Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 02:00 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,087,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
I could never do that to someone, once im settled in I will continue to play with that person until I die or THEY leave. I hate dating, its time consuming and exhausting.

Well it's necessary because you have to be intimate with someone, can't just go through life SINGLE and sexually inactive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2013, 02:08 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,236,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
Well it's necessary because you have to be intimate with someone, can't just go through life SINGLE and sexually inactive.
So why not just stay with the person you have been playing with all along, the way I see it is where was this other person at the last X number of years. The women you "want" are all around, however they are playing games trying to get the absolute best, why would I dump a woman who has been good to me for years for a woman who has now decided to settle for the nice guy.

I say too bad for the other girl as I was taken off the market by a woman willing to be with me while she was out playing head games and trying to sort and pick through men making them act like a jesture. No thank you.

Then how do you know that the new girl is not going to start pressuring marriage and kids and completely rob you blind. Its hard finding a woman that just wants to be with you for you and not try to legally attach herself to your financial assets.

Old 06-02-2013, 02:10 PM
FBJ

Quote:
So why not just stay with the person you have been playing with all along, the way I see it is where was this other person at the last X number of years. The women you "want" are all around, however they are playing games trying to get the absolute best, why would I dump a woman who has been good to me for years for a woman who has now decided to settle for the nice guy.

I say too bad for the other girl as I was taken off the market by a woman willing to be with me while she was out playing head games and trying to sort and pick through men making them act like a jesture. No thank you.

Then how do you know that the new girl is not going to start pressuring marriage and kids and completely rob you blind. Its hard finding a woman that just wants to be with you for you and not try to legally attach herself to your financial assets.

Yeah I know all about those women.

Me....I'm from center and just moving to west philly

Her....Are you moving into a house

LMAO LOL

Old 06-02-2013, 02:13 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,236,786 times
Quote:
Yeah I know all about those women.

Me....I'm from center and just moving to west philly

Her....Are you moving into a house

LMAO LOL
The woman im with now picked me after a divorce and im paying out thousands a month till the end of the year so im mostly broke. Once I recover she will have been the one that was there for me, there is no way I will ever leave.

There are too many women that act just as you have described above

Old 06-02-2013, 02:15 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,658,998 times
Quote:
Sure you can. I've been single for years and sexually inactive for almost as long.

It's not fun, but it's certainly doable.

Old 06-02-2013, 02:15 PM
FBJ

Quote:
The woman im with now picked me after a divorce and im paying out thousands a month till the end of the year so im mostly broke. Once I recover she will have been the one that was there for me, there is no way I will ever leave.

There are too many women that act just as you have described above
'

When I told her NO I wasn't moving into a house she never responded back to me LOL

Old 06-02-2013, 02:44 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,122,842 times
Quote:
It may not be ideal, but some people do go through life like that.

Old 06-02-2013, 02:50 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,361,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I had the radio on and the old song Love The One You're With came on the radio. Basically the verse of the song is "if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with" which made me wonder. Let's say you're at a party and there are two people there of the gender you prefer. One of them you click with big time only it's in your head. This person is exactly the person you want, only they tell you they aren't interested. Maybe they have a SO or busy with work or whatever. However someone at the party is interested in you but you aren't into them. They aren't your physical type or their morals don't fit with yours.

Anyway, my question is would you go on a date with the person who really likes you or wait for the person you like to come around? in the past I have done both so no idea what I would do. My cynical side says I would use the person who really likes me hoping something develops but my non cynical side says I probably would politely reject them and instead of wait for the other person try to meet someone else.

Just a random thought that doesn't in any way pertain to me but did often while looking for the one.
I would say that you definitely do not wait for the one you want to come around. (It rarely if ever happens.)At the same time, you don't go with the one that is interested in you if you don't feel the slightest bit attracted to that person.

Move on and find another if you can.

It is a great random thought, and it happens a lot.

Old 06-02-2013, 02:51 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe'sTavern View Post
It may not be ideal, but some people do go through life like that.

it's not healthy to go through life that.

Old 06-02-2013, 03:37 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,702,943 times
Quote:
it's not healthy to go through life that.
Because you definitely have the credibility to be such an authority. /sarcasm

Just because you're the desperate one doesn't mean that everybody in in a similar situation is. Healthy or not is not decision for you to make. If they go through life normally without any drawbacks which is established by that situation then who are you to say it is unhealthy. I'm certainly not healthier just because I'm sexually active.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships