Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 01:55 PM

4,829 posts, read 4,283,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I guess I want to know what made him friendzone me when everything was going so effin well.

And of course I am not going to go for him as second choice.

LOL. Tempting but no. I cannot do that. :-P

I think that maybe he did not realize I was falling for him like how I was. I am trying to be mature about this but I am getting angrier.

Yeah, I get what you are saying. I will not pick up when he needs **** if it doesn't work out.

I just guess I feel I am owned an explanation but then I am like WTF? I know what he is going to say. People have no shame.

The funny thing is that all my friends (close and distant) have nothing but good things to say about him. They all praise him as such a good guy. They all are shocked and think he made a true mistake or did not realize how much he was leading me on.

I find your answer interesting. I think you are saying he does like me because of the fact that he wants to meet me up and explain. He is insistent about it.

I felt like a fool. It does hurt. But if he was so torn and didnt know how to tell me, he could have just left with my other friends instead of laying here next to me cuddling all night and holding my hand. If he was so serious about asking this other girl out, why didnt he start to create this distance from me earlier?

I do not think he is a bad guy, believe it or not. He handled it poorly but still. Where does that leave me? And wtf does he wanna say?
He's still likely a good guy. He just really got torn between you and another woman. I think every guy has had a person or two that they are kinda addicted too and always want to be with. I have a what if girl that ultimately treated me like dog crap, but in the back of my mind there is still that what if. There's that level attraction you may have to a person, that seems utterly ridiculous to the outside looking in, but seems perfectly normal to you. See "Teen Mom" to get a better understanding of what I mean.

Your best bet is to move on from the guy. If you aren't interested in being friends, or being his number two option, then there's really nothing left for you to hold on too. Those are the only two scenarios you have at the moment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 09:40 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
He's still likely a good guy. He just really got torn between you and another woman. I think every guy has had a person or two that they are kinda addicted too and always want to be with. I have a what if girl that ultimately treated me like dog crap, but in the back of my mind there is still that what if. There's that level attraction you may have to a person, that seems utterly ridiculous to the outside looking in, but seems perfectly normal to you. See "Teen Mom" to get a better understanding of what I mean.

Your best bet is to move on from the guy. If you aren't interested in being friends, or being his number two option, then there's really nothing left for you to hold on too. Those are the only two scenarios you have at the moment.
I dont know why but I guess I just want to figure it out. Like what went wrong? We had soooo much fun. Honestly, the sun would rise and we would be shocked that so much time went by. On his birthday, he asked if he could come over and have a birthday shot with me at midnight. I said yeah. He said he would only stay for 15 minutes because he had to study. He ended up staying for 5 or 6 hours until the sun rose again.

What do you mean by "Teen Mom"? Sorry for the confusion. I don't know about friends but I will not be a number two. I have enough self-respect still. And why do I miss out out on this good guy (if he is)?

Yes the "what if" is really going through my head. My friend had a similiar situation where a guy told her that they were better off as friends. A month later, they began to date and are still together. Granted, the guy was not planning on asking someone else out.

I don't know what to do at this point. I wonder if he he will contact me. Or what will happen.....I try not to think about it but he was a major part of my social life. Just wondering if he is feeling it the way I am.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:59 PM

904 posts, read 1,381,970 times
I think your question has already been answered.

You friendzoned the guy and he wanted to be more than friends.

Old 12-21-2012, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacer View Post
I think your question has already been answered.

You friendzoned the guy and he wanted to be more than friends.
I dont know how much I believe that but if it is true, is it too late?

I never considered this option until I read it the page before.

Old 12-21-2012, 12:27 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,300,979 times
Quote:
I dont know how much I believe that but if it is true, is it too late?

I never considered this option until I read it the page before.
He never tried to kiss you or anything?

Did you notice an erection while you were cuddling? (not that this definitely means anything)

Old 12-21-2012, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
He never tried to kiss you or anything?

Did you notice an erection while you were cuddling? (not that this definitely means anything)
Saturday night, I felt like we were about to kiss a couple times. Our faces got close as we nuzzled.

And yes, there was a "bump" down there, hahahah.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:52 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,846,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
(not that this definitely means anything)
Well according to The Lonely Island, this could be caused by a number of things. For example, a cool breeze blowing through the window or finding out Bruce Willis was dead at the end of Sixth Sense.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:57 AM

1,469 posts, read 1,801,267 times
Default Dayum

Quote:
So basically this guy and I have been talking since October.

We got along pretty well and talked about many things. It was going well. A lot of my friends liked him for me and I started to like him as well. We both spoke the same language and came from a pretty similar background so it was even more fun.

We would do a lot fun things together (did not get sexual with each other) and really clicked. We began to hold hands, cuddle, nuzzle and stay up all night talking in each others arms (just 2 nights ago) even in front of other people and his friends. He even came and spent his birthday with me.

Basically long story short, I began to consider him and really like him. Then (Damn Facebook) began to show me some things about him commenting on this other girls page. I did not think much about it especially considering he was single but then it got me thinking. Some of the thing he wrote on there just seemed odd.

We were supposed to go see a movie today but last night, I mustered up the courage to ask him if he had a girlfriend or was seeing anyone else because of the things on Facebook. I could not find it on my conscious to go out with a guy who may already have a girlfriend despite the last couple of months.

He said that he did not have a girlfriend but planned on asking that girl out and that he wanted to tell me but did not know how to tell me. He asked if I could still meet him up for a talk instead of a movie then so he can explain. I was so upset that I just told him "No thank you but good luck on your final exam and asking her out."

In the evening today when we were supposed to go to the movie, he asked me "Can I meet you up and explain myself to you please?"

I am just so upset. I don't want to see him. And I already have an idea of what it is probably going to be like. "Oh you...I am so sorry that I lead you on for months despite knowing I really like this other girl....I am so sorry for any hurt feelings...I really hope we can be friends and I am gonna go out with this girl. Sorry!"

I guess I just wanted your opinions or thoughts about what you think he could possibly say. Is it worth going?

I would empathize with you but I can't. You are not in a relationship with him so he can ask and go out on a date with anyone he seems fit, and you can too. Have yall even discussed a possible committed relationship? Females smh ...

Old 12-21-2012, 09:59 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,213,138 times
Quote:
I dont know why but I guess I just want to figure it out. Like what went wrong? We had soooo much fun. Honestly, the sun would rise and we would be shocked that so much time went by. On his birthday, he asked if he could come over and have a birthday shot with me at midnight. I said yeah. He said he would only stay for 15 minutes because he had to study. He ended up staying for 5 or 6 hours until the sun rose again.
Does this guy have much experience with girls and girlfriends? Sounds kinda inexperienced.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekingcreativity View Post
I would empathize with you but I can't. You are not in a relationship with him so he can ask and go out on a date with anyone he seems fit, and you can too. Have yall even discussed a possible committed relationship? Females smh ...
You do not have too. I do not think I am that wrong in this situation. He lead me on. Matter of fact. I cannot just go in and ask him about his personal life like that with just a month or two into it.

He made a comment within our group of friends that he liked being single so I thought nothing of it. I never said anything about not "letting" him go out on dates with other women. And I know I have the right to date others but I would never if I was cuddling and snuggling up with others. It is just not right.

And even though I am free to date whoever or whatever, it still hurts to know I am free. I can't ****ing explain it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Does this guy have much experience with girls and girlfriends? Sounds kinda inexperienced.
Yeah, he actually does. Believe it or not. This is just so effed up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships