Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2013, 05:52 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,671,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDavid View Post
His other kids were still very young at the time and he probably didn't want to ruin his marriage. I'm not saying he had the best attitude but I can't blame him as well.
You know what an even better way to not ruin a marriage is?

Not sleeping with random chicks, having affairs and getting other women pregnant while married.

I know. Crazy concept.

Does his wife know? If I was married and found out my husband had a child with another woman while we were married I wouldn't even have time to pack I'd be out of there so fast.

Old 04-13-2013, 05:57 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,415,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

Not sleeping with random chicks, having affairs and getting other women pregnant while married.

I know. Crazy concept.

Does his wife know? If I was married and found out my husband had a child with another woman while we were married I wouldn't even have time to pack I'd be out of there so fast.
Actually, if I knew he'd had a child with another woman and had not involved himself in that child's life, I'd DEFINITELY be gone. I'd have no respect for him whatsoever. If he came to me and told me he'd gotten another woman pregnant, depending on the circumstances I might actually stay to listen to his explanation.

Old 04-13-2013, 05:59 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,671,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Actually, if I knew he'd had a child with another woman and had not involved himself in that child's life, I'd DEFINITELY be gone. I'd have no respect for him whatsoever. If he came to me and told me he'd gotten another woman pregnant, depending on the circumstances I might actually stay to listen to his explanation.
I just don't know what kind of explanation would be acceptable...

I was walking along and oops! Fell into her vagina and got her pregnant!

I was being held at gunpoint and she said 'If you don't fill me with your seed I'll shoot you!'

I mean, at some point 'I was drunk' isn't an acceptable excuse.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:04 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,910,283 times
HDavid's brother is a scum to the extreme and I hope his wife takes him to the cleaners.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:09 PM

106 posts, read 171,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

I know. Crazy concept.

Well I don't condone nor condemn his actions. He admitted his marriage ended after their last son was born.

Regardless of what happened, my SIL found out an affair he had been having lately, they decided to divorce and he ended up telling her about the kid. She called him a number of names, as you can imagine. Actually, when I said I was the only one in the family who knew about the boy, I forgot she knows it as well now.

To be honest, my nephews might already know it too if told them. Better call my brother tomorrow, there must be a hurricane going happening in that house.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:14 PM

106 posts, read 171,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
HDavid's brother is a scum to the extreme and I hope his wife takes him to the cleaners.
That scum to the extreme keeps sending money to that teenage boy and will probably pay his way through university. Go tell my nephews he's scum to the extreme.

There isn't much for his wife to take to the cleaners. The house belongs to him solely and was already his before marriage, the three cars are his and she has only worked part-time in her life. They had a prenuptial agreement. So I wouldn't make a spectacle if I was her.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:21 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,228,373 times
Quote:
He's not a jerk. People can make all kind of mistakes. To contact the kid he would have to contact his mother first and she might not give him his son's contact out revenge. He doesn't know where they live.
The issue is how we deal with mistakes, not that they are made. Everyone makes mistakes. Your brother, OTOH, is a loser man-child. That you then insert your own weirdness of what this woman you don't know may or may not do, even tho you know she has never contacted him when she could have, speaks to some serious dysfunction in your family line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
And HDavid's position in this thread has been to wag a finger at women. Loonies.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:21 PM

Quote:
That scum to the extreme keeps sending money to that teenage boy and will probably pay his way through university. Go tell my nephews he's scum to the extreme.

There isn't much for his wife to take to the cleaners. The house belongs to him solely and was already his before marriage, the three cars are his and she has only worked part-time in her life. They had a prenuptial agreement. So I wouldn't make a spectacle if I was her.
Talk about blaming the wife, no she is the victim as is the kid. The fact he has no relationship with the kid means he is scum and no amount of money means anything.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
And HDavid's position in this thread has been to wag a finger at women. Loonies.
Sadly many men blame the women, never the men. I blame both but when a man leaves the woman is left to deal with the child. I have seen this so often and it is very sad. I would never consider a man like this and would be repulsed by a man like this even talking to me (and when they have I ignore them).

Old 04-13-2013, 06:25 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,228,373 times
Quote:

That's really funny. After 30 years of marriage? How are people so clueless I don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships