Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 06:51 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,747,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp-D-Derp View Post
I have been celibate for 20 years rather than run into someone who could give me something I don't want ..... and I don't trust many people.
Whatever rocks your boat! But your argument about not being involved with someone who's had multiple partners because of the STD factor is a bit lame. Someone can contract an STD having had only one partner while others who've had multiple partners can remain free and clear their whole lives. The odds of course are greater the more partners but I think your celibacy decision is based on way more than just that factor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 06:51 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,392,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
Who said anything about infidelity? Man's greatest fear - a woman who enjoys sex. Why? Because the presumption is future infidelity.
Hence our word for this "condition" as young kids in Calif: "hose monster"

And you know what, 20,000 Frenchmen can't be wrong. That's what they do.

Old 01-14-2013, 06:56 AM

40,955 posts, read 49,242,733 times
I've learned if someone is looking for numbers to just say "A little over 5".

A little over 5 makes one experienced and can cover numbers 6 to hundreds. A little vagueness and amnesia goes a long way.

A real gentleman does not ask for solid numbers or all the details. The best point is that it's him, now and forever.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:04 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,045,161 times
I believe in safe sex practices and Std testing. Too much stigma over sex partners especially for women...I never tell and if you press me it's a deal breaker. How many people I slept with between the ages of 15-25 has no bearing on the person I am at almost 40.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:23 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,610,681 times
Not exactly sure why double digits means promiscuous in your world, but Im going to repeat myself once again, since so many people today seem to miss this. In the eyes of our society, a virgin man is an equal of a female ****. There is a reason men usualy round up the number of sexual partners and women do the exact opposite, when asked about their sexual past and experience. Depite what women may tell you, they vigurously seek out men who are experienced sexualy and ignore virgins and inexperienced guys. Men seek the exact opposite and the less sexual partners a woman has had, the bigger the prize she becomes. Its the truth and there is only one.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:28 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,306,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Not exactly sure why doublke digits means promiscuous in your world, but Im going to repeat myself once again, since so many peoiple today seem to miss this. In the eyes of our society, a virgin man is an equal of a female ****. THere is a reason men usualy round up the number of sexual partners and women do the exact opposite, when asked about their sexual past and experience. Depite what women may tell you, they vigurously seek out men who are experienced sexualy and ignore virgins and inexperienced guys. Men seek the exact opposite and the less sexual partners a woman has had, the bigger the prize she becomes. Its the truth and there is only one and only.
Men have no clue about women's actual number, unless they are open about it. You can date a "prize" for years and not know she had 100+ partners. It's not like shes walking around wearing a scarlet letter. Male virgins are easily as hard to detect. Obviously, a women will know when she goes to have sex with him (maybe some less experienced women wont).

People's numbers aren't plastered on their foreheads. No one really knows what they're getting, unless the other is honest.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:32 AM

2,333 posts, read 2,005,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
She shouldn't tell him, and if it ever comes up, she should just say she's had enough experience to know she's made the right choice with him. Unless he's someone who really does not care but is still curious - even then it's best not to give him a chance to get upset.
Now that, is an artful phrase. Well done, in my book! If STD's are involved, or children, things that are current and future, those you need full disclosure honesty.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:36 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,610,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Men have no clue about women's actual number, unless they are open about it. You can date a "prize" for years and not know she had 100+ partners. It's not like shes walking around wearing a scarlet letter. Male virgins are easily as hard to detect. Obviously, a women will know when she goes to have sex with him (maybe some less experienced women wont).

People's numbers aren't plastered on their foreheads. No one really knows what they're getting, unless the other is honest.
Thats nice, but it has nothing to do with what I posted.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:44 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,747,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Depite what women may tell you, they vigurously seek out men who are experienced sexualy and ignore virgins and inexperienced guys. Men seek the exact opposite and the less sexual partners a woman has had, the bigger the prize she becomes. Its the truth and there is only one.
No, that is not the truth but is simply your opinion.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:54 AM

2,333 posts, read 2,005,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post

True.

You know what I find odd? That so many of the posters say men look for women who are virginal. Ha. I don't think so. MOST men look for a woman who is willing, at least in the western cultures I've ever known. This is NOT true in Iran, Saudia Arabia, Afghanistan, and other highly religious middle eastern cultures that I have known. And this is not an Islamic thing. I've seen similar attitudes among older Catholics in Latin America. In the middle east, Isreal seems more modernly western in this regard. But in Afghanistan, as I understand, you can still find men marrying 8-10 year old girls to insure their virginity.

Back to men seeking willing women. Virginal woman are usually not willing - which is why they are still virginal. Nothing applies to everybody, sure. I've known peeps, both sexes, waiting for the "right" one to lose their cherry and then (hopefully) claim for life.

On the other hand, extreme promiscuity is also a turn-off, but we are talking extreme here.

You know another odd thing? Back when I worked in a job where I got to watch people a lot, I used to see more married women playing the field than men. They'd have a fling (or two), and then usually go back to the marriage, I guess realizing they had made a decent choice the first time! Sometimes things went the other way. But guys who did play around, it seemed to me, usually did it serially - repeaters. Once a player, always a player, unless somebody got their number but good, that kind of thing. But when they got an opportunity, ohenry led the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships