Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2013, 09:51 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,307,198 times

Advertisements

So what if you fell madly in love with a man who was on the fence? Would you wait it out? Would you be okay if he decided he did not want kids?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2013, 09:52 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,015,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
ok, that's fine We can agree to disagree. Thanks for your input.
And now the dismissiveness, right on cue.

Look, the whole "race against time" bit in your first post betrays your "data collecting" lie.

You can continue reading selectively or you can open your mind to the possibility that "ur doing it wrong."

That's not the worst possibility in the world. What you've been doing obviously isn't working.

Old 06-05-2013, 09:54 AM

2,385 posts, read 4,336,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
So what if you fell madly in love with a man who was on the fence? Would you wait it out? Would you be okay if he decided he did not want kids?
I really don't know what I'd do. I wouldn't "wait it out" meaning, if I fell madly in love with someone who was on the fence about kids, I would make sure I, myself, was ok with never having children, in case he never changed his mind. I wouldn't wait for him to decide, I would decide within myself and go from there. If that makes any sense.

Old 06-05-2013, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
And now the dismissiveness, right on cue.

Look, the whole "race against time" bit in your first post betrays your "data collecting" lie.

You can continue reading selectively or you can open your mind to the possibility that "ur doing it wrong."

That's not the worst possibility in the world. What you've been doing obviously isn't working.
You are telling me how I feel. You're actually INSISTING on how I feel when I'm telling you that I'm not feeling that way. I don't know how else to respond to that except only to say I'm not feeling the way you think I'm feeling regardless of how I may be coming across to you.

It's like, you want me to get in touch with feelings that I know I don't have right now. Since you're insisting one thing, and I don't agree, there's no point in continuing to talk about it. Yes, I'm dismissing it because that's the only thing that makes any sense because we're not going to agree.

Old 06-05-2013, 09:57 AM

Quote:
I really don't know what I'd do. I wouldn't "wait it out" meaning, if I fell madly in love with someone who was on the fence about kids, I would make sure I, myself, was ok with never having children, in case he never changed his mind. I wouldn't wait for him to decide, I would decide within myself and go from there. If that makes any sense.
The thing I am getting at here is what is more important, your feelings and desire for a relationship or your need to have a child. Not saying you cant have both, but the first takes time to develop. Time you don't have to waste when thinking about having a child at your age with your issues.

I know you have a timeline in your head and I'm sure that timeline includes rushing through the relationship stage to ensure a successful pregnancy.

See the issue?

Old 06-05-2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:
The thing I am getting at here is what is more important, your feelings and desire for a relationship or your need to have a child. Not saying you cant have both, but the first takes time to develop. Time you don't have to waste when thinking about having a child at your age with your issues.

I know you have a timeline in your head and I'm sure that timeline includes rushing through the relationship stage to ensure a successful pregnancy.

See the issue?
yes, I see the issue. This is why I'm dating multiple people at once, to get the ball rolling. I'm hoping that due to my age we can still take a year to get to know one another but that it won't be "rushing through" the relationship because in your mid-30s, you kinda know what you do and don't want so it's easier to figure things out. But, this is just my best guess.

I wonder if there is forum for people who have been through this issue?

Old 06-05-2013, 10:02 AM

Oh, and thanks to the guy that PMed me and asked if I'd be willing to seriously consider accepting his sperm donation and help with raising a child if we had one together "without a romantic relationship".

I love the internet.

Old 06-05-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
yes, I see the issue. This is why I'm dating multiple people at once, to get the ball rolling. I'm hoping that due to my age we can still take a year to get to know one another but that it won't be "rushing through" the relationship because in your mid-30s, you kinda know what you do and don't want so it's easier to figure things out. But, this is just my best guess.

I wonder if there is forum for people who have been through this issue?
What are your previous dating experiences like? What type of LTR's have you been in? Why didn't one of these relationships result in marriage and pregnancy?

May give some insight into the issues you are having.

Old 06-05-2013, 10:08 AM

Quote:
What are your previous dating experiences like? What type of LTR's have you been in? Why didn't one of these relationships result in marriage and pregnancy?

May give some insight into the issues you are having.
well, I answered this earlier in the thread, but basically when I met the men in my two last relationships (totaling 6 years), I wasn't looking for marriage or children. When I decided I wanted those things, those men were not appropriate for various reasons. It's why I'm so focused now, I don't want to make the mistake of settling down with the wrong person and wasting more time.

Old 06-05-2013, 10:12 AM

Quote:
well, I answered this earlier in the thread, but basically when I met the men in my two last relationships (totaling 6 years), I wasn't looking for marriage or children. When I decided I wanted those things, those men were not appropriate for various reasons. It's why I'm so focused now, I don't want to make the mistake of settling down with the wrong person and wasting more time.
Why the shift?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships