Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 06:23 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times

Advertisements

Just invite him to something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2013, 08:29 PM

788 posts, read 1,271,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M45 View Post
You've given him plenty of chances to take you up on it. I'm dumb as hell and could even see it myself. Someone who knows how to "play the game" would certainly be able to see that you want to say yes.

I hate to say this, but he isn't asking because that's not what he wants. Not many guys take a stab in the dark.......But even a blind squirrel can get a nut.

Even the dumbest, most shy guys could feel and sense it dear.

Even they would find the courage to ask if they were like 99.99% sure you will/would say yes.

Not many guys are going to if they have a 15.999% chance........Some Don Juan's will though. They know no shame.
I think this may be what I needed to hear. Given the perfect opportunity today, I can't see why he wouldn't have asked me out. Guess it's time for me to move on.

Old 04-28-2013, 09:24 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,311,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katykat01 View Post
I think this may be what I needed to hear. Given the perfect opportunity today, I can't see why he wouldn't have asked me out. Guess it's time for me to move on.
It was the perfect opportunity for you to ask him out, you didn't.

Old 04-28-2013, 09:38 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times
Quote:
Considering he's higher up, I don't want to ask him out. I don't feel comfortable asking him out. Plus, I've found that when I do the chasing, the guys don't really want me anyway. When I let them pursue me, they actually seem dedicated to having a relationship.
This happens to guys all the time!

That said I think you handled this well. There was nothing you did that was wrong in setting yourself up to meet him.

Me thinks he may have changed his mind and one of the reasons is that maybe he felt uncomfortable that you all worked for the same company. But it could be any number of reasons. A lot can happen in a month

I suggest to lay low and play it cool especially because of his position with the company as well as you not being able to handle rejection.

Old 04-28-2013, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineComedy View Post
It was the perfect opportunity for you to ask him out, you didn't.
Yeah, but I actually gave him the opportunity within the conversation to ask me out. He didn't bite. Like I said, I don't feel comfortable asking him out.

Old 04-28-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
This happens to guys all the time!

Really? It sounds stupid, but I never really thought of it that way.

That said I think you handled this well. There was nothing you did that was wrong in setting yourself up to meet him.

Thank you. That makes me feel better that I didn't completely screw up.

Me thinks he may have changed his mind and one of the reasons is that maybe he felt uncomfortable that you all worked for the same company. But it could be any number of reasons. A lot can happen in a month

I suggest to lay low and play it cool especially because of his position with the company as well as you not being able to handle rejection.
That's exactly what I plan on doing. At this point, I feel like he can pursue me. He knows I'm interested and I'm not sure how I could possibly make it any more obvious. Thanks for the reply.

Old 04-28-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Yeah, but I actually gave him the opportunity within the conversation to ask me out. He didn't bite. Like I said, I don't feel comfortable asking him out.
And he didn't.
Just like you didn't ask him out.

You want something.
But you won't go for it.
And it won't go for you.

Unless one of those two situations changes you'll never have it.

Old 04-28-2013, 10:27 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
You "really like" this guy but you haven't had any real conversations with him and other than running into him briefly at this event, you haven't so much as seen him in a month.

I sense you are confusing affection with lust. In other words, you've got the hots for him. Thing is, he's just not that into you. If he was, he'd have stayed to talk to you longer, and he'd have found some way to get to know you by now. This goes for all men. A man who is interested in a woman doesn't let a month go by without talking to her or seeing her.

Old 04-28-2013, 10:27 AM

I get what you're saying, but I can't help but feel it's awkward for me, the person in the lower position, to ask him out. Especially after I gave him an opportunity during the conversation to ask me out! It's frustrating to say the least.

Old 04-28-2013, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
You "really like" this guy but you haven't had any real conversations with him and other than running into him briefly at this event, you haven't so much as seen him in a month.

I sense you are confusing affection with lust. In other words, you've got the hots for him. Thing is, he's just not that into you. If he was, he'd have stayed to talk to you longer, and he'd have found some way to get to know you by now. This goes for all men. A man who is interested in a woman doesn't let a month go by without talking to her or seeing her.

She's into him. He was right there in, figurative, grabbing distance. She didn't make a move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships