Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2013, 05:57 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,377,352 times

Advertisements

Anyone who talks about the ex. Next.
When he notices the woman sitting alone at the next table, and pays more attention to her than you.
The date ends, and he does not say he will call.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2013, 06:05 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,815,319 times
When you find out that the girls sitting at the next table are actually your date's friends, but they pretend not to know each other; secretly recording the entire date.

When your date has a private detective bodyguard with a fedora that is casually sitting in the corner of the restaurant reading a newspaper with an old-school brown briefcase, sometimes looking up and taking pictures with a secret pinhole camera in a pen.

Old 05-19-2013, 06:13 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,407,446 times
Was out with a Girl,we went to Local Bar.After a few she asked if I wanted to see a picture of her New Baby? Sure. Man that is one ugly Kid did you ever figure out who the Daddy is?

She didn't have anymore to do with me.

One other time had sex with a Girl,on my way leaving I give her a kiss and say I hope you're not wanting me to tell you I Love you!

Never heard from her again.

brushrunner

Old 05-20-2013, 09:04 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,226,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Any sign of the cell phone and it's over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylu View Post
For me a date-killer might be someone who is constantly on their cell phone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvillebuckeye View Post
if the cell comes out at all (I make it a point to turn mine off and have sometimes even left it in my car just to be safe)
Perhaps the number one deal killer for myself, and sorry to say, a very common one. Dating etiquette insists that cellphones be turned off, put away, and no calls or texts are made, taken, or checked for until after the date is over and you are alone. To do otherwise is rude, boorish, and tells the date that they are not important and/or are boring and not interesting enough to devote full attention to. There is a recent thread on this topic on this forum for more comments on the subject.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:57 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,999,377 times
Anyone who hesitates to talk about their ex.

Anyone who still harbors anger, bitterness, etc. towards their ex.

Anyone who can't understand that being a business owner means I am on call 24/7 for emergencies at work, that such emergencies are rare but do require that I keep my cell phone on.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:06 PM

8 posts, read 9,438 times
If they take out the cell phone and it's NOT an emergency. That's a date ender.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:18 PM

580 posts, read 965,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Anyone who hesitates to talk about their ex.

Anyone who still harbors anger, bitterness, etc. towards their ex.

Anyone who can't understand that being a business owner means I am on call 24/7 for emergencies at work, that such emergencies are rare but do require that I keep my cell phone on.
I'd make an exception for that. As long as they explain to me before hand and they don't use it as an excuse to talk to their friends or something. You never know.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:48 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,037,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interested.One View Post
If they take out the cell phone and it's NOT an emergency. That's a date ender.

I made a promise to myself if a woman ever answered a cell phone while she was on a date with me I would calmly get up and leave and the date would be over

Old 05-20-2013, 06:03 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,838,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
If she covers her mouth with her hand while chewing food or laughing about something. Whenever that happens, I assume she's inhibited at best, or pseudo-sophisticated at worst.
Just thought I'd mention this, but that's a thing in Japan. I don't know about other countries, but Buddhism and showing bone is not polite.

When they laugh Japanese women often cover their mouths with their hand. This comes from an old Buddhist notion that showing bone is unclean, as well as a horrendous lack of orthodontics in Japan. If you're a woman you have no obligation to copy this, but you will soon notice how frequently Japanese do this.
Japan FAQ--Japanese Manners and Etiquette

Old 05-20-2013, 06:57 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,226,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
I made a promise to myself if a woman ever answered a cell phone while she was on a date with me I would calmly get up and leave and the date would be over
It might be difficult to actually do this, but if it happens while having dinner together, then the man would be justified in getting up and leaving. If ever there is a time and place to have cellphones off, it is during dinner. To be siting in a nice restaurant in a cozy booth, engaging in pleasant conversation with her, and then be blasted by shrill ringing, and then she sits there chatting with one of her friends is absolutely infuriating. Yes I know, if the man leaves then she gets stuck with the check and then either must call someone to come and get her, or else take an expensive cab ride home. However, actions do have consequences, and taking or making calls or texts during dinner with a date is a very boorish action.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships