Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 11:53 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,273,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Of course you were terrified. I can't imagine how difficult it was for you. I'm older now, pregnant, and in a great marriage and I find it challenging with a huge support system. Just getting through a pregnancy alone must be so difficult. These yahoos really have no business casting their ignorant judgements at you or any other single parent that does the best they can do.
I had my family who are amazing I'm so close with them. We went baby shopping and got everything ready together my sister and mum came to hospital with me and my sister was going to cut the cord but I had to get a emergency c-section so my mum was the only one allowed in. It would have been nice to have the support of another soon to be parent who understood what I was going through but I'm just glad I had a loving family.

My son will be 3 this year and I haven't dated nor do I go out and part or leave him. I am a responsible mummy because I love him and want the best for him. Most of my friends alienated me because even though they have kids they go party every single weekend and think I'm boring now when in actual fact I'm responsible not boring. I wouldn't change my son or my circumstances everything happens for a reason and my son and I are so close and have such a strong bond I know if I dated now he would be ok with it.

Old 04-13-2013, 11:53 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,340,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
A coward.
Is every man that breaks up with his GF a coward?

Old 04-13-2013, 11:54 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,273,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Baldrick's the man (a real man at that!)
I don't doubt it

Old 04-13-2013, 11:55 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,243,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
In your own case? Your a single parent or a from a single parent household?
I am the son of a mother who was initially a single parent, but then married an abusive step-father and ignored any of my feelings and ignored me in general. She doesn't remember who my biological father is, unfortunately.

Women like that are not fit for children.

Old 04-13-2013, 11:55 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,366,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
Yes, let's say he is willing to be a father to the child, just not wanting to stay with the mother. He is willing to do whatever the mother wants besides stay with her, be in the child's life, pay child support etc. Or, if she chooses, stay out of the child's life and pay nothing. Let's say he leaves it up to the mother. Only thing is he will not continue to be in a relationship with the mother.
That's a little better.

Old 04-13-2013, 11:56 AM

106 posts, read 171,809 times
My brother has a 17 year old son he has never met because he resulted from an affair he was having. She got pregnant and he has been paying child support all these years but wanted nothing to do with the child for obvious reasons. Not everything is as straightforward as you think.

Old 04-13-2013, 11:58 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,845,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
I am the son of a mother who was initially a single parent, but then married an abusive step-father and ignored any of my feelings and ignored me in general. She doesn't remember who my biological father is, unfortunately.

Women like that are not fit for children.
Well, that does explain a lot about your attitudes on this subject.

Sorry for how your mom let you down and how you suffered for it

9,659 posts, read 10,243,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
So, it's really about you. Figures, but the only people that you shouldn't be respecting are your parents. No need to hold strangers accountable for the activities of your parents via disrespect of others.
Well I just tend to generalize people on the internet unless I know a bit about them.

19,046 posts, read 25,225,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
I had my family who are amazing I'm so close with them. We went baby shopping and got everything ready together my sister and mum came to hospital with me and my sister was going to cut the cord but I had to get a emergency c-section so my mum was the only one allowed in. It would have been nice to have the support of another soon to be parent who understood what I was going through but I'm just glad I had a loving family.

My son will be 3 this year and I haven't dated nor do I go out and part or leave him. I am a responsible mummy because I love him and want the best for him. Most of my friends alienated me because even though they have kids they go party every single weekend and think I'm boring now when in actual fact I'm responsible not boring. I wouldn't change my son or my circumstances everything happens for a reason and my son and I are so close and have such a strong bond I know if I dated now he would be ok with it.
Good for you. You sound like a bright and caring young woman and mom. I hope you kick ass in nursing school (IIRC you're doing that). It's a great field to get into and there seems to be good flexibility with scheduling.

Old 04-13-2013, 11:59 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,845,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDavid View Post
My brother has a 17 year old son he has never met because he resulted from an affair he was having. She got pregnant and he has been paying child support all these years but wanted nothing to do with the child for obvious reasons. Not everything is as straightforward as you think.

Just got to say (someone does) the reasons aren't "obvious" to me

I could never let a child of mine roam this earth without making efforts to get to meet and know them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships