Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 12:06 AM

17,869 posts, read 21,035,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I have a thing for arms, too. Most women do (we had a thread on this, lol) But they're nice almost any way they come.

Still. A buff bod isn't going to help if his personality s*cks.
I do disagree with this. Even if his personality sucks, have a good body will get him easy women. If that's all he wants then more power to him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 02:23 AM

7,453 posts, read 13,449,285 times
The tip I will give you is.....get a decent car, if you have to get a loan so beit. Having a decent and attractive means of transportation, will dramatically increase your chances with the college girls. Some college girls have no transport. You can take them places and get to know them that way. Landing the girls aside, it will give you your own personal freedom and independence you lack in not having your own place.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:10 AM

677 posts, read 1,195,697 times
I'm the same age and you should always focus on your studies first. A girlfriend isn't going to finish your degree, get you a job or pay your bills. Be smart and stay out of it.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:15 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,791,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediocre View Post
Is my thinking flawed
yes it is

Quote:
It's not only about sex, but it may seem like it. It's my entire lack of social value. It's an enigma to me. There are highschool students getting more action than me.
your value to society has nothing to do with whether you're getting laid or not. actually that's the 'nice guy syndrome' that you see on this board. Boys grow up, contribute to society, and then expect that they're suddenly going to be sexually attractive because they can support themselves.

i'm not really sure who or what plants this seed in some peoples' heads, but it's not true, things don't work that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
A buff bod isn't going to help if his personality s*cks.
sure it will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayN View Post
I'm the same age and you should always focus on your studies first. A girlfriend isn't going to finish your degree, get you a job or pay your bills. Be smart and stay out of it.
worst advice ever!

Last edited by le roi; 01-16-2013 at 07:29 AM..

Old 01-16-2013, 07:21 AM

633 posts, read 725,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Some women have apartments
LOL. That's just what I'm gonna say.. But if your only reason for having a gf is to get laid.... ya well.. WTF.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:32 AM

409 posts, read 499,076 times
Same here. Way to damn busy, no free time.

Not to mention, socially retarded and quite unattractive.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:35 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,708,128 times
Quote:
That's right college is keeping me from getting laid. The fact that I don't have a job, or much of any social value is the reason I am not confident. I also don't have a place of my own, yet. I would not be able to bring any girls in since I live in a small apartment with my parents and brother. There's just no way I'll be losing my virginity in this current scenario I find myself in.

If only brothels would be legal in the states I'd just pay for sex and become more confident in myself and with women. I need to have my own life before I can have a girlfriend, while people who go away for college can screw whenever they want because they live with each other.

I tell you, if I had my own life I'd be picking up random chicks in the street. But I just don't see the point in having a relationship If I still live with my parents. I have no value, and this bothers me greatly.

Is my thinking flawed or should I suppress myself now then go crazy after I graduate? I want to add i'm bothered because I am 21 years old been going to college since 2009, but looking at 3 more years of schooling and staying at home, career-less.
oh shut up! I lived with my relatives until mid twenties and I had girls running in and out of that place. You are thinking way too much into this, women only start to care when you are 30 anyway. And if they care that much then they are probably just gold diggers anyway.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:38 AM

20,119 posts, read 13,578,293 times
Quote:
It's not only about sex, but it may seem like it. It's my entire lack of social value. It's an enigma to me. There are highschool students getting more action than me. I've thought about going to clubs to get pictures of me in cool settings to pimp out whatever online profile I may have like okcupid or facebook. In both those sites my pages are pretty abandoned since they are embarrassing and shameful to me. I guess my problem is I don't want the girl to learn how much I suck.
People get married later and later these days, largely because college education takes a long time and a lot of money and then it takes a lot of time to get established in a career and have some net $ rolling in. So by extension, you needn't be in such a hurry to have serious relationships; they are a distraction at this point in your life and kind of doomed to not go anywhere.

Of course it's supposedly the journey, not the destination, so exploring relationships, including sex, is an option. But that isn't going to happen for you until you work on yourself. And I would say you need professional help. You have zero self confidence and you don't know yourself. People sense that. You call this "sucking" and that's just a self-pitying way to continue to be that way. Get a grip and go to work on yourself. Become the person you want to be. Don't pretend that your'e helpless. You're in an environment where getting help and a clue has never been more possible. Make the effort and persist until you succeed, or you will still be having this conversation with yourself in twenty years.

What you need is hope that this is possible and the will to make it happen. Note that I did not say it's easy, low-hanging fruit. But you are putting a lot of hard work into self-flagellation so I know you have the energy. Direct that energy to useful ends. Quit wasting it.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:50 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,048,733 times
Why is it that there are so many guys without a pot to pee-pee in nor a window to throw it out of and they still get plenty of sex. So it's not the women it's you. you have no game. People are attracted to personalities as well as looks and money.

Last edited by Jasper03; 01-16-2013 at 08:03 AM..

Old 01-16-2013, 07:53 AM

264 posts, read 310,005 times
Another live-with-parents virgin who is obsessed with bodybuilding?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships