Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2013, 08:55 PM

1,755 posts, read 2,998,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Watson View Post
So I am wrong for having an opinion about something?

I am not disregarding her feelings, because I do not act on my opinion or belief that she is being narrow-minded. I may believe that she is being unjust, but I do nothing to let her know that this is how I feel.

Yes, I agree that arguing with her about the fairness of this situation would be disregarding her feelings.

But since I say nothing to her concerning the subject, I cannot be held guilty for a belief that is not harming her in any way. To think otherwise is entirely irrational.
No, but your trail of thought indicates to everyone that you're walking on a tightrope.

We're suggesting you get help and trying to get you to see the light before you make a fool of yourself in real life. You get it?

Old 04-27-2013, 08:56 PM

837 posts, read 961,282 times
Quote:
But since I say nothing to her concerning the subject, I cannot be held guilty for a belief that is not harming her in any way. To think otherwise is entirely irrational.
So members of the KKK aren't racist against blacks unless they've done direct harm to them?

Your reasoning is irrational.

Old 04-27-2013, 09:12 PM

597 posts, read 1,147,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmorangie View Post
So members of the KKK aren't racist against blacks unless they've done direct harm to them?

Your reasoning is irrational.
Are you trying to say that I am doing harm to her just by having an opinion, and thinking something in my mind? I still don't see your point.

Old 04-27-2013, 09:16 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:
Are you trying to say that I am doing harm to her just by having an opinion, and thinking something in my mind? I still don't see your point.
We are saying that you are doing YOURSELF harm and that you are disregarding her feelings. She doesn't have to be aware of the fact that you are disregarding her feelings in order for you to do that.

Old 04-27-2013, 09:18 PM

837 posts, read 961,282 times
Quote:
Nope. But you are blaming her for doing emotional harm to you and blaming her for your unhappiness. Which directly implies that her opinion of you being distasteful and unattractive (which is just thinking something in her mind), is doing you harm by making you unhappy and resulting in your loveless future.

Your screws are so loose that you fail to put yourself in anyone's shoes except for your own. Your threads read like this: "Me me me me my feelings my future ME!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
We are saying that you are doing YOURSELF harm and that you are disregarding her feelings. She doesn't have to be aware of the fact that you are disregarding her feelings in order for you to do that.
Precisely!

Old 04-27-2013, 09:18 PM

391 posts, read 841,034 times
Quote:
My question for you today is this: Do you believe it is possible for someone to eventually come to accept another for a relationship regardless of an appearance issue. Could they ever possibly see beyond the outside appearance of a person, and come to know the qualities/traits which truly define their character?

No. It's your looks, it's how you walk, how you breathe, how you eat, you open the door wrong, you do this, that, this, that. See where im going with this? It starts with looks then ends with everything. For the most part, all the girls I've dated were not based on looks, but how they thought and some of the physical features I found appealing, like eyes and hair. I would say it's time to move on.

Old 04-27-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I am not doing myself harm, simply by hoping that things will eventually work out. There is nothing wrong with optimism.

Old 04-27-2013, 09:20 PM

11,798 posts, read 12,038,339 times
Quote:
Yes, because your whole thought process is distorted. The very fact that you've been on here the entire day continues to feed your obsession with her. Arguing with other members keeps you from facing the reality of liking a girl in 9th grade, her dismissing you, and you becoming obsessed with her for the entire high school experience.

She does not like you, it doesn't matter why, she doesn't owe you an explanation. That is what is real and it doesn't matter if you don't like it.

You have wasted 4 years of your life obsessing, and the reality, from your very first post here, is because of your thought processes and your choices, you are going to have to be alone for the rest of your life because you are choosing not to accept reality.

Any healthy person and heck, even some unhealthy people, have the common sense to know that if someone doesn't like you back, for whatever reason, you move on. You aren't entitled to know the reasons, they don't have to make sense to you, you don't have to like them, you just need to accept that another human being doesn't owe you a thing.

Old 04-27-2013, 09:22 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:
I am not doing myself harm, simply by hoping that things will eventually work out. There is nothing wrong with optimism.
You are not being optimistic. You are being fatalistic. Optimistic would be saying, "Gee, I really like this girl but I'd better move on. Maybe I'll meet someone who loves me for me and we'll be really happy together."

Saying, "I'll never be with anyone but her and she is destroying any chance of happiness I might have by being narrow minded and bigoted" is not optimistic. That's crazy person talk.

Old 04-27-2013, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
you just need to accept that another human being doesn't owe you a thing.
I agree that she doesn't owe me a thing. I simply think it is unfortunate that she cannot see beyond what SHE finds desirable.

We aren’t all born perfect; that is why we must show kindness and understanding to those who are physically lacking because; it is no fault of their own. I simply wish she would come to recognize this and give me one chance. I am not saying she has to, by any means, but it would show remarkable maturity on her part if she did.

Last edited by Jay Watson; 04-27-2013 at 09:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships