Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 07:56 AM

174 posts, read 258,641 times

Advertisements

In my opinion this is not something that she should bring up. However, if he asks she should not lie but she does not have to go into graphic details either. I don't see why someone would care about someone's sexual past. As long as they don't have an STD and they are not living a secret life who cares. Personally, I don't want to hear about it at all. It is obvious that when two people get together they are not the only one that the other has slept with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 07:59 AM

3,670 posts, read 7,166,624 times
oh no not the double digits haha

Old 01-14-2013, 08:45 AM

225 posts, read 344,834 times
Ummm ... nope.

Old 01-14-2013, 09:50 AM

601 posts, read 1,076,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieOca View Post
My friend's older sister (who is also my friend) is about to get married in December but the guy doesn't really know about her promiscuous past during her youthful years. This was years before she met him and she was single then but she'd changed.

Her number is obviously on the double digit but she never revealed this to him and he never asked either. If I were her, I would probably not say anything about it. I think the past is the past and what matter is what person you're now.

However, she expressed her concerns about what to say if he one day were to find out from someone else or throught other sources. She loves him so much, she doesn't want to lose him. We all know she never cheated on him.

This is what I don't get. If a man had a promiscuous past, we should accept that it's in the past and forget it but yet a woman is branded for life and must lie her way through (by never revealing this) in order for her to form a relationship, get marry one day and have kids, even when she really changed and has been faithful since.
It's probaly best she don't voluntarily say anything, he may look at her a lil different. Some things just best to be left alone. What if it's someone he knows. You never know. Now if he asked of course he should know the truth. Some people know how to handle certain situations better than others.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:32 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,595,991 times
The past defines the future. People either don't change or they change very slow. I think promiscuous (and celibate) men & women should test attitudes of their potential mates on the issue of numbers before proceeding any further, no numbers, no specifics, just what you feel about it. For some people it's very important and they would dump high mileage men/women that misled them, or it would introduce unwelcome tensions and snide.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:34 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
Wtf 300?! Holy crap man.
That's really not that many if you've been dating a long time. That can be an average of one a month.

Is it more than most? Yes. If you were a single guy in a tourist trap not so much.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:38 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,209,412 times
Don't ask, don't tell.

And definitely don't tell if he didn't ask!

Old 01-14-2013, 10:40 AM

2,886 posts, read 5,827,883 times
Don't open up a can of worms if you don't have to.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:32 AM

4 posts, read 7,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
never.

I have slept with over 300 women in my life and have done some pretty kinky stuff along with being a sugar daddy light. Most decent American women will run if you show them pictures of you vacationing with two girls on Kho Samui.

better let those dogs sleep.

american women dont really support abortion either, but in some countries it's used as a post sex contraceptive.
Wow...now that's a lot.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:46 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,625,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
never.

I have slept with over 300 women in my life and have done some pretty kinky stuff along with being a sugar daddy light. Most decent American women will run if you show them pictures of you vacationing with two girls on Kho Samui.

better let those dogs sleep.

american women dont really support abortion either, but in some countries it's used as a post sex contraceptive.
Are you the author of 50 Shades of Grey.

Cough, Cough. B.S.!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships