Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 01:03 AM

495 posts, read 684,837 times

Advertisements

You sound like you are trying to use logic to convince her to be attracted to you, that never works.To answer your question yes women are attracted to men that are ugly all the time.Money,power,status and uber talent are the great equalizers for ugly men.Now here is some logic for you.You have two options.Accept the fact that she is not attracted to you and move on or be a virgin your entire life.Or stop your complaining and become the man that she IS attracted to.Work out like a madman and get reconstructive facial surgery if that's what it takes.If your not prepared to to that then stop your bit.ching and move on.Put up or shut up fool.

Old 04-28-2013, 01:35 AM

30,261 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Seriously, this is really disturbing. The obsession with this girl is not healthy. I really hope we don't see you on the 6 o'clock news one night.

But, I will answer your question:

Yes, it IS possible....in a sense.

I've had times where I've met someone or known of someone and saw what they looked like and thought, "they're ok". Maybe not someone I would consider gorgeous but, not ogres, either.

However, once they open their mouths, how they look can change considerably. I have actually experienced this where a guy I thought was, 'ok', suddenly looks really, really good because of their personality, their sense of humor, their intelligence, etc.

I shouldn't say, "suddenly", it does take a little time to see or learn their personality but they went from, "they're ok" to, "want to rip your clothes off right. now!" all because of it.

On the flip side of that, really, smokin' hot guys can turn hideously ugly by opening their mouths if they have no personality whatsoever or their personality totally sucks. I don't care how good looking you are, if you're a pr**k, your face melts in to ugly.

Of course personality has a role in how attractive someone is to another person. Having said THAT, it does NOT mean that just because someone has a great personality means that everyone wants to date them. As was said to you several times in your other thread, what works for one person does not work for another person. We are all different, we all have different tastes, desires, wishes, etc.

And keep in mind, it doesn't matter if YOU think you have a good personality and are good looking or ok, it matters that the OTHER person thinks that; the other person being the person you want to go out with you.

Old 04-28-2013, 01:46 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,052,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Watson View Post
I agree that she doesn't owe me a thing. I simply think it is unfortunate that she cannot see beyond what SHE finds desirable.

We aren’t all born perfect; that is why we must show kindness and understanding to those who are physically lacking because; it is no fault of their own. I simply wish she would come to recognize this and give me one chance. I am not saying she has to, by any means, but it would show remarkable maturity on her part if she did.
Look kid you need to understand that she is not into you probably because of her looks. Believe me deep down you are probably a great guy inside but some women like what they see on the outside or they want the whole damn package. She is shallow, why fight? Why do you presist on being with a woman who does not like you. Women like that needs to make mistakes in her life when it comes to dating and relationships like having her heart broken by a cheating boyfriend, catching an std or two, having her credit cards maxed out buy a boyfriend, or even worse end up becoming a single mom. The things that I have mentioned will most likely happen to thd woman you like, and she will have regrets not dating you. Karma baby. Two you need to stop being needy which is an horrible personality trait, for most women thats a turn off. Its ok for women to be needy but not for us guys its a no. You just gotta love double standards.

Old 04-28-2013, 02:01 AM

432 posts, read 1,228,767 times
Quote:
Certain events have led me to believe that one of the major reasons for my rejection by the young lady I am interested in is due to my appearance. I do not consider myself hideous, however I know am nothing extraordinary in the looks department. Apparently, my appearance is not satisfactory by this girl’s standards.

My question for you today is this: Do you believe it is possible for someone to eventually come to accept another for a relationship regardless of an appearance issue. Could they ever possibly see beyond the outside appearance of a person, and come to know the qualities/traits which truly define their character?

I previously posted that I believed this type of judgment to be grossly unfair. After much debate with others on this forum, I have come to recognize that it is not possible to minimize the issue, because apparently appearance IS very important.

I am curious to see what you think.Please share your thoughts and opinions regarding this question

Thank you very much,
J
If you are speaking of a sexual relationship then I do believe that you need to be attracted to the other for it to work.

One of my very good friends is not attractive. He has very beautiful eyes but has the most hideous teeth, rotting, nicotine stained, some missing, others loose. The dentist even said they were not worth cleaning and that he would need dentures.

In my early 40's after a party night of drinking and lots of nude swimming in the pool people paired off and we ended up together. I could not even kiss him as it grossed me out. Anyway we had sex a couple of more times after that but it just did not work out.

Our friendship has spanned 20 years now, he is almost like a brother in law to me, helping me out when I need it, I feed him dinners and our group of friends get together on a regular basis. I think if I had found him attractive it may have been different between us cause I know that he was very interested in me at that time. Now we both understand that it's just a friendship.

So I guess if you are friends with this girl and she doesn't find you attractive, are you willing to accept the level of friendship or do you need more?

Old 04-28-2013, 06:11 AM

550 posts, read 984,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader44 View Post
You sound like you are trying to use logic to convince her to be attracted to you, that never works.To answer your question yes women are attracted to men that are ugly all the time.Money,power,status and uber talent are the great equalizers for ugly men.Now here is some logic for you.You have two options.Accept the fact that she is not attracted to you and move on or be a virgin your entire life.Or stop your complaining and become the man that she IS attracted to.Work out like a madman and get reconstructive facial surgery if that's what it takes.If your not prepared to to that then stop your bit.ching and move on.Put up or shut up fool.
He doesnt need plastic surgery. Jay just needs to have some self confidence. He is lacking at the moment. It doesnt matter If hes ugly, just have some humor and confidence. He can start by talking to her. Maybe she thinks its odd that he never talks. Being socially awkward or anti social is never attractive. So Jay needs to get some confidence and go up to her and start a conversation. Thats the only logical way hes ever going to have a chance with her. Go up to her and tell her a funny joke or ask her what her plans are for the summer. Stop being afraid of rejection and just do it. If she rejects you then move on.

Old 04-28-2013, 08:21 AM

597 posts, read 1,147,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader44 View Post
Work out like a madman and get reconstructive facial surgery if that's what it takes..
Perhaps that would be a solution. Not at this point in my life, though.

Old 04-28-2013, 08:45 AM

550 posts, read 984,827 times
Quote:
Perhaps that would be a solution. Not at this point in my life, though.

Jay you dont need to go to such extremes. Besides that might scare her off more. If you want a real solution, try talking to her and start a conversation with her. See what happens. You cant have any type of relationship or friendship without talking to her. Tell her a joke or ask her to eat lunch with you. Its a lot better than what you are currently doing. Then you could say at least you tried. Its probably likely she still wont want you, but at least you can try.

Old 04-28-2013, 08:56 AM

11,798 posts, read 12,038,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by back2M View Post
So I guess if you are friends with this girl and she doesn't find you attractive, are you willing to accept the level of friendship or do you need more?
He's not her friend. There is no relationship of any kind between them. There never has been. At some point in 9th grade, during some group work, she shushed him, and hasn't liked him since, making it obvious by avoiding him and glaring at him if they cross paths. As a result, instead of moving on, he's spent 4 years obsessing over her and has decided she is his dream woman.

Makes perfect sense, doesn't it.

Old 04-28-2013, 09:20 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,230,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
He's not her friend. There is no relationship of any kind between them. There never has been. At some point in 9th grade, during some group work, she shushed him, and hasn't liked him since, making it obvious by avoiding him and glaring at him if they cross paths. As a result, instead of moving on, he's spent 4 years obsessing over her and has decided she is his dream woman.

Makes perfect sense, doesn't it.
It's a shame what perception can do some time.

He will get over it and accept defeat eventually.

Old 04-28-2013, 10:24 AM

1,092 posts, read 3,437,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
It's a shame what perception can do some time.

He will get over it and accept defeat eventually.
If 4 years hasn't accomplished this, multiple threads with hundreds of responses to move on, then NO, it seems unlikely that he will on his own.

He needs to work with a professional at this point.

Working out and plastic surgery are not going to help. She's obviously "repulsed" by him due to his behavior, not his appearance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships