Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 09:22 AM

1,496 posts, read 2,238,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
10 or 29 bucks once in a while is acceptable but hair done nails and all that crap screams gold digger.

This is another reason so many women are single honestly alot of them feel entitled because they're attractive to be spoiled.

I got a friend who got 10 grand from her boyfriend to start her business. Lol
If being attractive doesn't entitle a woman to be spoiled, what does??

It's nothing more than the flip side of a successful man's feeling that he's entitled to the trophy wife of his dreams.

I say a hot girl deserves everything she can get, and let the cards fall where they may. This may lead her to a certain kind of man, but that's part of the game.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:24 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
I don't pay bills, but I will sure as hell pay for her to look good. Need your hair did? No problem! Need a Brazilian wax done? No problem! This is benefiting me just as much as her

I don't actually have this problem though as I date a lawyer that makes six figures and can pay for her own crap.
I agree with Djuna that taking money from a man to look presentable for him feels demeaning. "heres some cash little lady now go get your crotch waxed and your nails done, see you tonite sweet cakes". I dont think so. Women can budget their own money to pay for their desired level of grooming.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:29 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,783,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by high iron View Post
If being attractive doesn't entitle a woman to be spoiled, what does??

It's nothing more than the flip side of a successful man's feeling that he's entitled to the trophy wife of his dreams.

I say a hot girl deserves everything she can get, and let the cards fall where they may. This may lead her to a certain kind of man, but that's part of the game.
That's the type of thinking that causing problems worshipping someone attractive and throwing money at their feet isn't wow, lots of times these women are botched, have horrible communication skills and can't get out their own way and men don't care as long as she's with go don't complain about entitlements with that reasoning, no one deserves them no matter who or what you are.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:30 AM

3,703 posts, read 3,780,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I agree with Djuna that taking money from a man to look presentable for him feels demeaning. "heres some cash little lady now go ge
t your crotch waxed and your nails done, see you tonite sweet cakes". I dont think so. Women can budget their own money to pay for their desired level of grooming.
Well I certainly respect a lady that wants to stand on her own two feet.

I've got one of my own

Old 01-07-2013, 09:32 AM

977 posts, read 1,815,770 times
How about never? If she can' pay her own bills, well, that's a sign she is not responsible (generally) and therefore not compatible with me. This isn't rocket science.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:34 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,923,196 times
Why would anyone give their girlfriend/boyfriend money on a regular basis, unless maybe in an emergency? I assume they have family, credit cards, etc. When you're engaged with a definite wedding date set and plans in the making, that's when I would think future spouses would start sharing assets.

In fact, there's a word that describes a "girlfriend" who gets money from a guy on a regular basis, and in exchange gives him sex, and it rimes with "go".

Old 01-07-2013, 09:36 AM

1,496 posts, read 2,238,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
That's the type of thinking that causing problems worshipping someone attractive and throwing money at their feet isn't wow, lots of times these women are botched, have horrible communication skills and can't get out their own way and men don't care as long as she's with go don't complain about entitlements with that reasoning, no one deserves them no matter who or what you are.
Your syntax is garbled, but I surmise from your post that you blame the woeful state of our dating culture on a mercenary attitude.

I say live and let live. If a man wants to put up with a shallow gold digger because she satisfies his need for firm female flesh or trophy status...and if a woman wants to put up with a man who expects sexual services in exchange for wealth...then as long as everyone's happy, what do I care?

Women are attracted to success and money, the same way men are attracted to certain body shapes.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:37 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,475,163 times
I agree with the "never" opinion. That may change if you are a) living together, b) engaged, or c) married and have shared expenses. Aside from that, if she asks for money, it's a sign that she may be irresponsible or worse, and may be cause for breaking up, IMO.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:51 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
I will add that I think it's OK at almost any point to hand someone a small amount of cash in a spontaneous tight spot--a legitimately forgotten wallet, a toll, cab fare, something unforeseen and thankfully accepted, as well as usually reciprocated or paid back as a gesture of gratitude. That answers the title of this thread. However, expecting someone to pay for luxuries, such as going to a salon as the OP said in his actual post, or hinting that he should help with her bills, I do not agree with that.

Last edited by JustJulia; 01-07-2013 at 10:08 AM.. Reason: added "at almost any point" to clarify the "when"

Old 01-07-2013, 10:23 AM

212 posts, read 1,003,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
It's your money and if you have it to give and want to ...do it. Even early on with my SO, I'd flip her some money and tell her to go have fun for the day. Now if she takes some of that money and brings you home something, she could be a keeper...means she's not selfish and thinking about you as well.
Seriously? My boyfriend has never flipped me money to go have fun for the day. You know why? Because he knows I take pride in earning my own money and wouldn't demean me like that. It's one thing to buy a salon voucher for your girlfriend on her birthday, or treat her to a massage if she seems stressed out from work (my boyfriend and I do things like this for each other periodically). Otherwise you fall into old-fashioned roles. Since your SO is willingly taking your money, she doesn't sound like a keeper at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships