Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 09:36 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,009,350 times

Advertisements

@Highlife:

I am not sure how to ask this gently and tactfully, but do you have some sort of problem with masturbation? Does it not work for you, or do you have beliefs or conditioning that make it psychologically uncomfortable? Or something?

I really don't mean to pry into your private life. It's just that, they way you write about sex doesn't seem to quite make sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2013, 02:06 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,151,993 times
I'd rather be single than dating someone just to have someone. That's unfair to them also. They may be happy you're with them at first, but the deserve someone crazy about them too.

Rarely is this stuff black & white though. If someone is not unattractive to me or does not have "opposing morals" as you say, then I might give him a chance & see if he grows on me.

And if someone doesn't find ME attractive, then they quickly lose my interest, so the "one I want" who doesn't want me won't be the one I want for very long.

Old 06-04-2013, 02:08 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,151,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
@Highlife:

I am not sure how to ask this gently and tactfully, but do you have some sort of problem with masturbation? Does it not work for you, or do you have beliefs or conditioning that make it psychologically uncomfortable? Or something?

I really don't mean to pry into your private life. It's just that, they way you write about sex doesn't seem to quite make sense.
I suspect this is more of an emotional issue, and yes, even for a man. Lack of intimacy is likely the real problem, more so than just physical release. That certainly can be wearing on many, even physically, and not affect others so much. It depends on emotional makeup.

Sex with a partner is not the same as masturbation anyway....

Old 06-04-2013, 02:35 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,121,368 times
I wouldn't wait around hoping someone would change their mind and start to like me. Assuming I wasn't completely repulsed by the person who liked me, then I might give them a chance to see if I liked them better after a few dates. If I didn't, then I'd just keep waiting hoping to meet someone I really like who feels the same way. I'd rather be single for the rest of my life than settle just to avoid being alone.

Old 06-04-2013, 06:49 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,399,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I wouldn't wait around hoping someone would change their mind and start to like me. Assuming I wasn't completely repulsed by the person who liked me, then I might give them a chance to see if I liked them better after a few dates. If I didn't, then I'd just keep waiting hoping to meet someone I really like who feels the same way. I'd rather be single for the rest of my life than settle just to avoid being alone.
This is smart. You don't make any assumptions about a person based on your present feelings, but you don't "settle" on traits you consider important in a mate either.

So long as you have the self-control to date a few times without taking it to the next level (either relationship-wise or sexually), I say date away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships