Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 12:43 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,954,054 times

Advertisements

I met a guy at Starbucks that I had chatted to for a week and the first thing out of his mouth is, "Can I get a kiss?" I told him that I don't roll that way, he then told he that I am "hard" . I should have told him that my fist would like to kiss his teeth.

It bugs me when people try to get familiar with me too quickly.

Barfed, deleted, blocked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2013, 02:57 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,079,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I know far, far more about my online dates than I do about someone I meet in a bar. That second one is the is scary one, to me.
I just don't think I would be very good at it and to nervous...I hope you at least carry pepper spray or something to help you out if things go bad?

Old 05-24-2013, 03:12 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
You know,this online dating stuff is something I have never understood...aren't you girls scared to do that stuff?hell,as rough as I am I'm scared of it and wouldn't even think about doing it.
I've been on probably.... 50+ online first dates and the first few were kinda scary but after a while it's just like any other date I suppose. I've had my share of crazies, but I always meet in a very public place and never put myself in a situation where something could happen.

Old 05-24-2013, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I've been on probably.... 50+ online first dates and the first few were kinda scary but after a while it's just like any other date I suppose. I've had my share of crazies, but I always meet in a very public place and never put myself in a situation where something could happen.
Man I would hope you guys are careful...I'm not saying I would NEVER try it,but I would be very cautious about it.

Old 05-24-2013, 11:01 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,994,575 times
Why does it seem more dangerous to you than meeting someone in a bar?

You know online folks don't just look at a profile and then immediately meet IRL, right? There are usually weeks, sometimes months, of conversation in email, IM, text, phone, etc. before any actual date takes place. During that time you can ask questions and get outside confirmation of the answers to your heart's content.

Old 05-25-2013, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Why does it seem more dangerous to you than meeting someone in a bar?

You know online folks don't just look at a profile and then immediately meet IRL, right? There are usually weeks, sometimes months, of conversation in email, IM, text, phone, etc. before any actual date takes place. During that time you can ask questions and get outside confirmation of the answers to your heart's content.
To be perfectly honest,no,I did not realize that was the way it was...all I've ever heard were the horror stories of it that stuck in my mind...I know a few guys who have met their current wives online,but I've never asked them to much about it.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:55 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,797,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
You know,this online dating stuff is something I have never understood...aren't you girls scared to do that stuff?hell,as rough as I am I'm scared of it and wouldn't even think about doing it.
You learn to like coffee really well b/c most first dates get no further than from the coffeeshop. Very public and often in the afternoon.

Oops thought of another funny one. This was a couple of years ago too--OL date. I wasn't particularly interested in this one but he seemed alright so I decided to give him a chance though there was something about his voice on the phone that bothered me.

When I got to the coffeeshop I realized what it was that bothered me--he was as effeminate as any man I've ever seen! Well no, maybe not the most ef but certainly anyone glancing at him would have thought "Gay!" Now I was willing to allow that he probably wasn't but I had recently gotten divorced from a man who came out gay after years of marriage and all I could think was what people would think lol. I didn't even stop to wonder whether I would have dated him anyway w/o the past problems. I did stay and have a good time talking to him but then he got on his favorite subject and this is even funnier. He was completely obsessed over a woman in my dance group (who is now a friend) and all he could talk about was how beautiful she is and how she broke his heart. Found out from her later that he'd been stalking her for quite awhile even though they'd never even gotten to the kissing stage. He did happen to mention in the convo that once a date pointed out that he seemed gay and asked me what I thought and I don't remember how I handled that one--said something nice I suppose. Found out later that he'd gone out on a first and only date with another woman in our dance group. The guy gets around. None of the men mentioned dating him though, lol.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
You learn to like coffee really well b/c most first dates get no further than from the coffeeshop. Very public and often in the afternoon.

Oops thought of another funny one. This was a couple of years ago too--OL date. I wasn't particularly interested in this one but he seemed alright so I decided to give him a chance though there was something about his voice on the phone that bothered me.

When I got to the coffeeshop I realized what it was that bothered me--he was as effeminate as any man I've ever seen! Well no, maybe not the most ef but certainly anyone glancing at him would have thought "Gay!" Now I was willing to allow that he probably wasn't but I had recently gotten divorced from a man who came out gay after years of marriage and all I could think was what people would think lol. I didn't even stop to wonder whether I would have dated him anyway w/o the past problems. I did stay and have a good time talking to him but then he got on his favorite subject and this is even funnier. He was completely obsessed over a woman in my dance group (who is now a friend) and all he could talk about was how beautiful she is and how she broke his heart. Found out from her later that he'd been stalking her for quite awhile even though they'd never even gotten to the kissing stage. He did happen to mention in the convo that once a date pointed out that he seemed gay and asked me what I thought and I don't remember how I handled that one--said something nice I suppose. Found out later that he'd gone out on a first and only date with another woman in our dance group. The guy gets around. None of the men mentioned dating him though, lol.
Lmao...I wish I could've sat at the next table all clued in to the fact about your former SO and watched that date go down.....I have a very self deprecating nature/sense of humor...but I'm not above "deprecating" on others while they are in a uncomfortable spot...yeah,I'm kinda evil...so sue me

I talked to the brother of the girl who spent the night in the ER with me over the fishing lure fiasco this morning and he reminded me of a worse first date that I had..not really a "date" in the traditional use of the word,but close enough for hillbillies I guess.

This guy I fished around occasionally pulled up at a convenience store I was walking out of one day and I walked over to BS with him a bit..when I leaned in his window there was a good looking redhead riding shotgun in his truck and as is the custom we started talking crap about how stupid each other was when it came to all aspects of life..he asked where I was going all duded up (I imagine I probably had a wife beater on,a pair of camo shorts and camo crocs..yeah,he was slurring me)..I told him I was headed out to do some jugging but my buddy's wife had banned him from riding in a boat with me anymore because she said she didn't want to raise the kids on her own and that I was gonna end up killed in a boat one night and I was taking him out with me and so I was heading back home to find a new friend that didn't mind his wife so well..the redhead spoke up and said she LOVED fishing and hadn't been in years and how her husband had been an ahole about her going fishing with her family and blah blah blah..I eyeballed this guy because if this was his squeeze I damn sure didn't want to reply to anything she had just said and he said "this is my sister law. Such and such,just moved in with us,getting a divorce and blah blah blah on his part"...he looked at me like he wanted me to take her off his hands and I had no problem giving it a shot so I asked her if she wanted to take my buddy's spot until he manned up and grew a pair of nads..I told her it was a strictly buddy thing and that I wouldn't do anything to her that I wouldn't do to my regular fishing buddy,but since he was so much smaller than me that really meant there was no limits and I might ravish her like I did him on occasioni just said that stuff to see if she had a good sense of humor and wasn't a prude and she laughed like hell...she declined for that night but we decided we would meet up a few nights later and try it..we met up when we had agreed to and the first thing I did was drive her right straight to my friends place on the premise of getting some line I left there,but it was really to show him what he had been replaced with...anyway,I asked her if her BIL had mentioned anything about my boat driving (I am NOTORIOUS for running over powered boats at very high rates of speed..its my version of dope) and she said he had mentioned it and told her I was pretty good at it and to just keep her mouth shut...to keep the bugs out of it ...it was about pitch black when we got unloaded and underway and she was nervous as hell when I got the boat up to speed..I know that lake like I know where the furniture is in my own house in the dark and I was letting it fly..I leaned over and hollered"I couldn't see a bull's ahole if he was sitting on my dang face with these new glasses I just got..really makes me mad"..she gave the look I was hoping for (cross between amazement and terror)...I. no sooner got that out of my mouth good and we were flying up in the air and all hell broke lose as far as noise and equipment flying all over the boat..after what seemed like forever,it was dead quiet and dark as hell..no lights,no motor sound..nothing...I found my flashlight and started surveying the damage and her for injuries...she was ok,but we had hit a partially submerged tree that had washed off of a bank and floated into the middle of the lake(I'm assuming) during a storm from earlier that day and I had hit it like it had stole from me right where the branches started...to make matters worse,it had torn the transom (back of the boat that hold the motor up also) up beyond repair AND we were slowly but surely sinking...I said "I most likely should have mentioned this earlier,but nows as good a time as any...I CAN'T SWIM!"...her EXACT words were"then YOU are screwed buddy"...well this story has went on to long as is,but to end it I was able to booger the battery cables back together enough to use the trolling motor to get us back to the bank and call her BIL to come help us get back to the ramp...she wasn't really mad at me after the fact,but she never has rode in a boat with me again either so.....

Old 05-25-2013, 12:39 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Oh man Jade....I've had both of those boob comments! I also had a guy ask if I would go to the restroom and take off my bra so he could see how saggy my breasts were on a first date. He wanted to make sure he wasn't being 'duped'.

Let's see...a few weeks ago I went out for a drink with an online date and he asked me point blank what booze and how many it would take to get me to have sex with him. Not super appropriate...I had my old fashioned and then left.

Had a guy go on a bit of a rant about tattoos once, not realizing I have a nearly completed sleeve. The fact that it's stated very plainly on my profile and there is a picture that shows my arm I realized he didn't actually read my profile at all. After he was done complaining about how stupid, lazy and idiotic people are who get tattoos I slowly pushed my sleeve up, smiled, gave him a high five and left.

A friend of mine went out with a guy who decided to go ON AND ON about how disgusting 'fat chicks were' pointing out the physical flaws of the other women in the restaurant. She is really athletic, but used to be quite obese before working for years to lose the weight. She let him know what an a-hole he was and left.
Something similar happened to a good friend of mine. She had gastric bypass surgery and lost more than 100 pounds. She is beautiful. She went on an online date who ranted about fat women for an hour before she lost patience, told him she used to be fat, and said goodbye. She really met some winners, but then--she met a nice guy, got married, and is pregnant now for their second child. She really went through an array of losers before she found him, though.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:43 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Oh, had a guy who said he was 6'2 and when he showed up he was maybe 5'9 or so. He then proceeded to tell me how awful I was because I was OBVIOUSLY 6'6 and had lied about my height because I was so much taller than him
That's pretty common. Men lie about their height ALL the time. I can't tell you how many times men have told me that I MUST be taller than 6'1" because THEY are 6'3"...and I can see the top of his head.

Men, why lie about your height????? It's OBVIOUS that you are lying. You can't fake height. I don't get this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships