Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 03:44 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,805,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingWomanMyAge View Post
There are simply more commitment phones among both men and women in their 50s in my opinion.
What's a commitment phone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by US downhill View Post
Part of the problem for me anyway, is all that you see and hear about looking young. I have always looked older than I am, which was great when I was young, but now is a curse, and I hear it so often that when I look in a mirror I see this old guy. I'm 55 and feel as though I should look for a woman 65-70. When I see an attractive woman I think is my age I automaticly think she would want someone younger.
How do you know you look older? I've had people guess me 10 years older and 15 years younger. This generation is notoriously hard to judge for age I've found and I think you should just flirt with the ladies and see what happens. Also, I've found that it's impossible for me to know what I look like in a mirror--some days I look like a young thang and other days it's like my skin is hanging all off of me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2013, 09:02 PM

18 posts, read 38,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygirl15 View Post
Hey, I don't blame you about the internet thing. I have nothing against the internet dating sites, it's really just another way to meet people, but I would really like to meet someone through a mutual event like being members of a museum or a friend of a friend. Some common ground that is based on interest and not pressured to "date". Whatever happened to people going to dances and getting to know someone before they even dated? And while I would like to be married, I don't want to rush into anything. I want to date and go through that fun process of getting to know someone. I also don't want a guy who needs to be with me all the time. Yes, there are even guys that are like that. I want him to have interest (just not other women) and I can have my interests. Then we can come together at night for a nice dinner and a movie and discuss politics or world event or whatever. Is this too much to ask???

I don't come to this site often, so forgive me if I've already responded.

Although one could probably meet just as many liars and dangerous folks online as off, I just don't feel comfortable enough with the online dating to do it. There are days that I post often on the internet, but I like being able to voice my opinion anonymously. I don't need any weirdo noticing me outside, who can put my face with my posts, and then bothering me about what I said in regards to politics, a current event story or even sex.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:48 PM

246 posts, read 387,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
You don't know that it's why she ended it.
You're making assumptions (based on your thread).
She didn't exactly use those words but she did imply it was the case when we last texted in April. She had a definite insecurity about me that I couldn't remedy. I tried but the innate feelings on her part would not go away.

Old 05-07-2013, 06:12 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,393,569 times
I say, be yourself. There is nothing wrong with your thinking, whatever it is. It's you, it's what you're feeling. All guys notice every woman who comes within their range of sight. Every. Single. Woman. The right guy will spot you at the appropriate time. Get out and enjoy yourself.

Until this happens, maintain good physical fitness, embrace healthy living, get involved in activities which you find enriching and rewarding. Above all, don't sabatoge yourself with an overly negative, overly-critical internal conservation.

Age is less relevant today than ever before in dating IMO.

Old 05-07-2013, 06:33 PM

246 posts, read 387,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
I say, be yourself. There is nothing wrong with your thinking, whatever it is. It's you, it's what you're feeling. All guys notice every woman who comes within their range of sight. Every. Single. Woman. The right guy will spot you at the appropriate time. Get out and enjoy yourself.

Until this happens, maintain good physical fitness, embrace healthy living, get involved in activities which you find enriching and rewarding. Above all, don't sabatoge yourself with an overly negative, overly-critical internal conservation.

Age is less relevant today than ever before in dating IMO.
Good advice. The right WOMAN did spot me and we've been dating for about 8 weeks and so far so good. The grieving process isn't over with the ex, but I will not reach out to her for reconciliation and I doubt she will with me. So I'm moving on. Ultimately, when someone says they love you right up to the day of the breakup, and they're unwilling to discuss the issues surrounding their insecurities then they're not the right one anyway. My mind accepts that but my heart still has trouble, but I'll get through it. I'm sure in her mind she did the right thing and perhaps it was for the best for both of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships