Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2013, 03:53 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,758,476 times

Advertisements

I will celebrate this year's Valentine's Day for this reason. This month, I avoided giving my virginity to a girl who apparently could give less of a about me. This will be a celebration that I can still give that gift to a special someone that I truly care about and not just a warm willing body.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 04:22 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,833,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I'm sure my bf, the cat, will leave me a nice "present" in his catbox
You could ask him for a live mouse in the house like mine did one year. Yup, just brought a live mouse in the house, let it go and plopped down on the floor looking at me lovingly while I was shreiking like "Lexie! You go get that mouse out of the house now!" No response whatsoever. The nerve!

On and my brother got in on it too. He hit the mouse with a blowdart while I was at work and felt the need to hang it on my door in a ziplock bag. Oh the creativity of some out there.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:03 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,154,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
It's my least favorite holiday. do we need a day to remind ourselves that we have failed at love or haven't found love. .
It's a holiday? you get a day off for it? How odd.... Do you also get upset on Mothers Day or Fathers Day if you don't have children?..... anyway.

It's our wedding anniversary on the 22nd and to us it's meaningless, my wife and I don't acknowledge it at all, haven't since we got married. She always says that as we're married we really should be each others valentine anyway, can't find anything to argue with in that to be honest.

Old 02-12-2013, 07:23 AM

17,639 posts, read 22,650,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
You could ask him for a live mouse in the house like mine did one year. Yup, just brought a live mouse in the house, let it go and plopped down on the floor looking at me lovingly while I was shreiking like "Lexie! You go get that mouse out of the house now!" No response whatsoever. The nerve!

On and my brother got in on it too. He hit the mouse with a blowdart while I was at work and felt the need to hang it on my door in a ziplock bag. Oh the creativity of some out there.

Sometimes my cat pal's would bring live chipmunks into my home, then they got away inside.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:00 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,161,433 times
Why waste energy hating it? Just ignore it and move on with your life. It's just a commercialized, Hallmark cash grab like all the other holidays.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:12 AM

2,079 posts, read 3,210,024 times
yeah, i kinda hate but ignore it for the most part. this year, it's just a milestone; another two days and i am on vacation from work

Old 02-12-2013, 08:20 AM

247 posts, read 266,526 times
I always spent past Valentine's Day with a group of my close friends. We would give one another cards and chocolate, plenty to go around. Then we would all go to the store to find a cheesy romantic movie to buy.

This year's a little different.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:23 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,618,824 times
I really don't mind Valentine's Day. Being single is just my normal state of being so not having a Valentine isn't particularly depressing.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:02 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,674,263 times
I hate V day because it's the day after my birthday.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:03 AM

88,605 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
It's my least favorite holiday. do we need a day to remind ourselves that we have failed at love or haven't found love. .
LOL. Just saw this. It did used to bother me, and maybe way deep down it still does a little, but not as badly as it once did. It was worse when my daughter was in school and I was one of the few single/divorced moms in town and the idiot PTA mothers would try to persuade me to buy a ticket to the Valentine's Dance fundraiser...yeah, right, so I can sit there alone or as the odd-numbered person at the table and be The Thing That You All Fear Can Happen To You?

But now, I've gotten closer to acceptance that I am doomed to be alone, and it doesn't bother me as much now because I don't find myself stuck in social situations that spotlight my failure in that regard. If I know a party is going to be all couples, I just do not go. I don't want anyone feeling sorry for me.

I do love those little heart candies with the sayings on them, though, and will probably buy a bag for myself!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships