Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 01:46 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,292,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I must have a different thought process about the case. I don't look at a man and say to anyone that I would have sex with him.

I know it is joking around, but it would infer that wow, I would have sex with a complete stranger.

I actually do think it is disrespectful, to the person you are saying it to or about. Shoot! I guess I would go as far as to say that it is disrespectful towards ones self.
I have a friend who says things like that under her voice, when only I can hear. Her saying is "wanna root?" which is NZ for "do you want to have sex with me?".

I'm more likely to say "I would" or "only if he asked nicely" or something like that.

You're right, I never thought of it before..."hit" sounds violent.

Some guys are just soooo cute you have to share it with your BFF at least. I saw my dream man at the club on sunday and I whispered to my not-bff, There's my dream man.

And she immediately went to try to hit on him.

which he politely rebuffed because he is a dream man and would get hit on everywhere he goes, by every gender imaginable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2012, 06:26 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,477,455 times
Quote:
What?
My point exactly.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:43 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,367,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
Her saying is "wanna root?"
Root, root, root for the home team!

Quote:
which he politely rebuffed because he is a dream man and would get hit on everywhere he goes, by every gender imaginable.
Cute

Old 12-21-2012, 06:47 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,951,944 times
Quote:
In all seriousness, I know most, and that means some, are kidding but this is another of the phrases that to me is just wrong. Just as with the words plowing, smashing, banging, etc.

Phrases like this were not around when I was coming up. When I was young, if I heard a cuss word you would see shock on my face. I remember the first time tv showed a woman with a bra on and it was also shocking....

I have raised my kids in much the same way, to treat people with respect, talk appropriately and things of the like.

I don't think I am uptight, if you saw me out and about, I am with a smile and laughing and talking to people, complete strangers. You know, some of them are pretty attractive too.

I am in a loving relationship and I can seriously say that not once have I ever thought that "I'd tap that" about anyone other than my SO.

I can't imagine if one of my kids ever heard me saying such a thing. I think I may die. My daughter saw me having a mixed drink at my brothers 50th bday party and you would think I was committing a holy sin.... =/ It is how I've raised them.... can't help it.

I am not as serious and uptight as people may think I am coming across.....
Well then you're very different from most women. Women fantasize about sex, same as guys. They may not say "I'd hit that" as much but they still do fantasize about having hot guys send their one eyed snake into the cove. You must've been a homeschooled Amish kid if you never heard language like that, I'm not much younger than you and I heard language just as foul as now, if not worse since people used more racial/homophobic slang.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:48 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,530,149 times
Quote:
"I'd hit that." ?????

I see it written more and more and hear it outright. I think it is a blatant form of disrespect towards women.... (and men)

And really, all you men out there saying that...... Do you think all these women you say that about would actually let you?

Would you appreciate someone saying that about your sister, your daughter, or hell, your mother?

It's a figure of speech that implies the speaker is sexually attracted to whoever he/she says they'd hit. An abbreviated way of saying, "I'd love to engage in passionate, unbridled sexual intercourse with her!!"

[and if someone said that to me about my sister, daugher, etc., I'd consider it rude that they said it to me but I can't control what they say when I'm not around]

Last edited by MIKEETC; 12-21-2012 at 07:18 PM..

Old 12-21-2012, 07:12 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,645,710 times
Likely you hear people say "I'd hit that" because many people are open towards who'd they have sex with.

In my experiences this is more of a guy thing which is understandable as in my observations most guys are quick to talk about gals sexually seemingly the only thing they think of when it comes to gals, hold no to little regard to having sex with a random stranger if anything they praise it, and have no to little respect towards gals.

I wouldn't appreciate some guy saying that about gals I know though I don't really appreciate anything that comes out of most guys mouths as it seems to be either misogyny, bitterness, resentment, or stupidity.

Old 12-21-2012, 07:26 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,055,805 times
My favorite phrase is "Take her to pound town!"

Of course, I've used like 90% of my vocabulary as a euphemism for sex.

Hell, I use the environment sometimes. I saw a girl putting air in her tires the other day, and out of nowhere I thought "I'd rotate her tires..." I have no idea where I got that, but I got it.

But this is about as obvious as I can get to let your girls know what I want to do:

Come with me if you want to bang - Barney Stinson - YouTube

Old 12-21-2012, 07:28 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,255,659 times
It's kind of annoying. Or 'I'd tap that' and sounds kinda mechanical and unsexy if you ask me. I'd rather say, 'I'd make love to her all night long.' lol

Old 12-21-2012, 07:46 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,743,605 times

I'd crush that with the quickness.

Old 12-21-2012, 07:47 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,872,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Fan View Post

I'd crush that with the quickness.
I would OBLITERATE that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships