Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2013, 12:28 PM

72 posts, read 206,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi000 View Post
I'll give dating a shot once I find a real job and get out of my parent's house, hopefully to another state.
Honestly, why wait until then? Life's too short.

Just lie and say you own your own house and already have a good job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2013, 02:37 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,841,954 times
Did some of you have an inkling that you were going to be single when you were in your teens? Maybe you are unattractive,have an off putting or boring personality,are autistic,overweight,etc....

With me,I figured if men never really paid me any attention in my teens,then that right there was a clue for me that I might be single as I got older. I ignored all the signs that I was going to be single. In hindsight,I wish I had paid attention back then,because had I did that, I would have skipped all the heartbreak.
It ws wishful thinking on my part.

Old 07-06-2013, 03:18 PM

17 posts, read 72,209 times
I'm 23 year old and still in college. I'm terrible at talking to women due to the fact that i have a stuttering problem. Most women are not fond of dating men with a speech impediment. I have been turn down and looked over so many times from high school till now it ain't even funny. I'm a year and half away from getting my degree in Radiology and planning on going to nursing school after this. So it is still time for me to find somebody since i'm young. I feel like all my accomplishments in the future still won't attract females to me. sigh..... Most of the females that i met so far i haven't click with personality wise, or my stuttering turns them off.

Old 07-06-2013, 03:46 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Did some of you have an inkling that you were going to be single when you were in your teens? Maybe you are unattractive,have an off putting or boring personality,are autistic,overweight,etc....

With me,I figured if men never really paid me any attention in my teens,then that right there was a clue for me that I might be single as I got older. I ignored all the signs that I was going to be single. In hindsight,I wish I had paid attention back then,because had I did that, I would have skipped all the heartbreak.
That was me, I was pretty much passed over in high school and in college, but when I was about 22 my sex drive kicked into high gear so I had to do something. I had no other choice but to ratchet down my standards till I started getting attention.

Not sure how you can experience heart break if you are never chosen, its more like depression.

Old 07-06-2013, 03:59 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:

Definitely, and I did not accept it. I got out of my teens and by Gum, I found a man, a good-looking man. In a bar. Where he went ALL THE TIME because...he is an alcoholic.

Denied for many years the fact that he loved the bar more than he could possibly ever love me.

Do I wish I had accepted my fate back when it was so obvious? It's a tough question. I have a great daughter, now an adult. Had I proceeded with my life the way I was meant to and never married, I would have missed out on her, but I also paid a huge price for daring to believe I could be loved and for allowing myself to be fooled into believing I was.

There are times when I do believe in reincarnation and wonder what the f*** I did last time out.

Old 07-06-2013, 05:02 PM

708 posts, read 1,060,395 times
Quote:

Me too.Girls in H.S. only wanted to be friends with me.None of them saw me as boyfriend material.It seems to have stayed that way.I used to be really down about that until I realized,it probably is for the best.I enjoy my life now.And,I may have grown a little selfish and set in my ways now.I don't need a woman to come in and upset my proverbial apple cart.It would only be aggravating for me and her,and I am mature enough to realize that.So,I have stopped looking.

Old 07-06-2013, 05:06 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,939,384 times
I think I knew that I'd never get married back when I was in high school. I knew there was something different about me that made girls not like me "in that way" or really in any way for that matter. Acne didn't help either.

I was in denial, and fantasized about having relationships, but I think deep down I knew. The idea of ever being married or even kissing a girl seemed like an unrealistic, never to come true fairy tale dream.

Old 07-06-2013, 05:08 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
I think I knew that I'd never get married back when I was in high school. I knew there was something different about me that made girls not like me "in that way" or really in any way for that matter. Acne didn't help either.

I was in denial, and fantasized about having relationships, but I think deep down I knew.
That sucks. I was called Pizza Face for it. High school was a blast.

It went away for the most part in my 20s, but I was left with a few pocks. One day my husband handed me a little can of wood putty and said, "Why don't you use this to fill in those holes in your face?" Then he laughed heartily at his own joke. Marriage was a blast, too.

Old 07-06-2013, 05:12 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,793,602 times
I was passed over in high school too. Had acne, was very small for my age, and had no confidence. College got better, as I had grown to 6'0" and started putting on muscle. But I really didn't think I had a shot with women until after college. I didn't know what my good qualities were. Then, I had about 17 good years, from 23-40. Now its all gone the other way again.

Old 07-06-2013, 05:53 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,002,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
That sucks. I was called Pizza Face for it. High school was a blast.

It went away for the most part in my 20s, but I was left with a few pocks. One day my husband handed me a little can of wood putty and said, "Why don't you use this to fill in those holes in your face?" Then he laughed heartily at his own joke. Marriage was a blast, too.
Your HUSBAND said that???

I would have grabbed a paper bag, no - a plastic one - and sweetly told him, "Here, why don't you use this to cover your face?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships