Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2013, 02:25 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,923,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Here's the deal: the occult, which it is, is consulted for "certainty." That way, people can say Gemini, Snake, and Number 6, and they can quantify who they are dealing with. It's also politically correct, and some people believe it or chuckle at it ... and some people find it annoying or foolish.

If we didn't have these batches, then people would need other classifying descriptors. Unfortunately, descriptors like trust fund brat, granola, hick, gold digger, white trash, and others would not fly with most people, though there is some "certainty" with those descriptions, too.

People naturally want to understand things and classify them, just like biologists and botanists.
Right, but biologists and botanists classify things based on scientific principles, rather than superstition. This is a huge and very important difference. I understand the human need to classify, but let's do so rationally.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2013, 05:55 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,394,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
Right, but biologists and botanists classify things based on scientific principles, rather than superstition. This is a huge and very important difference. I understand the human need to classify, but let's do so rationally.
I agree with you. It's completely based on coincidence, and not rationality.

Old 01-18-2013, 06:05 PM

662 posts, read 1,261,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I am a typical Scorpio with ALL the scorpio traits. Read a Scorpio book and was so amazed, it was like written a book about me. My Scorpio friends are exactly the same. We are very jealous, sexual and don't ever try hiding anything, we investigate everything and don't believe any stupid excuses.

My ex was a Scorpio with NONE of the scorpio traits. Not even a little bit. Very disappointing.

I am currently dating a GEMINI, talks alot, very funny, smart, but drives me crazy because he can't even commit to tiny things like going away for a weekend and is almost undateable because he is just so freakin independent. I can't catch him. He is the greatest loving and caring person while we are together and then he turns around and I don't hear from him for a week because "I didn't feel like it, is this a PROBLEM?". Very frustrating for a possessive Scorpio

sun moon aries taurus gemini cancer leo [CENTER] virgo libra scorpio sagittarius capricorn aquarius pisces

Maybe your BF's moon is in a Taurus...

Old 01-18-2013, 06:23 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,454,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadd1014 View Post
sun moon aries taurus gemini cancer leo [CENTER] virgo libra scorpio sagittarius capricorn aquarius pisces
I needed this refresher last weekend when I had to draw "zodiac" in Pictionary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound_of_Reason View Post
I had a friend that was a capricorn, and i dated a few, all i can say is never again. I feel like capricorn pisces and scorpio are all negative signs and should be avoided like the plague. My friend that was capricorn, he was always the lone wolf and would meet people but would never try to get to know them or be their friend..i never understood this.
I'm a Capricorn. My late hubby was a Gemini. He was the charismatic, flirty, extrovert. But also loyal. Dumped a friend of his for hurting MY feelings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
You are a Capricorn. Easy going. Level headed. Patient. Stubborn. Strongest earth sign. Some are status hunters. Good listeners. Loyal. They grow backwards. They are like a wise old person when they are young, with age they get more youthful. Extremely hard workers. Usually make excellent bosses because they are productive yet fair.
I'm not patient and I procrastinate like you wouldn't believe. And I have a temper (I blame that on being Scottish and Italian with a little German thrown in for good measure). I am growing backwards though. I've had several friends point that out to me.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:34 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,896,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
I have no problem telling people why I'm upset when I'm upset and how it got to that point. I don't have a lot of patience. Guess work takes time. I'm pretty straight forward and to the point.

I have to mention that you gemini's do have a big heart and are loving.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:44 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,705,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I am a typical Scorpio with ALL the scorpio traits. Read a Scorpio book and was so amazed, it was like written a book about me. My Scorpio friends are exactly the same. We are very jealous, sexual and don't ever try hiding anything, we investigate everything and don't believe any stupid excuses.

My ex was a Scorpio with NONE of the scorpio traits. Not even a little bit. Very disappointing.

I am currently dating a GEMINI, talks alot, very funny, smart, but drives me crazy because he can't even commit to tiny things like going away for a weekend and is almost undateable because he is just so freakin independent. I can't catch him. He is the greatest loving and caring person while we are together and then he turns around and I don't hear from him for a week because "I didn't feel like it, is this a PROBLEM?". Very frustrating for a possessive Scorpio
I am a Gemini and I approve this message! haha, seriously though, we do talk alot, are funny and smart and no two are alike! I met one guy and he didn't play videogames(which I thought was weird) but he was always down for playing sports and any kind of outside activity which reminded me of elementary school(flag football anyone?) I am kinda independent too, but I try to be reasonable and I have to laugh at the last line because I have said stuff like that before...I don't like the possessiveness so much of Scorpio but when girls get mad, they are so cute! haha.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatgirl007 View Post

I have to mention that you gemini's do have a big heart and are loving.
Aww thanks, we are and we do, unfortunately this gemini is a little sad today

Old 01-23-2013, 10:07 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,474,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadd1014 View Post

Maybe your BF's moon is in a Taurus...
The T in TRosa is for Taurus, don't blame it on us Taurians, we are the best of all the zodiacs. (whuuut, you say bull?)

Old 01-23-2013, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
The T in TRosa is for Taurus, don't blame it on us Taurians, we are the best of all the zodiacs. (whuuut, you say bull?)
umm no, that would be me!!! haha, but I will this, you guys are patient, or at least the Taurus that I used to date long time ago was. She was just very stubborn and it took her a lot to finally change.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:41 PM

211 posts, read 172,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
I needed this refresher last weekend when I had to draw "zodiac" in Pictionary.

I'm a Capricorn. My late hubby was a Gemini. He was the charismatic, flirty, extrovert. But also loyal. Dumped a friend of his for hurting MY feelings.
I think there are some general truths to these things. I am also a Gemini and, depending on the crowd, I can also be considered charismatic, funny, extrovert and loyal. I definitely have the gift of the gab, so long as the other side interacts (I have trouble with introverts though).

I think saying Geminis act this way is a lot like any other stereotype, such as saying Italians talk with their hands, have close families and whatnot. It works as a generality and in far greater numbers than average, but I don't think you can necessarily predict how any one person is going to be like based on the zodiac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships