Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 11:15 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post

My questions are,

1) do you think it's possible to meet a well rounded good guy being a single parent? Yes.

2) would you men rather be with a a female who wasn't nice rather than one who was good in every sense but has a child? No. But I prefer a woman who did not have children.

3) is it worth trying to date again? Yes.
Answers in red.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2013, 11:49 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Obviously I am on the wrong side of the pond.

Good mums:
Attached Thumbnails
Bad girls vs Good mums-mums.jpg  

Old 01-30-2013, 12:20 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,789,009 times
Quote:
I'm finding more and more often that guys would rather be with females who are stuck up, shallow and treat them like crap rather than a kind, loving and all round good female because she has a kid.......being a single mother I've never tried dating as I wasn't sure how guys would react to the fact that I have a kid. The worst thing and most hurtful thing that could ever happen I imagine would be getting rejected because of the most wonderful thing that could have ever happened to me. The thought of someone thinking less of me or treating me differently and using my son against me honestly makes me feel sick. I know loads of you men on here refuse to date a single parent and I understand that.

My questions are,

1) do you think it's possible to meet a well rounded good guy being a single parent?

2) would you men rather be with a a female who wasn't nice rather than one who was good in every sense but has a child?

3) is it worth trying to date again?
I'd date a single mom, no problem..I like being around kids. All of my ex-girlfriends had kids.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:52 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
One day years ago i met my future wife & her beloved five year old daughter. As time went by & i got to know them both, i fell in love with mom & daughter. I then married mom & about a year later i adopted my daughter...
This is sweet, I hope when the times right I meet someone decent like you

Old 01-30-2013, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackpot View Post
Can I ask some questions? Please be honest with this.

1) What type of guys are you after? Reason for asking is when this subject comes acress, it seems to teeter around childless guys who are the ones that "run" when they find out you have a child. Are you exclusively seeking childless men or also single dads?

2) Which leads me to my next question, if you managed to find a childless man to settle down would you be open to having a child with him? There are plenty of guys who would love nothing more than to go through the process of being a dad. For some men, it's a huge milestone. Would you be too concerned with him paying favoritism with his child against yours?

Around these parts (where I live) most women seem to have a two child limit before they hit 30 and any guy without kids are expected to suck it up unless an accident happens. I've watch many of my childless freinds get into this and after a few years I get to hear all the buyers remorse stories of never going to be a dad, I can't describe how crushing it is to see them like this.
I'm happy to answer any questions and of course I'll be honest...

1) I would like to meet a good, loving,kind,honest and decent guy....... I would date a single dad I think it would be tricky us both having kids and maybe the other kids mother would not want her child mixing with mines etc....in my experience some women can be really nasty when their ex meets someone new but I wouldn't rule anyone out.

2) i would definetly be open tonthe idea of having another child but that would only be an option if i was married........I really don't think the guy i choose to marry would favour his own child over mines due to the fact that I would be married therefore the guy would have spent a considerable amount of time with my son although its obviously a thought as I know how much I love my son therefor think could someone else love him as much.

If you have anything else to ask feel free

Old 01-30-2013, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Elain,

After reading some of your posts over these last weeks i feel your a beautiful, honest, positive thinking, mostly happy lady. Your a loving, Mum to your beloved son, with a caring, warm heart. Some of your words give off an essence of love & warmth you project.

A good man you will one day meet, will be very lucky to have you as his loving wife, lover, & best friend.

I wish you & your beloved son, all the good luck & good health, in the world...
Thanks very much I really appreciate your comment you're very kind

Old 01-30-2013, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
whatever you do be careful when you google cream pie...
Is this something dirty?

Old 01-30-2013, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
I'd date a single mom, no problem..I like being around kids. All of my ex-girlfriends had kids.
I like that answer lol

Old 01-30-2013, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beijingbear View Post
No,i donot want raise another man's kids. Why i spend my precious time and hard earned money on someone who is not related to me. Where is the kid,s biological father? Does he pay child support?
This is pathetic!!

Not all women want a man to look after them financially, certainly not me anyways. I'm more than capable of looking after my son all on my own I don't need a man to spend his precious hard earned money on my son or myself......I don't understand how some men think like that? I mean don't you realise we have supported ourselves and children perfectly fine before you came along so what makes you think that's going to change?

My sons father made his decision not to be a dad while I was pregnant and no he does not pay for him. I do not wish to take any money off him, In my opinion money means nothing in comparison with a full time loving father.

Old 01-30-2013, 06:35 AM

6 posts, read 12,777 times
Quote:
Thiss pa ithetic!!

Not all women want a man to look after them financially, certainly not me anyways. I'm more than capable of looking after my son all on my own I don't need a man to spend his precious hard earned money on my son or myself......I don't understand how some men think like that? I mean don't you realise we have supported ourselves and children perfectly fine before you came along so what makes you think that's going to change?

My sons father made his decision not to be a dad while I was pregnant and no he does not pay for him. I do not wish to take any money off him, In my opinion money means nothing in comparison with a full time loving father.
Woman like you is PATHETIC and SELFISH, you never really took consideration of your kid's well being! what if you kid wants a dad?? You have brutally deprived his/her basic huamanright for being a single monther by choice!! You said you don't wish to take any money from him, becacuse you are a proud woman who can take care the kid by yourself, lol. just because you had kids with a douchebag doesn't make you a good person, and your poor decision does tell people some of your abnormal personality traits. How rich you are? Do you have a six figures job? raising a kid today ( in a health way) is very expensive!

I am a Chinese single professional male, I make about 4K a month and I definitely wouldn't have kids without my parents financial assistance. My girlfriend is a smart, beautiful and respectable Jewish lady, she said she would never have kid before the marriage
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships