Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 01:43 PM

580 posts, read 965,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I forgot my wallet can you pay for my ticket?
I'm not used to wearing clothes.
Made the waiter go back and come back to our table and order correctly.
Asked me if I'm ready-before he kissed me.
Said I looked like a librarian.
Said Omg did I just touch your boob?-when we posed for a pic.
I can't believe you are so short.
Librarians can actually be very sexy:

A Sexy Librarian Pin-Up Girl On A Soft Pink Background. Stock Photo 57944524 : Shutterstock

For the rest of the discussion, from the posts I've seen here some men can be real pigs. I hope I never end up like that.

For me a date-killer might be someone who is constantly on their cell phone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2013, 01:58 PM

246 posts, read 387,867 times
Had an online date with a woman who looked quite a bit older than her picture. The conversation went okay although she seemed twitchy. After we finished dinner I got up to go to the bathroom and she asked if I was coming back, and she wasn't joking. I did return but I think she was hoping I wouldn't. She got up and left. That was it. Not even goodbye.

Old 05-18-2013, 02:16 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,921,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylu View Post
Librarians can actually be very sexy:
Yep, I've known some very attractive librarians, including three I've been with and one I want to be with. I wouldn't take that as an insult at all, though it is a rather odd first-date compliment.

Old 05-18-2013, 02:34 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,467,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrsygrl51 View Post
I did have one guy online tell me he was 55, then when I met him he came out with the truth....he was 67. I was 50 at the time. Anyway, I knew he was older once we met. The age spots on his hands gave him away.

I've had that happen a few times I remember the one time, I was in my 30's, the guy was clearly past his past his, said he was 40 something 50's and if there'd been a coffin near by, I would have dropped him into it.

Another time, end of date, I thought the guy took my hand and I thought he was just going to kiss it, instead, he with lightning speed ran his tongue up my arm. I guess he figured at that point he had nothing to lose anyway since I'd given him no indication there would be another date prior to that moment. I was to stun to act and he had moved away before I could slap his face. From now on I will always carry mace in the other had upon parting with such strangers. He had the stupidest look on his face, that whenever I think back on it, I can only laugh. It was surreal.

Old 05-18-2013, 02:50 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,998,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones
I asked how it was different. He said, 'Because you are a grown women.' I have no idea what that meant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
It means you're an adult, and not a 12-year-old. I completely understand why you wanted to wait until you knew him better, and I think he was a jerk for arguing with you about it, but surely you see the difference between you as an adult women and his 10-year-old daughter in a couple of years.
When it comes to the physical vulnerability of being 50 or 100 miles from the nearest town, with a stranger in the woods, I honestly don't see the difference between myself at 12 and myself now. You have to remember that, in terms of emotional and social maturity, a girl at 12 is about the same as a boy at 21.

I am posting because, if there is some difference that I am missing, I would like to know it. I have puzzled over that of his statement for years.

I am the same weight now as I was at 12, and I was physically stronger then (I ran track). OTOH, I am more likely to bring an undisclosed weapon, now.

Old 05-18-2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň
These are guys who are basically trolling for insecure women or women who are used to the victim role....When that happens, they know they've found someone they can control or even abuse.... It's right out of the PUA playbook, but I think some abusive men do it so automatically...
Yes.

When I first found PUA sites and started reading them, that explained so many previously-inexplicable interactions I had had. And all the conversations between women, where women ask each other, 'What is with these guys?! Why are they all the same! It's as if they all read the same terrible dating manual!'

When I ran into PUA guys before I knew about them, I just thought they had terrible social disabilities. I thought that was why they did rude things like criticise my hair at a first meeting. I felt sorry for them and tried my best to overlook their mental handicaps.

It was then hilarious to find out that they are telling each other that, if you 'neg' a woman and then she sleeps with you, it's because of the neg, it's not just that she doesn't discriminate against you for your obvious disability. Boy, are those guys clueless.

Old 05-18-2013, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
When it comes to the physical vulnerability of being 50 or 100 miles from the nearest town, with a stranger in the woods, I honestly don't see the difference between myself at 12 and myself now.
Okay. I'd say that's rather unique to you, though. You can surely understand that most people see a massive difference between adults and 12-year-olds, right?

Quote:
You have to remember that, in terms of emotional and social maturity, a girl at 12 is about the same as a boy at 21.
Riiiiight. Change that to 12 and 14 or 18 and 21 and I'd agree with you, but 12 and 21? That's silly.

Quote:
I am posting because, if there is some difference that I am missing, I would like to know it.
You're missing the difference between a 12-year-old and an adult and would like to know? Where would you like to start? There are hundreds of textbooks and journals I could refer you to.

Quote:
I am the same weight now as I was at 12, and I was physically stronger then (I ran track).
These are also things that are pretty unique to you. Not many people are the same weight as an adult as they were at age 12 or less strong, unless the adult is 85 years old.

Again, I think the guy was a jerk and not very smart to argue with you over how you felt about your own safety, and I think you were wise to not go on a second date. with him. I just find it very odd that you don't see the difference between a 12-year-old girl and a grown woman. To the extent that you didn't know what he meant when he pointed it out, and you've puzzled over it for years? Really?

I get the idea that maybe you viewed yourself as an adult at age 12, but if you could go back and see what you really looked and acted like at 12, I don't think you'd consider yourself to be very adult-like. Have you been around any 12-year-olds lately? They're kids.

Old 05-18-2013, 06:15 PM

I dunno, P, I think it's a guy thing. Boys at 12 are still boys. And, IME, fathers have a very, very difficult time grasping the concept that girls at that age are much older. Not that they should being going off to the woods with strangers, but the point was that adults shouldn't, either .

Old 05-18-2013, 07:03 PM

Quote:
I dunno, P, I think it's a guy thing. Boys at 12 are still boys.
And girls at 12 are adults. Right. I sure hope if you have (or ever have) a daughter, you don't view her that way at that age. Boys and girls at that age are adolescents, and toward the beginning of adolescence at that, even if the girls are on average a little ahead of boys at that age.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:26 PM

2,309 posts, read 3,851,814 times
1.) if they live closer than you do to the destination of the date and still show up later than myself - strike 1
2.) if the cell comes out at all (I make it a point to turn mine off and have sometimes even left it in my car just to be safe) - strike 2
3.) before we even get our drinks you're lecturing me on how liberals are destroying the country (leave the ideological talk for well several dates) - strike 3

I did go out with a girl last November who had moved into town from Staten Island of all places and a.) good god was her accent thick and b.) she cussed like there was no tomorrow and c.) EVERYBODY who lives here is a mawwwwrrooonnn!!!!

Last edited by greenvillebuckeye; 05-18-2013 at 07:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships