Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2013, 06:58 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,037,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
It might be difficult to actually do this, but if it happens while having dinner together, then the man would be justified in getting up and leaving. If ever there is a time and place to have cellphones off, it is during dinner. To be siting in a nice restaurant in a cozy booth, engaging in pleasant conversation with her, and then be blasted by shrill ringing, and then she sits there chatting with one of her friends is absolutely infuriating. Yes I know, if the man leaves then she gets stuck with the check and then either must call someone to come and get her, or else take an expensive cab ride home. However, actions do have consequences, and taking or making calls or texts during dinner with a date is a very boorish action.

And most women don't turn off their cell phone during a date because they are looking forward to a emergency
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 07:13 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,226,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
And most women don't turn off their cell phone during a date because they are looking forward to a emergency
A diplomatic way of heading this situation off is at the start of the date powering off your phone in front of her and placing it in your glove compartment. You then politely ask her to please also turn hers off and put it in her purse. If she refuses, argues about it, or only does so reluctantly, then you have a problem.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:34 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,805,729 times
Two come to mind: After a coffee date the man wanted me to go sit in his car so he could lick and suck my forearms.

The other one never shut up for the entire date and talked about what a great deal he had gotten on his section 8 apartment and his great job driving the truck for Salvation Army. By the time it was over I knew his entire life history and he didn't even know if I have kids or not and then he wanted another date!

Old 05-20-2013, 11:37 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,161,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Two come to mind: After a coffee date the man wanted me to go sit in his car so he could lick and suck my forearms.

The other one never shut up for the entire date and talked about what a great deal he had gotten on his section 8 apartment and his great job driving the truck for Salvation Army. By the time it was over I knew his entire life history and he didn't even know if I have kids or not and then he wanted another date!
Dafuq.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:18 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,355,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anghared View Post
"I have nightmares. [insert fifteen minute monologue about the most recent one]... Would you like to tell me about one of your nightmares now?"
This one wins

Never mind, it's this one:

Quote:

Old 05-21-2013, 09:12 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,533,552 times
Quote:

whaaaaaat??

Old 05-21-2013, 03:48 PM

580 posts, read 965,426 times
Quote:

Ummm...Eww.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:13 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,037,300 times
Quote:

WHAT??? Now I can see if you wanted to suck on your feet inside the car but your forearms? What a weirdo

Old 05-21-2013, 11:09 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,086,202 times
One that comes to my addled brain is something that happened to me many moons ago..I liked this friend of mines sister and hadn't ever got to spend much time around her..she came home from college and I asked her out to a party that this large herd of rednecks were having around a bonfire..as soon as we got there this guy that had always rubbed me the wrong way started mouthing about his fishing skills and his accuracy at cast a fishing lure into a 5 gal bucket from several feet away..a few verbal jabs were exchanged and I ended up betting I could throw one into a beer can he was holding in his hand if he was to cut the lid off of it...anyway,about 20mins later while we were all waiting in the ER waiting room for a doctor to cut the fish hook out of that guys nose and a doctor to put stitches in my eyebrow from the dude cold cocking me for sticking the afore mentioned bass lure in his nasal cavity,she gently patted my hand and said "I don't think this is going to work out"...I said "yeah I had already figured that out when you threw up the second he started bleeding..I seem to bleed a lot and I need a woman that can handle that a little better than you do"...she NEVER spoke to me again.

Old 05-22-2013, 12:10 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
One that comes to my addled brain is something that happened to me many moons ago..I liked this friend of mines sister and hadn't ever got to spend much time around her..she came home from college and I asked her out to a party that this large herd of rednecks were having around a bonfire..as soon as we got there this guy that had always rubbed me the wrong way started mouthing about his fishing skills and his accuracy at cast a fishing lure into a 5 gal bucket from several feet away..a few verbal jabs were exchanged and I ended up betting I could throw one into a beer can he was holding in his hand if he was to cut the lid off of it...anyway,about 20mins later while we were all waiting in the ER waiting room for a doctor to cut the fish hook out of that guys nose and a doctor to put stitches in my eyebrow from the dude cold cocking me for sticking the afore mentioned bass lure in his nasal cavity,she gently patted my hand and said "I don't think this is going to work out"...I said "yeah I had already figured that out when you threw up the second he started bleeding..I seem to bleed a lot and I need a woman that can handle that a little better than you do"...she NEVER spoke to me again.
Funny story, but....couldn't you have just left after the guy you didn't like started showing off? Wasn't the writing kind of on the wall at that point? Rednecks? No red flag for you there? I'd have expected the guy I was with at that point to say, "this doesn't look good, let's go somewhere else."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships