Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2014, 04:34 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,912,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It's a funny thing, but that publishing offer you got earlier has suddenly been rescinded. Budget issues, allegedly.
really? similar things have worked for me in the past. for instance with my last girlfriend. i picked her up at the airport to bring her to the lodge where we were going to be working. since it was about 2am, i asked if she was hungry and she was so i took her to mcdonalds(the only place open at the time) and bought her some food. while we were waiting for the food, i asked her how she thought our first date was going, it got a laugh.

when we got back to the park, the GM had given me keys to a couple of cabins that were supposed to be empty, but were not. and since i didnt have keys to the office, and i didnt know where the GM was staying, i offered the second bed in my room, and i would sleep in the van. she said that wasnt fair to me. eventually she took the second bed in my room.

later that day i told her that i could brag that i picker up at the airport, we had our first date right then, and then we slept together afterwards. i dated her the rest of the season.

if i can make someone laugh, especially at an unfortunate situation, then i can relieve some tension. and that generally works in my favor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2014, 04:38 PM

102,258 posts, read 108,238,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
really? similar things have worked for me in the past. for instance with my last girlfriend. i picked her up at the airport to bring her to the lodge where we were going to be working. since it was about 2am, i asked if she was hungry and she was so i took her to mcdonalds(the only place open at the time) and bought her some food. while we were waiting for the food, i asked her how she thought our first date was going, it got a laugh.
But she was your gf, not a stranger, who you made a joke to about having sex.

But yes, I agree in general; make them laugh, and you'll have them eating out of your hand.

Old 08-08-2014, 05:34 PM

Quote:
But she was your gf, not a stranger, who you made a joke to about having sex.

But yes, I agree in general; make them laugh, and you'll have them eating out of your hand.
no, when i made the joke she WAS a stranger, NOT my girlfriend. it was only later on that she became my girlfriend. in fact once things had settled down for a day, she came looking for me to take her out.

it all in the delivery. if it is done right, you can get away with a lot, get a laugh, and put people at ease, one of my trademarks.

Old 08-08-2014, 05:40 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,396,917 times
In Panama (Central America) where I live, in a bar or disco, if the girl stares at you and smiles a lot is often a hooker. Most "normal" women here are kinda "shy" even if they dress all nice and stuff.

Old 08-09-2014, 01:15 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,270,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker2014 View Post
You can ask a woman out but without expectations...see what happens.
why are men expected to be as hard as rocks, as steel? geeze god damn it, we're expected to be a pillar of strength, yes I hate that role

Old 08-09-2014, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
why are men expected to be as hard as rocks, as steel? geeze god damn it, we're expected to be a pillar of strength, yes I hate that role
Who said anything about a pillar of strength? He's saying to take it casually, relax, and not have expectations when you ask someone out. If you don't take it seriously, you don't have anything on the line, so you don't need strength. Does it take any strength to toss a fishing line into the lake, to see if anything bites? Do you feel rejected and dejected if you don't get any fish? No, you move to a different fishing hole, or you go home and do something else. You don't let it wreck your day or your week.

Old 08-09-2014, 01:33 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,636,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitlyn9 View Post
I'm always noticed men staring, but never approach is it because I look away and act aloof? I also noticed married men looking, but why do they want me look at them and smile and they think they still have it going on. One time this guy was looking at me and I looked up at him and then he turned away quickly like he was embarrassed because he was looking. Do some men don't like getting caught staring?
I was wondering something Where does stuff like this happen to.you mostly?

Old 08-09-2014, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
I was wondering something Where does stuff like this happen to.you mostly?
This can happen anywhere, and everywhere. At the gym, in stores, in restaurants, anywhere in public. If you look at the guy, or go up to talk to him, he's mortified, and can't talk coherently, or tries to run away from embarrassment. The OP isn't a unique case.

Old 08-09-2014, 01:44 PM

Quote:
This can happen anywhere, and everywhere. At the gym, in stores, in restaurants, anywhere in public. If you look at the guy, or go up to talk to him, he's mortified, and can't talk coherently, or tries to run away from embarrassment. The OP isn't a unique case.
and usually its because he is afraid of rejection, or being insulted in front of everybody and not being able to respond.

Old 08-09-2014, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
and usually its because he is afraid of rejection, or being insulted in front of everybody and not being able to respond.
Why would he be afraid of being insulted, if the woman approaches him? Obviously, if she's approaching, she's interested. Mutual interest has been established, wordlessly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships