Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 07:57 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
I know but it's assumed that hot is a rare sight, while pretty women are closer to average.
Hmm. I see that as far as being physically fit. And healthy. But an acoholic can appear to be hot and overtime look absolutely disgusting and unhealthy.

Or a smoker can run on the tread mill and nearly pass out.
While my fat arse is fine, just sweaty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2013, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
I typically attract the ladies that I want to.
Good for you filihok.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:06 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,352,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I'm sure filihok attracts pretty ladies. Don't be so egotistical.
Also, beauty is partially subjective. (so we don't go into this issue with symmetry, then again, not everyone is going to be attracted to symmetry either.)

Old 04-16-2013, 08:09 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,352,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llewelyn View Post
yep Chemical indeed

How can I be interesting? Tell funny stories? Was never good at captivating an audience and everyone's favorite person of a group is the funny story teller.
You could try asking about them.

Don't try so hard to entertain them. Just ask them about what they do. Show some interest in them. Get them to talk about themselves.

In some cases, telling funny stories will backfire and actually turn people off. (I've been there)

Don't be down on yourself either.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:14 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,393,356 times
Quote:
Primarily looks, though they can be compensated for by money and status.
IOW, a bitter post from a man who has none of these things and uses this as an excuse for his loneliness.

News for you: 99% of men don't have any "status." There aren't many Roger Federer's or Prince Williams in this world. 90% of men aren't rich either and not that many have great looks.

So that leaves at least 80% of men who have NONE of the supposed (and erroneous) atttributes you claim the entire female gender wants. Yet I see a helluva lot of average looking dudes with little money and zero status having a lot of success with hot women.

So much for your puerile "theory."

Old 04-16-2013, 08:15 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,312,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Good for you filihok.
It is.

Works out well for them on occasion as well.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Also, beauty is partially subjective. (so we don't go into this issue with symmetry, then again, not everyone is going to be attracted to symmetry either.)
No abstract can be beautiful.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:45 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llewelyn View Post
What would you attribute my failures to?
Burglar's right, OP. And how would we know what to attribute your failures to? You haven't told us about yourself. Maybe you should start another thread, lay your cards on the table, and ask why you're failing. Then we might be able to help.

Old 04-17-2013, 04:39 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,821 times
You can get girls without that(obviously) but those things make it so much easier and the less work you have to put in.

There are countless male celebrities who are absolute lames in real life and before they got famous who get their pick of women now because of where they're at now in life.

Old 04-17-2013, 05:24 AM

50,828 posts, read 36,527,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
You can get girls without that(obviously) but those things make it so much easier and the less work you have to put in.

There are countless male celebrities who are absolute lames in real life and before they got famous who get their pick of women now because of where they're at now in life.
Right, but they are not getting average women, they are getting supermodel type women. So yes, if your dating goal is to land a supermodel, you're probably screwed if you're not in that league, but if you are average and asking out average women, you shouldn't have a problem. The fact that most of the population is average and most people still manage to get partners disputes your theory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships