created as perfectly free agents through the magic of Jehovah. But we're not, we're animals that evolved with many drives.

Do most men really want women in their age-range? That's not what I've seen in my life nor in the cultures of other countries around the world. As I mentioned there are exceptions (and already you're trying to herd me into complete stereotyping). Everywhere around the world and down through history, younger women have been attracted to older men. Sorry, it's just a fact. I'm sure you can pull out some little grad student paper indicating otherwise, but we all know it's true.

I didn't say men's sperm are immortal, but they do tend to last longer than women's eggs.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:44 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,658,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
On this site and others I always hear women say only younger women are put on a pedastal as hot or beautiful and that older women are seen as "over the hill" or "past their prime". Whether you believe that to be true or not Its not like we see the opposite when it comes to men. Aside from George Clooney and maybe denzel(but not nearly as much) most of the men prized in this world and seen as "hot" are young for the most part just like women. Look at the annual hottest or sexiest lists And I see more older women (40 and up)on female lists then I see The oppisite on male lists. It's really no different, but the difference is I never hear men complain about women just wanting younger guys like I hear women complain about men wanting younger women.

As one of the mods said in another thread I remember, youth is prized in general. It's not just female youth or male youth, its both.
Can't deny this.

Old 12-15-2012, 04:32 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,045 times
But my main point of this thread(and probably my last post) and as I said in the OP,is this whole youth=Hottest is not a gender specific thing. Both the young men and women are generally seen by the public as the most attractive/Sexually Desirable. So this myth that some women have perpetuated they these older guys are regarded in a such great light for thier looks while females at that age are tossed aside is just that... A myth

Last edited by BradPiff; 12-15-2012 at 04:46 AM..

Old 12-15-2012, 05:23 AM

1,710 posts, read 3,140,057 times
There appears to be a couple of posters on here that are an anomaly. However, for the average non-celebrity middle age male it's a fair assumption that the amount of "hit ons" and "approaches" by women of all ages on them decrease as age increases. I find it interesting also that somewhere around the age of 35 the ID checks suddenly become fewer and fewer and vanish alltogether.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships