Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 09:34 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2RLK45 View Post
To this day if something doesn't smell or taste right with food, I won't eat it. Spoiled meat or uncooked meat has a gamey taste to it. Remember the last time? lol

I got a chicken sandwich at White Castle about a year ago, one bite into it......this isn't cooked.

I sent it back and got another. The manager raked the kid cooking over the coals for it. You're gonna get someone sick or killed Jr.
Oh I understand. I won't ever go back to a KFC. I had a coleslaw with a meal that was bad. I had diarrhea hard core for 3 days. I finially called the doctor. She told me not to ever let it go this long and get to the ER, you had food poison. I was dehydrated and had to drink Gatorade like crazy.

The pain was simliar to giving birth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2013, 09:40 PM

2,707 posts, read 2,838,435 times
Back when there were gas lines, and gas was gold, I had a date, but forgot to get gas, and most all the stations were closed, being as it was a Friday. I ended up siphoning gas from her car into my truck. Didn't do much face to face talking till I could eat something and stop my breath from smelling like a gas pump nozzle. I think one more date after that, then she said bye.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:41 PM

361 posts, read 748,592 times
Was on a double date with my best friend, and the two girls were somewhat "stuffy", debutante types from a local college.

Their sole purpose was not to earn a degree, but to snag a West Pointer and all that entails.

Anyway, we had no more than sat down at the restaurant when my friend, who had the table manners of a billy goat, let loose with a noise loud enough to be heard on the other side of the room. Cattlemen and Stock Yard owners would have been proud.

The two girls and I were speechless, and in that awkward five seconds of silence which always seems like an hour, he quickly turned to his date (and said very loudly) "That's Okay, look at me, they will think I did it."

The entire room came unglued with laughter, so humiliating the girls that they got up and stormed out. I am sure she is mortified to this day.

Wonder whatever happened to her?

Old 03-23-2013, 09:48 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,237,878 times
I drove a few hundred miles to Salt Lake to meet up with an old girl "friend" for a date of sorts. She was there for a big convention but said she wouldn't be spending much time at said convention. I got there and found not a single hotel/motel room available due to the convention in town. I finally found a hostel with an empty bed in a room of 7 other guys. I like my privacy and don't like to listen to snoring. I probably got an hour of sleep.

Next day I meet up with my friend, have breakfast, do a little sightseeing and end up at a planetarium. Comfortable chairs. I can't stay awake. The next thing I know the lights come on and the show is over. My date informs me that I'd been snoring like a motorcycle. I asked, "Why didn't you wake me?"

"I didn't want anyone to know I was with you!"

Old 03-23-2013, 09:57 PM

538 posts, read 1,012,707 times
I was living with 2 good friends at the time during college. I had went out with this girl a couple times. We were on our second date and we came back to my apartment to watch a movie and she laid her head on my chest while we watched it so everything was going great. Her hair smelled so good.

After the movie I take her home, give her a hug and she walked in the house. I didn't feel comfortable kissing her yet. Well I get back to the apartment and my friends are giving me **** because I didn't kiss her. So they finally talk me into going back to her place and laying it on her.

I get there, she opens the door and I go in for the kiss and she plants her hand on my chest and stops me. First time this had ever happened to me and I was so embarrassed I didn't contact her ever again. Why oh why did I listen to my stupid ass friends that night I will never know.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:58 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,237,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCSDays View Post
... we had no more than sat down at the restaurant when my friend, who had the table manners of a billy goat, let loose with a noise loud enough to be heard on the other side of the room....
Oh gawd! I can soooo relate. It wasn't a date, but in a high school study hall I'd asked for and received permission to visit my best friend. As we're chatting he started laughing but trying to hold it back. That resulted in it coming out the other end. Yes, it echoed throughout the study hall (auditorium). Of course we both burst out in laughter as did everyone else in study hall. The teacher looked up and told me to take my seat. "Best friend" is pointing at me laughing! Of course I'm pointing back at him, but I'm sure at least half of the 100 or so in the room thought the B-R-R-R-R-A-A-A-A-A-T-T-T-T-T-T-T came from me!

Old 03-23-2013, 11:14 PM

30 posts, read 49,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2RLK45 View Post
To this day if something doesn't smell or taste right with food, I won't eat it. Spoiled meat or uncooked meat has a gamey taste to it. Remember the last time? lol

I got a chicken sandwich at White Castle about a year ago, one bite into it......this isn't cooked.

I sent it back and got another. The manager raked the kid cooking over the coals for it. You're gonna get someone sick or killed Jr.
...or at least ruin their chance for romance that night.

My most embarrassing date moment happened with a handsome gentleman after a lovely meal. I was all dolled up with a dress and sexy high heels, and had kept my legs properly crossed the whole time. Unfortunately, I didn't pay enough attention to switching legs - and when I went to stand up to leave the table, I took one step and promptly fell down. I got up and tried to limp away on my completely numb leg, but had to return back to the table and sit until it woke up. (I really wanted to hide UNDER the table at that point.)

And before you ask...no alcohol.

Old 03-23-2013, 11:32 PM

968 posts, read 1,138,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegOrMargaret View Post

My most embarrassing date moment happened with a handsome gentleman after a lovely meal. I was all dolled up with a dress and sexy high heels, and had kept my legs properly crossed the whole time. Unfortunately, I didn't pay enough attention to switching legs - and when I went to stand up to leave the table, I took one step and promptly fell down. I got up and tried to limp away on my completely numb leg, but had to return back to the table and sit until it woke up. (I really wanted to hide UNDER the table at that point.)

I get that in my legs at work all the time, so I know what you mean. You can't even walk or stand. It's about as bad as a thumb cramp. You overused your hand with tin-snips....your thumb slams down against your palm. Try to pull it away....nasty cramp in your forearm. It just slams right back anyway. You have to wait for it to go away on it's own.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:42 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,515,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Gosh, I hope you made it to the ladies' room on time.

"ATTENTION WAL-MART ASSOCIATES, CLEAN UP ON ISLE 4, PLEASE! CLEAN UP ON ISLE 4!"
Ha ha ha ha good one iknowftbll, yeah I did but I bet all the other customers around me had never seen a person walk so funny in their lives. I think I even just abandoned my cart right there in the middle of the aisle.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:44 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,515,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegOrMargaret View Post

Oh I hate when that happens, luckily for me it's never been in front of a handsome date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships