Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 11:42 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,067,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
I would use any means necessary to not have a child. There would be no "just happened".

I am not worried about a break up. I want to move on if he decides it is something he wants, but I would prefer to stay with him since I have been with him for almost 4 years. I also want to move in with him, but I don't want to do so until he is certain.
Hey, I'm with you (somewhat, I'm open minded if I met the right guy, but pretty much not wanting to be a biological mom.) on the there will be no "just happened".
Maybe you should look at other aspects of your relationship and put the kid decision on the back burner temporarily. He's not committing to an answer just yet and maybe that's ok. 30 is young for a male on this issue. What do you want in a partner? What do you like about him? Do you have other concerns about him besides this issue? What are YOUR ideas on how quickly thing should move forward? (4 years and not living together yet? I believe you said you don't want marriage so what level of commitment do you want?) Do you want someone to "grow old" with and are you , in your opinion , at an age where you think it is wise to start planning who that might be? Are you thinking he might be that person? And getting back to the kid issue, if you temporarily back burner it, when do YOU need an answer regarding his decision to comfortably continue on with this man? Hopefully these questions help you sort out what YOU need to do for yourself. What is best for you? Take care and I wish you the best
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 12:29 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:
All I want is to know if there is a possibility. I can make a decision based on that. He wont even give me that.
But he has given you that. By saying he doesn't know, there IS the possibility. That is saying he may, or; may not, want children. He doesn't know now, he thinks he will know in the next couple years.

Not sure why you keep saying he won't give you a straight answer. He has.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-27-2013, 12:32 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,303,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
But he has given you that. By saying he doesn't know, there IS the possibility. That is saying he may, or; may not, want children. He doesn't know now, he thinks he will know in the next couple years.

Not sure why you keep saying he won't give you a straight answer. He has.
Because (like I said) he flip flops. One week he's adamant he doesn't want those things the next "he doesn't know". Sometimes he defiantly doesn't want kids but wants marriage. Sometimes its the other way around. Sometimes it's neither. Since about the summer of last year.

Depends on the week I catch him on.

Sometimes he has amnesia and thinks I'm crazy-that he never said it was even a possibility.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:52 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,818,345 times
Findly... it's a deal breaker for you. He can't/won't give you a definitive answer. Take that as a possible yes. Therefore, you DO NOT mingle your finances, purchase a house, move in with him. Tell him that you will not be doing any of that. Then you decide how much longer you want to remain in a relationship that you don't know where it is headed.

If I were in your place, I'd be saying buh-bye. None of this crap of "letting you go." That's just an excuse not to take responsibility for your share in the relationship.

Old 03-27-2013, 06:09 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,735,967 times
Quote:
Neither of these scenarios are the case.

actually it is the case and how do I know? because it's been played out time and again.....

Old 03-27-2013, 06:18 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,167,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I always dated women who were able to have kids, and were maybe looking to have kids in the future.

I always avoided women who couldn't have kids.
It's different in my case. I can have kids but refused to (will be turning 26 next month). Luckily there are more men that don't want kids.

What is harder is finding one that wants a childfree marriage. Either the man doesn't want either of them or wants both.

OP if you want a clear answer and he is stringing you along with the ''maybe I want kids, I'm not sure'', don't waste any more time with him. Find what you're looking for.

Last edited by Laychick; 03-27-2013 at 06:33 PM..

Old 03-27-2013, 07:17 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,658,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nald View Post
He's turning 30 y/o. He "doesn't know" if he wants to have children or not. You can't (or don't want) to bear his children. My opinion is that he generally doesn't want to have children with you, but he's either still thinking about it or probably wishes to have them one day, and that probably won't be you.
Honestly, that's my thought too.

Old 03-27-2013, 07:58 PM

11,798 posts, read 12,038,339 times
I think by 30 you would know if you want marriage and kids, or not. It's not like you're too young to think about those things.

As others have said, his flip-flopping is a very good indication that he does want all that but can't admit it out loud for fear of losing you. He's not doing you any favors by not being honest, and I hope he's not holding out hoping you'll change your mind. 4 years is a long time to invest in something that's not headed in the direction you want it to go. I wish you good luck with these tough decisions.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:09 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Just a thought if men want kids. They should look at this study conducted in 2010.

Male Fertility, Age and Strong Swimmers

In the study, they found that, overall, semen quantity peaked between the ages of 30 and 35, while overall semen quantity was found to be lowest after age 55.They also found that sperm motility – in other words, how well the sperm swim – was best before age 25 and lowest after age 55. In fact, when comparing the number of “good swimming” sperm in men between the ages 30 to 35 with men over age 55, sperm motility decreased by 54%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships