Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 12:29 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,805,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foclampt View Post
Did I really just read somewhere back there that "women who don't have a valentine on valentines day are homely or undesireable?" (p 5)
Hmmm...
Thats the coldest thing I have heard in a while. What a horrible person you must be to think that way of others...you don't deserve a valentine.
I hope you don't have a horribly disfiguring car accident that leaves you undersirable, or have a divorce leaving you with children when your perfect husband leaves you because you got old and your breasts droop...or that any number of the things that happen to good and beautiful people and create such crisis that a day like valentines is sad for you.
Some peoples kids...geez.
Some years I have a Valentine, some years I don't. I wonder if (by the wonderful nugget you found on page 5) that means some years I am hot and other years I am not Maybe it was my haircut on any given year, lol.

Yeah, I agree with you that it's a stupidly short sighted statement.

This is the first year in a while that I am actually dating someone on Valentines Day. I have no idea what to do. It's long distance and we can't be together that weekend because of my work schedule and I am normally the type that likes to do something special instead of gifts. Should I send a card? Chocolates? Jack-in-the box that springs out and launches confetti hearts all over the place? What?

On one hand, I don't want to over do it since we just started dating a few months ago and because of the distance haven't spend more than a few weeks together total... on the other, I know I am his first Valentine in over 8 years, so I don't want him to feel left out.

I am disliking Valentines Day this year... but mainly because I am not sure what to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2014, 12:38 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Hate it. Usually it has been the worst day of the year.

Old 01-24-2014, 03:36 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Awwww want me to buy you one of those huge Hershey kisses?

Old 01-24-2014, 04:10 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,002,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
It's on a Friday, so for me, I can choose to drink the evening away if I want lol.

Old 01-24-2014, 04:23 PM

943 posts, read 1,004,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Some years I have a Valentine, some years I don't. I wonder if (by the wonderful nugget you found on page 5) that means some years I am hot and other years I am not Maybe it was my haircut on any given year, lol.

This is the first year in a while that I am actually dating someone on Valentines Day. I have no idea what to do. It's long distance and we can't be together that weekend because of my work schedule and I am normally the type that likes to do something special instead of gifts. Should I send a card? Chocolates? Jack-in-the box that springs out and launches confetti hearts all over the place? What?

On one hand, I don't want to over do it since we just started dating a few months ago and because of the distance haven't spend more than a few weeks together total... on the other, I know I am his first Valentine in over 8 years, so I don't want him to feel left out.

I am disliking Valentines Day this year... but mainly because I am not sure what to do.

Yay Jillabean! Thats so cool, I have no idea either? I guess you could fry a steak and send it a few days ahead of time so it gets there before Valentines...guys loooove steak...
Ha ha just kidding...how about just a sweet early morning phone call, and then the delivery of the jack in the box with confetti!!!! Yay!

Old 01-25-2014, 09:58 AM

88,605 posts, read 84,838,467 times
I don't have a significant other (or even an insignificant other) so it's not a special day for me, but I do like those little heart candies.

Old 01-25-2014, 10:19 AM

306 posts, read 657,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmw36 View Post
I'm in a serious relationship and it's just another day for me. No real reason to hate it.

Buy yourself some discount chocolates on the 15th
If I bought my GF discount chocalates she would be pissed off.... her min expectations are that I drop a couple hundred $ on gifts and a fancy dinner....

Old 01-25-2014, 10:31 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Let's toss 'Sweetest Day' in there for a disposable holiday.
I had never even heard of this holiday until I moved to Illinois. Back in SoCal it's not a thing at all.

Old 01-25-2014, 11:05 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Awwww want me to buy you one of those huge Hershey kisses?
yeah!

Old 01-25-2014, 11:06 AM

17,639 posts, read 22,647,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post

I think your feller would like a nice card with some personal words written on it......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships