Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 09:43 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,242,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
It was most certainly a factor that fed his narcissistic personality disorder.

Without the looks, we would never have heard the name Ted Bundy, that is for sure.
Some women do fall for looks and are able to be manipulated by men. That doesn't mean all women are like that.

Old 06-05-2013, 09:43 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,834,423 times
Quote:
how much money has he got in the bank?

does he own his own home?
They are not wealthy by any stretch of the imagination and are building a small business together.

They bought a home after they were married a few years.

You can look for all the "reasons" and excuses you want, but the reality is - and you should REALLY strive to understand this because you are your own biggest handicap with women - a good man with a strong sense of himself who refuses to become bitter or have self-pity will attract quality women EVERY TIME.

Old 06-05-2013, 09:56 AM

1,755 posts, read 3,001,635 times
Quote:
It is so clear to me that looks are everything, 99% at least, perhaps 100.

Women do not care about the rest, execept that the 1 percent must allow for job, status.

Personality, forget it - so why even bother trying to be affable, amusing, intelligent or witty?

Why even try getting a girlfriend unless you are a hunk?
You must've posted this for attention seeking sake because this is seriously...

Yeah this is ridiculous. And I think at the very least on a subconscious level you know this.

Old 06-05-2013, 10:01 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,965,841 times
Quote:
It is so clear to me that looks are everything, 99% at least, perhaps 100.

Women do not care about the rest, execept that the 1 percent must allow for job, status.

Personality, forget it - so why even bother trying to be affable, amusing, intelligent or witty?

Why even try getting a girlfriend unless you are a hunk?

Because if you are NOT a hunk, the only chance of getting attention is by having awesome personality, skills, sense of humor, money, etc.

I know a few guys that are considered hot. They NEVER have to try to have a relationship. Woman of all types pursue them.

I know some guys that are not hot, and they have a lot of relationships. This is mainly due to them excelling at personality, sense of humor, networking, etc.

And then, you have the rest of guys out there. And if a guy isn't hot, and doesn't excel at something, dating is rough.

Old 06-05-2013, 10:03 AM

111 posts, read 223,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You can look for all the "reasons" and excuses you want, but the reality is - and you should REALLY strive to understand this because you are your own biggest handicap with women - a good man with a strong sense of himself who refuses to become bitter or have self-pity will attract quality women EVERY TIME.
Yep. And even nice, traditionally attractive, fun people get turned down occasionally (and anyone who tells you otherwise is a liar). The difference is that they don't take it so personally because they realize not everyone's looking for the same thing. Women who care about personality are typically perceptive enough to tell when someone has a chip on their shoulder, and they're very wary about men who make sweeping generalizations about women.

Old 06-05-2013, 10:07 AM

16,959 posts, read 17,379,392 times
I find more than often, 'personality' is not on top of a woman's list when it comes to looking for a mate.

Old 06-05-2013, 10:10 AM

896 posts, read 1,478,520 times
Quote:
ok, so how many wimpy guys with great personalities have hot GF/s?
For those of you that can read, did you notice that OP is only concerned with "hot girlfriends"?

Like the vast majority of men, he doesnt not care what fat or fugly women think. He does not care what fat or fugly women are attracted to. He is talking about the 10% of women that men fantasize about and pursue.

So please stay on topic. Now back to your regularly scheduled bitching whining and complaining.

Old 06-05-2013, 10:10 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,242,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I find more than often, 'personality' is not on top of a woman's list when it comes to looking for a mate.
Does it matter if it doesn't?

Are you going to accept that or are you going to go all bitter and angry ?

Old 06-05-2013, 10:11 AM

523 posts, read 841,195 times
Quote:
I think you have just strengthened my case here because this is kind of the point I am getting at.

Because Ted Bundy was good looking, he managed to bag a lot of girls - but they were too shallow to look beyond this, and ended up paying dearly.

So shallowness has consequences to say the least.
Actually Ted Bundy was often described as charming and charismatic. Also he faked injuries to play to people's good nature. None of this suggests that he got girls based on his looks.

Old 06-05-2013, 10:11 AM

17,869 posts, read 21,024,941 times
personality is what holds the relationship together.

It's definitely not what attracts women to most men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships