Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 05:11 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,456,933 times

Advertisements

it doesn't help that some people don't have a difference from "acquaintances" and "friends" making the whole "FWB" thing much more complicated for themselves.
personally i don't believe "friends" are capable of having a %100 percent just sex relationship....not "real" friends anyways. with friends an emotional attachment is already involved before the sex is even in the mix.

can you disconnect yourself from having emotions? yes sure, if you condition yourself enough you can disconnect your emotions from just about any situation....at least for awhile.
i sure as hell wouldn't want to be close (aka "friends") with someone who can switch off and on like a light switch, that's just asking for some bad situations to happen in your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 06:39 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,821 times
I wouldn't say that but, I will say women settle for FWB the vast majority of the time. The myth of women falling in love with a guy after sex is just that myth. She was ALWAYS in love with that guy, she just settled for being his bootycall at the moment.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:39 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,880,620 times
Oh I dunno, I've known some pretty cold blooded...anyway I think it's all up to the individual.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:27 AM

31,088 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
"Most" women. Not all women.
Men fit this too. I know a man who would love to have a more meaningfull relationship with an aquantence of mine. He shows up at dinner functions every so often. From what I understand she doesn't even like him spending the whole night

Last edited by LS Jaun; 02-28-2013 at 12:57 PM..

Old 02-28-2013, 12:03 PM

518 posts, read 1,004,801 times
There was a thread on here a few weeks ago from a guy who had a FWB arrangement with an older woman and he started developing stronger emotional feelings for her and he was pretty messed up about it. I think he dumped her in the end, I don't quite remember if he ended it or if she ended it.

I think a person who can engage in this type of sexual arrangement has to turn their feelings and their emotions to the "off" position and have it remain there for the duration of the arrangement. Sounds like a cold and empty way to experience something that is usually so wonderful and awesome physically and emotionally.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:12 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apotamkin_Renesmee View Post
There was a thread on here a few weeks ago from a guy who had a FWB arrangement with an older woman and he started developing stronger emotional feelings for her and he was pretty messed up about it. I think he dumped her in the end, I don't quite remember if he ended it or if she ended it.
There have been a number of guys posting here over the last 6 months or so, saying they were in a FWB, and fell for the woman, and were hurt and confused when she didn't reciprocate their feelings. The idea that only women get hurt in a FWB situation is nonsense. Just a stereotype the OP is peddling.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:30 AM

855 posts, read 1,385,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
There have been a number of guys posting here over the last 6 months or so, saying they were in a FWB, and fell for the woman, and were hurt and confused when she didn't reciprocate their feelings. The idea that only women get hurt in a FWB situation is nonsense. Just a stereotype the OP is peddling.
Exactly the reason why I'm extremely, positively, absolutely 100% guarded when it comes to my emotions, women and dating. Whether it's a serious exclusive relationship or a FWB situation, if you've been hurt before you tend to protect your feelings with each new relationship. I firmly believe in laying out all the rules of the relationship before the clothes come off.

You are right. It's not just women who get hurt in relationships. Men do too.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:55 AM

3,763 posts, read 6,713,543 times
I have NEVER hooked up with a girl that didn't get emotional afterwards....its not possible.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:29 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Well, it makes sense. Most women probably can't hold a FB relationship for too long because they are more emotional than most men are.

They do exist, but I think many of those women are older.
Not necessarily.
I've had FBs since college, 40 years (I can't believe it).
One comes and goes whether or not he's married or in a relationship; a few others have been around for decades.
I think it's more common than one might think.

I also move around a lot; different countries/continents, states if in the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apotamkin_Renesmee View Post
I think a person who can engage in this type of sexual arrangement has to turn their feelings and their emotions to the "off" position and have it remain there for the duration of the arrangement. Sounds like a cold and empty way to experience something that is usually so wonderful and awesome physically and emotionally.
Absolutely not.
I truly enjoy the men I share my body with.
They truly enjoy me and my company, too.
I just don't want a long term or committed relationship.
Luckily, neither do they.

Last edited by chielgirl; 03-07-2013 at 11:43 AM..

Old 03-07-2013, 11:33 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nald View Post
I think it's rather that many MEN are more emotional when they start having sex and I'm talking from my observations. They can't and don't want to stop relationships based on sex with a woman, they are emotionally and physically attached after sex.
I can elaborate my personal observations on this forum and I think that many women are familiar with this and they use it to gain attention of a man whom they find interested (and it's so cheap indeed).
My general conclusion is that women will rather enter sex with you if they find you "suitable" already, sex is the way for you to "click" with her, not her with you. If she "developed feelings after such relationship", I'd argue that she probably had such feelings BEFORE sex, while for men it's rather otherwise, they develop such feelings that they didn't have AFTER having sex. This is ofcourse just my generalized observation but I have strong reasons why I think it's true since I've noticed it in my relationships as well, and relationships of people around me. Those could be exceptions of the general rule but I'm convinced that it's rather the general rule and opposite way is much less common.
So, my opinion is that this "sex without emotions for men" and "women developing emotions after sex" is rather an urban myth for many men and women.
Interesting.
I'll have to ponder this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships