Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 08:39 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,048,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
College is awesome but not every guy is getting laid at the rate they say in the movies. Some guys don't get laid at all.
Very very true.

College presents the opportunity to meet and mingle with a lot of similar age individuals who have similar goals (college, career, etc), which definately can facilitate meeting potential mates (or people for ONS's), but doesn't make it automatic.

I focused on my studies far more than women in college. I was not really involved in the partying or lifestyle typically depicted in the movies. That was my choice, and I am happy with it. I am sure, had I wanted to seek out a different path in my college years, I could have met a lot of women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 09:19 AM

1,909 posts, read 3,789,036 times
Just smoke some weed and everything will work out fine

Old 01-16-2013, 09:19 AM

264 posts, read 309,762 times
College-aged woman probably don't want to get with socially awkward dudes any more than women of another age bracket do.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:20 AM

521 posts, read 763,779 times
you can always take the women to a hotel. you dont want to bring random girls back to your home anyway

Old 01-16-2013, 09:26 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,046,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
You are right, if a guy is not on hormone muscle therapy, the size of biceps is a good predictor of his testosterone levels. Don't expect much of "maleness" from the muscle-less guys.
Never said anything about maleness, it's personal preference but it's not like I'd date someone solely because their arms are big...

Old 01-16-2013, 12:19 PM

24 posts, read 88,198 times
OP, You are focusing entirely too much on getting laid. You think about it too much and worry about why you aren't getting laid. You should be out dating, ask a cute girl to a study session for a test. That's how I met most girls in college, you study together and then go for drinks later in the weekand next thing you know...your getting laid, OP.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:30 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,773,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
I have heard of guys choose to focus on their studies instead of relationships in college, but blaming being in college for not getting laid? What?

Being in college is a TERRIFIC environment for developing intimate relationships. College generally is comprised of a student body of late teen to young 20 somethings, with lots of hormones, in a close environment, with dorm rooms, town houses, complete with parties, meeting places, etc, all of which generally facilitiate relationships. Not hinder them.

The rest of your post is just a pitty party. If your not happy with your current life situation, make changes. No job? Get one. Hate living at home? Dorm at the school, or get some friends together to rent a place. Don't want to take a girl home to your place? Go to her's.
I know, right? There are not enough in the world for this guy.

OP, may I ask, who exactly decided that you have no "social value."?

You are shaping up to be the kind of person man, woman and beast run far away from. The lethal combination of self-pity and blame is going to bury you.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:31 PM

24 posts, read 88,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
The tip I will give you is.....get a decent car, if you have to get a loan so beit. Having a decent and attractive means of transportation, will dramatically increase your chances with the college girls. Some college girls have no transport. You can take them places and get to know them that way. Landing the girls aside, it will give you your own personal freedom and independence you lack in not having your own place.
Relying on a new car to help with getting girls, is a very rookie move. College girls don't care about that ****.

He needs to learn to develop communication skills with the girls before doing anything else. Like I said, Ask a girl to a study session and get to know her. A car isn't going to do **** for him.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:58 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,403,036 times
ask a girl out, go to a party and just start convos with random girls.. when u leave college u dont realize how easy u had it

Old 01-16-2013, 04:19 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,786,313 times
College is preventing me from getting laid. Wow, never thought I would hear that one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships