Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2013, 05:55 PM

50,828 posts, read 36,538,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
How is my theory disputed? I said those things aren't necessary to pull women but if you have those things the less work you have to put in and game you have to have. As evidence by the countless male celebrities who are just as lame as many men who say they can't get women on the Internet. Do you think Derek Jeter approaches girls like a normal guy? No they come to him and he takes his pick.

And the average man asking out the average girl many times works in theory, but not all the time for different reasons
I have a different opinion. First, while I think lots of women throw themselves at Tom Brady, for example, in the end he, like most people, want "The One", not some groupie. So who did he choose? A woman who also won the gene pool lottery and is also the top 1% just like he is, Giselle. Do you really think he had no competition for her?? Do you think he snapped his fingers and she came running, or do you think he courted her and, as you put it, "put work in" to winning her over?

Also I think Derek Jeter and Tom Brady pulled just as many girls in even as teenagers as they do now, because they are masculine, confident, and natural leaders who had drive, discipline and goals, all qualities which are very attractive to all women.

You say those guys are lame, but if you put half the energy, time, work and commitment into something you're passionate about that they did to make it to where they are, you'd have no problems with women, either.

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 04-17-2013 at 06:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2013, 06:09 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llewelyn View Post
Interesting theory you have... Wrong, but interesting....
You're really just proving my point. But keep on thinking that it's not your fault - it's theirs. See where that gets you.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:13 PM

924 posts, read 1,645,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
You're really just proving my point. But keep on thinking that it's not your fault - it's theirs. See where that gets you.
Nowhere did I place fault on anyone, I was making an observation on how attraction has shifted since 100+ years ago

Old 04-17-2013, 06:15 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,417,800 times
Quote:
Primarily looks, though they can be compensated for by money and status.
I hate to break it to you man. Reality check: if you're going to live life based on this assumption, not only will you be attracting a bunch of sleezeballs, you'll also be living a life full of unhappiness and regrets.

And, please don't even think about bringing another life onto this planet hoping a shallow existence is the best way to go. Seriously

Old 04-17-2013, 06:17 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
Quote:
Nowhere did I place fault on anyone, I was making an observation on how attraction has shifted since 100+ years ago
Your hypothesis is simply not true. Looks, money, status are not all that matter. Your observation is incorrect. And I've never seen someone who is successful in relationships make such a ridiculous statement.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:26 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
That your logic was faulty or that your evidence doesn't support your conclusion.
Why are you picking on JetJockey?

In all her time posting here she's pretty much proven to be a very decent person.

You frequently make some fine posts filihok, but then there are the ones like this

Old 04-17-2013, 06:30 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
My logic is my own. I think it's ridiculous for a woman to turn a perfectly good man down because he isn't tall enough. A decent woman wouldn't do that regardless of if you think *I'm* decent or not. I just think it's a ridiculous dealbreaker.
It would be ridiculous.

The "women" who do it are usually just late teen girls without the good sense to understand what makes a good man anyway.

When a young woman has been shallow enough to turn a guy down based solely on his height she has done him a huge favor - she has shown him her true colors.

He can then save himself a lot of time and grief by never getting involved with her in the first place

Old 04-17-2013, 06:33 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,067,745 times
Looks are important because of attraction. No amount of money , unless I was in a very bad situation and even then I'd have a hard time dating someone for money if I didn't find him attractive on some level, intelligence, but not even that- just the personality would have to be good. It's hard for me to picture liking a man for money. Status, that doesn't do it for me either. I did go out with a guy I really liked who was exactly my type physically and he happened to have a Mercedes I believe it was. I actually understood what all the fuss was about in reference to the guy's car, but that would not be a motivator for me either. I like you or I don't and I only REALLY like a few . . .

Old 04-17-2013, 06:38 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,067,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post

I'm poor, average looking, and certainly not high-status.

I still attract women.
You (filihok) have unique opinions on things. Some people like those that are different. Personality, confidence ,a positive attitude go a long way (in general).

Old 04-17-2013, 06:42 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,640,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Why are you picking on JetJockey?

In all her time posting here she's pretty much proven to be a very decent person.

You frequently make some fine posts filihok, but then there are the ones like this
Eh, he likes arguing semantics and nonsensical points.

No big
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships