Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 06:00 PM

1,479 posts, read 2,720,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilWhit View Post
Majority of men will never say looks is a dealbreaker, women will.
Majority of men will never say education is a dealbreaker, women will.

We men, only thing that matters is love,
Absolute nonsense from a man that clearly needs to just breakdown and find the nearest dive bar, find the drunkest woman in said dive bar, take her home and nail her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 06:55 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,639,646 times
I doubt OLD has made gals more shallow considering in the past gals weren't able to exercise their shallowness so likely gals are still similarly shallow as in the past.

Gals having lot more options because more guys are on the sites doesn't mean those options are worthwhile there's a saying of quality over quantity.

I'm unsure how a guy under 5'9'' is an average guy when going by statistics they're below average in height as the average height is 5'9''/5'10''.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:09 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilWhit View Post
Wrong, men are not even half as shallow as women.

Majority of men will never say height is a dealbreaker, women will.
Majority of men will never say money/job is a dealbreaker, women will.
Majority of men will never say looks is a dealbreaker, women will.
Majority of men will never say education is a dealbreaker, women will.

We men, only thing that matters is love, women on the other hand read above. In all my life i've never meet a man that has requirement of the woman except love.
No. Not true. At all.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:12 PM

44 posts, read 169,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Online dating has made everyone more shallow. Yes I am shallow, but I refuse to settle. By that I don't mean he has to be tall and handsome but can't be older than my dad, or have kids (especially with different women, yuck)or several other things. I am attractive, educated and all of that but it still didn't help me with dating sites. Men rejected me for being too old, or not thin enough (I'm not chubby even but some wanted very thin)or too tall.
Well maybe you're not as thin as you think you are.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:43 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,794,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Im not one of these people who ever bought that women werent as visual or into looks as men so i dont think women all of a sudden started caring about looks with old starting BUT it seems as if its reached a new level thats surpassed even men with old..

Women even average ones have many more options because theyres a lot more men on these sites then women..

If you're a guy under say 5'9 on these sites you might as well be a leper lol..OLD is not very good for us average guys..ive been called pretty harsh names on these sites by women who to be nice arent exactly lookers themselves..

It seems as if old has hirt average mens chances while inflating the ego of average women because of the amount of messages they get and alot of times from men out of their league..
I'm not exactly sure what you're saying here, but I've done a lot of reading lately on this topic and here's my conclusion: Women who are pretty in high school have all the power. Thats when they realize they have power. This continues up until about 30. They're probably at their peak attractiveness in their mid-20's. So because they can have whoever they want, they want perfection, which doesn't exist. So they'll date guys and find a reason to dump them for another guy who they THINK is better, only to find different things wrong with him. Next thing you know, they're 35 and still have the same high standards or even higher. No guy is good enough. If they want to get married, time is running out to have kids, so they may choose the wrong guy just to get married. Then they end up divorced by 40 with 1-2 kids and nobody wants them. This is what I see in Oklahoma. But the difference here is they get married at 23 because "thats what you do" here and end up divorced with a couple of kids by 30.

To your point on height, you're right, women demand a guy 6'0" or taller. Guess what? Thats maybe 10% of the men in the U.S.! I'm 6'0", but still have trouble. Again, this is because of the never ending checklist. I think single women should read the book "Marry Him" and reevaluate what's important. Is it constant excitement and charisma or a guy who is loyal and stable, yet still fun? They want exciting and charismatic and everything else, but you can't have it all.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:06 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
^^^^^I had to date again at 42..... and, well, your theory is just plain wrong.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-03-2013, 09:06 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,639,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
I'm not exactly sure what you're saying here, but I've done a lot of reading lately on this topic and here's my conclusion: Women who are pretty in high school have all the power. Thats when they realize they have power. This continues up until about 30. They're probably at their peak attractiveness in their mid-20's. So because they can have whoever they want, they want perfection, which doesn't exist. So they'll date guys and find a reason to dump them for another guy who they THINK is better, only to find different things wrong with him. Next thing you know, they're 35 and still have the same high standards or even higher. No guy is good enough. If they want to get married, time is running out to have kids, so they may choose the wrong guy just to get married. Then they end up divorced by 40 with 1-2 kids and nobody wants them. This is what I see in Oklahoma. But the difference here is they get married at 23 because "thats what you do" here and end up divorced with a couple of kids by 30.

To your point on height, you're right, women demand a guy 6'0" or taller. Guess what? Thats maybe 10% of the men in the U.S.! I'm 6'0", but still have trouble. Again, this is because of the never ending checklist. I think single women should read the book "Marry Him" and reevaluate what's important. Is it constant excitement and charisma or a guy who is loyal and stable, yet still fun? They want exciting and charismatic and everything else, but you can't have it all.
How do pretty gals in high school have all the power? If those gals want a long-term committed monogamous relationship with a partner they find attractive, appealing, and interesting likely they have no more power than others. It's doubtful most guys in high school are interested in a long-term committed monogamous relationship especially if the guy is attractive.

It's really doubtful that attractive gals can have whoever they want outside of having sex with them considering it seems the disdain guys generally have for relationships.

In my observations most gals are have little options for boyfriends and from those options few are desirable while they have plenty of options for sex. So I'm unsure where this supposed power comes from.

As well as most old gals I know don't have high standards especially in comparison to the guys their age who generally want a more attractive partner who is younger than him. Their singlehood is usually a result of what I call the merry-go-round where in high school she dated but didn't settle down as guys wanted to have fun, in college she dated but didn't settle down as guys wanted to explore, and when she's middle-age she's dating less as she's not much desired for dates as guys want to settle down but they insist on or prefer gals younger than her and consider her a last resort.

Old 04-04-2013, 05:02 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,794,522 times
Well, this theory was in a book I read and it made sense to me. I didn't distinguish between sex and relationships, but lets assume relationship. I'm a rare guy in that I've always been relationship minded and not just after sex. The point is, pretty girls in high school have a lot more choices than guys do, and that continues up until about 30. Then the tables start to turn and the guys become more desirable after 30. Unfortunately, I was with the wrong woman in my 30's and married her, only to get divorced at 40, and its been hell for me trying to date ever since.

Old 04-04-2013, 05:49 AM

365 posts, read 644,975 times
I think women have always been into looks. James Dean, Marlon Brandon, Tom Selleck, etc. Women didn't like these guys because they helped around the house. We live in a **** shamming society which rules are slowly breaking down. So women are being more honest about what they want.

So yes. Women are just as shallow as men.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:34 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,921,465 times
IMHO, most women have a minimum standard of what is expected from "their man". That means that they will likely hold off until they find MR. Right. It also means that they may well find out that he is or has become MR. Wrong, and that means they will be on the look out for a new one, or she will be trying to improve, and upgrade him till he meets her expectations. Yes its, pretty cold, but its a myth that women are any more feeling or caring than the average man. If anything, they might even be colder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships