Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2013, 08:03 PM

597 posts, read 1,147,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
http://www.therightperspective.org/w...eanne_Barr.jpg

But it could be anyone that society does not deem "attractive."

Would you still be obsessed with her?
I am not "obsessed"; but yes I would still be interested. The girl I like is a truly good person, who exemplifies what it means to be a lady. She also multitalented. The looks are a plus; but do not define all that is special about her. She has so many other gifts.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:04 PM

550 posts, read 984,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Watson View Post
So, I am supposed to give up everything I've hoped for, just because my looks do not pass her rigid standards?
Yes it's in your best interest to move on. That is the most logical thing to do. Sorry she does not feel the same way. You can't force anyone to love you.

But you have no right to disregard her feelings just because you want what you want and to heck with how she feels.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:07 PM

Quote:
I am not "obsessed"; but yes I would still be interested. The girl I like is a truly good person, who exemplifies what it means to be a lady. She also multitalented. The looks are a plus; but do not define all that is special about her. She has so many other gifts.
You seem very obsessed with her. An obsession is defined as " a persistent disturbing preoccupation with an often unreasonable idea or feeling" which describes your situation perfectly.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:08 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:
You might not accept that you are obsessed with her -but the proof is in the posts.

I don't understand how you can continue to say all these things about her when you don't even know her. It's baffling.

I highly doubt you would have noticed her if she looked like Roseanne Barr. But as I said before, I highly doubt that the only reason that she wants nothing to do with is because of what you look like. A few threads ago - you thought it was because of your race. Now you think it's because she doesn't find you attractive. The point is - she doesn't like you. She doesn't and she doesn't have to and this doesn't make her a bad person. Do you like everyone? You have said that you will reject every single other woman on the planet except for her. I guess that makes you a bigot towards everyone else, by your own logic.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:11 PM

837 posts, read 961,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
You have said that you will reject every single other woman on the planet except for her. I guess that makes you a bigot towards everyone else, by your own logic.
Let's be honest. He'd be doing them a favor.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngirl25 View Post
But you have no right to disregard her feelings just because you want what you want and to heck with how she feels.
I think I previously made the point that being interested in her is in no way; "disregarding her feelings".

Old 04-27-2013, 08:32 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:
I think I previously made the point that being interested in her is in no way; "disregarding her feelings".
If that's all you were - interested in her - then no, that's not disregarding her feelings. But likening her to a bigot, feeling like your unhappiness is HER fault, thinking she owes it to you to be interested in you or give you a chance - all that is completely disregarding her feelings. She is a human being. She has emotions, opinions, feelings, ideas, etc. - and they are all her own. They are not yours to control. She is not interested in you.

Why do you ignore all the points we make? Can you not deal with it?

Old 04-27-2013, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Jay pay attention. You are not disregarding her feelings by being interested in her. You are disregarding her feelings by saying she is wrong to have them. You are disregarding her feelings by calling her a bigot for rejecting you. You are disregarding her feelings by placing your wants and desires above her opinions and feelings. You act like her opinions are unimportant compared to yours.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:46 PM

837 posts, read 961,391 times
Quote:
You act like her opinions are unimportant compared to yours.
He acts like her and our opinions are unimportant compared to his. He's a naive kid just looking for validation and is getting frustrated because 10+ people are telling him the same thing.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:50 PM

Quote:
You are disregarding her feelings by saying she is wrong to have them. You are disregarding her feelings by calling her a bigot for rejecting you. You are disregarding her feelings by placing your wants and desires above her opinions and feelings. You act like her opinions are unimportant compared to yours.
So I am wrong for having an opinion about something?

I am not disregarding her feelings, because I do not act on my opinion or belief that she is being narrow-minded. I may believe that she is being unjust, but I do nothing to let her know that this is how I feel.

Yes, I agree that arguing with her about the fairness of this situation would be disregarding her feelings.

But since I say nothing to her concerning the subject, I cannot be held guilty for a belief that is not harming her in any way. To think otherwise is entirely irrational.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships