Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 06:38 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,284,428 times

Advertisements

It's all about choices and where you are in your stage of life. If I had a lot of childless women that wanted to date me, I likely wouldn't have the time to date a single mom. For now, I'm single and open to meeting women in general. Childless or with a kid. It just depends on how I'm going to meet them, and for now, it's not going to be online. If a woman with a child came along and wanted to learn more about me than awesome. In my parts, I have a definite feeling that the single mom's are a little bit picky. Being picky is not a bad thing, it just seems they are overly picky and not for the safety of their own child either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 06:42 AM

896 posts, read 1,476,550 times
1) do you think it's possible to meet a well rounded good guy being a single parent?
If you are hot, guys won't care if you gave birth to a son, a daughter, three of each, or a chimpanzee.

2) would you men rather be with a a female who wasn't nice rather than one who was good in every sense but has a child?
See answer above

3) is it worth trying to date again?
Why do you women overcomplicate this sht every single time???? Guys are about as shallow as a plastic spoon. Go to the gym. Get in great shape. And look as hot as humanly possible.

Your child in tow is completely irrelevant. Given the choice between a hot mom, and those two little porkers over there who have no kids....guys will choose the hot mom every single time.

Guys...am I wrong ??????

Old 01-30-2013, 07:57 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beijingbear View Post
Woman like you is PATHETIC and SELFISH, you never really took consideration of your kid's well being! what if you kid wants a dad?? You have brutally deprived his/her basic huamanright for being a single monther by choice!! You said you don't wish to take any money from him, becacuse you are a proud woman who can take care the kid by yourself, lol. just because you had kids with a douchebag doesn't make you a good person, and your poor decision does tell people some of your abnormal personality traits. How rich you are? Do you have a six figures job? raising a kid today ( in a health way) is very expensive!

I am a Chinese single professional male, I make about 4K a month and I definitely wouldn't have kids without my parents financial assistance. My girlfriend is a smart, beautiful and respectable Jewish lady, she said she would never have kid before the marriage
Well done to you and you gf!!

If you've nothing decent to say keep your opinion to yourself!! Thanks

Old 01-30-2013, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
It's all about choices and where you are in your stage of life. If I had a lot of childless women that wanted to date me, I likely wouldn't have the time to date a single mom. For now, I'm single and open to meeting women in general. Childless or with a kid. It just depends on how I'm going to meet them, and for now, it's not going to be online. If a woman with a child came along and wanted to learn more about me than awesome. In my parts, I have a definite feeling that the single mom's are a little bit picky. Being picky is not a bad thing, it just seems they are overly picky and not for the safety of their own child either.

I'm not overly picky when the times right I want a good man though I don't want an idiot around my child or myself.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post
1) do you think it's possible to meet a well rounded good guy being a single parent?
If you are hot, guys won't care if you gave birth to a son, a daughter, three of each, or a chimpanzee.

2) would you men rather be with a a female who wasn't nice rather than one who was good in every sense but has a child?
See answer above

Why do you women overcomplicate this sht every single time???? Guys are about as shallow as a plastic spoon. Go to the gym. Get in great shape. And look as hot as humanly possible.

Your child in tow is completely irrelevant. Given the choice between a hot mom, and those two little porkers over there who have no kids....guys will choose the hot mom every single time.

Guys...am I wrong ??????

Lol thanks for the advice......so it all comes down to looks

Old 01-30-2013, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
I'm not overly picky when the times right I want a good man though I don't want an idiot around my child or myself.
I'm not disagreeing. I'm just saying I think mom's cut some guys too soon and keep some guys around far too long. A female friend that I have thought she was going to marry a guy after knowing him 3 months. He was already coming over and playing house. I'm all for staying the night once a week or every other week, but he was coming over daily. She didn't see it as a red flag, but I saw it immediately.

Enter a guy that just wants to get to know you and take you to lunch. He'll likely get pushed to the side, because the rush of emotions just aren't there. I get that there's no rush of emotion, but why not accomodate someone who is offering a nice gesture and not wanting to sleep with you in return?

In my experience, when children are involved, the female hormonal system gets distemper!

Old 01-30-2013, 09:07 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post

See answer above

Guys...am I wrong ??????
she's talking about relationships not just hookups with the local MILF..if you think in terms of long term...I still think a single man would opt for a single woman (with no kids) unless he had some of this own. Of course there are exceptions though

Old 01-30-2013, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
I'm not disagreeing. I'm just saying I think mom's cut some guys too soon and keep some guys around far too long. A female friend that I have thought she was going to marry a guy after knowing him 3 months. He was already coming over and playing house. I'm all for staying the night once a week or every other week, but he was coming over daily. She didn't see it as a red flag, but I saw it immediately.

Enter a guy that just wants to get to know you and take you to lunch. He'll likely get pushed to the side, because the rush of emotions just aren't there. I get that there's no rush of emotion, but why not accomodate someone who is offering a nice gesture and not wanting to sleep with you in return?

In my experience, when children are involved, the female hormonal system gets distemper!
I agree.

I wouldn't push a guy away because he'd rather take me out than sleep with me, this is the kind of guy I want. I think some women can rush things I have a a friend who I'd say rushed things she met a guy had another kid then the guy left her now she's with a different guy this is exactly what I don't want.

I don't think staying over once every few weeks is bad if the kids not present however if the kids home I would only have a guy come over if my son was in bed, I'd rather do the whole lunch date but peoples lifestyles won't always allow a date during the day therefore making time at night on both parts would be essential if they wanted to continue seeing each other

You make very good points

Old 01-30-2013, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
she's talking about relationships not just hookups with the local MILF..if you think in terms of long term...I still think a single man would opt for a single woman (with no kids) unless he had some of this own. Of course there are exceptions though
Yes I am talking about relationships lol

Old 01-30-2013, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
I agree.

I wouldn't push a guy away because he'd rather take me out than sleep with me, this is the kind of guy I want. I think some women can rush things I have a a friend who I'd say rushed things she met a guy had another kid then the guy left her now she's with a different guy this is exactly what I don't want.

I don't think staying over once every few weeks is bad if the kids not present however if the kids home I would only have a guy come over if my son was in bed, I'd rather do the whole lunch date but peoples lifestyles won't always allow a date during the day therefore making time at night on both parts would be essential if they wanted to continue seeing each other

You make very good points
Not every single mom can rationalize between a good relationship and a bad one. I swear, I see more fall into bad relationships with guys. When I was online, I saw a plethora of women who were pregnant trying to get a date, or had a kid and were pregnant again with another guy. I just don't understand and these women can still get guys. They may not get a good guy, but they are still getting numbers.

I'm definitely not complaining, since I'm not going to settle for something that isn't right for me; however, it can get frustrating at times. Seeing someone who has potential to make a good friend or girlfriend continue to settle for bad guys just because they feel the rush of emotion with them. The rush of emotion clouds the ability to think clearly. My friend even said she noticed the red flags, but ignored them, because her guy was always wanting to be with her.

My latest relationship was absolutely perfect on paper, but after 4 months, I never had the desire to sleep with her and I never felt the desire to be intimate either. That was a hard one to end, because we were perfect like a business deal, but awful due to no passion. That was my first relationship in a year, so I'll look to date for another year before getting into another relationship. I tend to have long gaps of singledom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships