Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 04:18 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrueRulz View Post
When he leaves you sitting in his car for over an hour in his friend's driveway so he can go smoke a joint with his buddies in the house.
Oh, oh! I have another story

This one was from my early 20s, one of the first times I'd ever met a guy online, and it wasn't through a dating site but rather through a message board of sorts.

He didn't have a car and after I picked him up and took him to the movies (my treat, of course) he asked if we could swing by his friends house for a bit. When we got there, he asked me to stay in the car. Half an hour later he comes back out smelling like he'd been hotboxed and reeking of weed and alcohol. I told him that he wasn't getting in my car smelling like that and he got pissed and called me a few not so nice names.

I left him there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 05:09 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,805,729 times
OK, since we're going back to dates in youth, I have another one but it's not so funny as my first 2--or as recent. I was in college and on a date with a young man that I could have taken home to mother, though by the time it was over there was no way I ever would. We were hanging out with a group of his friends and they apparently liked to get together and play various games, something I didn't do as much so I was fairly inexperienced at all of them. For some reason that I will never know though I was winning at all of them and maybe it's b/c I'd had just a little alcohol and hit the "sweet spot" or something. We played fussbol and I won. We played cards and I took them all. We played darts and I was hitting bullseyes and then severing the last dart with the next one. I was having a great time and failed to notice that my date was getting progressively more pissed. Folks were starting to go home and I asked him to drive me too but he waited until everyone was gone and then drug me back to the bedroom caveman style and tried to forcibly take my pants off but I wiggled so hard he couldn't get to the buttons and I guess Levi's are made pretty well. It was a long walk home and I learned a lot about some men's pride that night. I don't think I was rubbing it in but that would be no excuse for his behavior anyway.

Old 05-23-2013, 05:50 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
He invites his friend over for moral support.

Old 05-23-2013, 06:58 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,086,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
OK, since we're going back to dates in youth, I have another one but it's not so funny as my first 2--or as recent. I was in college and on a date with a young man that I could have taken home to mother, though by the time it was over there was no way I ever would. We were hanging out with a group of his friends and they apparently liked to get together and play various games, something I didn't do as much so I was fairly inexperienced at all of them. For some reason that I will never know though I was winning at all of them and maybe it's b/c I'd had just a little alcohol and hit the "sweet spot" or something. We played fussbol and I won. We played cards and I took them all. We played darts and I was hitting bullseyes and then severing the last dart with the next one. I was having a great time and failed to notice that my date was getting progressively more pissed. Folks were starting to go home and I asked him to drive me too but he waited until everyone was gone and then drug me back to the bedroom caveman style and tried to forcibly take my pants off but I wiggled so hard he couldn't get to the buttons and I guess Levi's are made pretty well. It was a long walk home and I learned a lot about some men's pride that night. I don't think I was rubbing it in but that would be no excuse for his behavior anyway.
Holy crap! I spent 3 hours handcuffed to a chair at the Sheriffs office when I was 17 over a simular incident that a guy pulled at a party on my sister..I went straight to the dude's house to give him a lesson in dating etiquette...after everything was sorted out they released me without charges and a very minor butt chewing..(I eventually worked as a Deputy for that same dept 5 years later)...I despise people like that or anyone who preys on somebody weaker than themselves and I have no qualms about volunteering to be their next "victim"...I'm your huckleberry (or if pushed farther,huckle bearer)

Old 05-23-2013, 07:01 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,092,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Holy crap! I spent 3 hours handcuffed to a chair at the Sheriffs office when I was 17 over a simular incident that a guy pulled at a party on my sister..I went straight to the dude's house to give him a lesson in dating etiquette...after everything was sorted out they released me without charges and a very minor butt chewing..(I eventually worked as a Deputy for that same dept 5 years later)...I despise people like that or anyone who preys on somebody weaker than themselves and I have no qualms about volunteering to be their next "victim".
You're a good brother.

Old 05-24-2013, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
You're a good brother.
Ty

I have two sisters who early on made it their life's goal to marry (several) idiots and try to "change" them into good guys by being nice to them..for the first several years I tried to help them with that transformation and have the scars to prove it on both of my hands..but,thank God they've both finally smartened up and realized that a dumb ass by any other name is still a dumb ass.

Old 05-24-2013, 08:14 AM

1,843 posts, read 3,059,726 times
Date from a guy I met online...only thing he said during the entire date (over & over) "How far is your apartment from here?"

Old 05-24-2013, 08:45 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,812,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsydevil82 View Post
Date from a guy I met online...only thing he said during the entire date (over & over) "How far is your apartment from here?"
*snicker* You should have told him there was no reason to play coy. I hope you ditched him when he went to the toilet.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsydevil82 View Post
You know,this online dating stuff is something I have never understood...aren't you girls scared to do that stuff?hell,as rough as I am I'm scared of it and wouldn't even think about doing it.

Old 05-24-2013, 12:36 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,999,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
You know,this online dating stuff is something I have never understood...aren't you girls scared to do that stuff?hell,as rough as I am I'm scared of it and wouldn't even think about doing it.
I know far, far more about my online dates than I do about someone I meet in a bar. That second one is the is scary one, to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships