Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 05:11 PM

135 posts, read 137,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
If you really believe you have nothing to offer a woman, then all women you meet will pick up on that vibe and treat you accordingly.

Quit being your own worst enemy. If you can't love/like yourself than you won't find others able to either.
I used to like myself. I used to think I was smart, interesting, a gentleman that the ladies wanted. But as time went on, I lost hope in myself because even deadbeat fathers had been with somebody and I haven't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2013, 05:11 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Meetup website is cool.
Thank you.

Old 06-09-2013, 05:13 PM

217 posts, read 307,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyGuy View Post
I feel like I have nothing to offer to women. I have a job, my own place, a few hobbies, and a kind heart, but other than that I think have nothing to offer to women.
Well, yeah, you're nothing exceptional, as far as I can tell.

"I have a job."

So do all except like 9% of the adult male workforce.

my own place

So do the vast majority of grown men.

a few hobbies

Women usually don't care about your hobbies, unless your hobbies are something that indicate you have some high social status or that you're desirable to other women. For instance, if your hobby is taking 5 vacations per year, then it indicates that you have a lot of money, so they'll be genuinely interested in you for having that jobby.

and a kind heart

Women usually don't usually care about that either.

Old 06-09-2013, 05:15 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringPrizes View Post
Well, yeah, you're nothing exceptional, as far as I can tell.

"I have a job."

So do all except like 9% of the adult male workforce.

my own place

So do the vast majority of grown men.

a few hobbies

Women usually don't care about your hobbies, unless your hobbies are something that indicate you have some high social status or that you're desirable to other women. For instance, if your hobby is taking 5 vacations per year, then it indicates that you have a lot of money, so they'll be genuinely interested in you for having that jobby.

and a kind heart

Wow lot of jerks outthere.

Old 06-09-2013, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Switch conversation from Night Elves to something they remember from their childhood.
I am not really a fan of sci-fi. I follow politics, tech news, science, climate change, events that happen around the world.

I had a bad childhood, so I don't like to talk about that.

Old 06-09-2013, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringPrizes View Post
What do women care about then?

Old 06-09-2013, 05:26 PM

217 posts, read 307,588 times
Quote:
What do women care about then?
Here's the usual trend for women of varying ages:

Ages 16-22 (high school through college): They only care about your looks and popularity (which are usually intertwined since good-looking people have more friends and are therefore more popular).

Ages 23-32: Same as before, but for women who are good-looking you can add money to the equation, since they have the option to find a guy who is not only good-looking but also makes enough money so they can upgrade their lifestyle a notch or two.

Ages 33+: Money above all else. A woman who isn't married by age 30 is a second-round draft pick, so she can't be choosy enough to find a good-looking guy who's also a provider. Merely finding a provider is the best she can hope for.

Old 06-09-2013, 05:32 PM

I don't earn that much money, though. I went the route of picking the job I liked instead of being a doctor, lawyer, etc.

Old 06-09-2013, 05:43 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
I am 32, 178 lbs at 5'7.

I always struggled with humor, and don't know how to learn it. I don't know, I just can't make people laugh. I am generally a content guy, but the reality of being lonely is sinking in. My friends are all married now and we no longer get together so that doesn't help either.
Let me see if I can help you with a visual....

YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIRE - WHAT DO YOU DO????

Do you sit there and say "woe is me, I don't have the muscles to pick up the phone and dial 911.

I guess I'll just burn up now and die - it's okay - life sucked anyway"

DUDE, your life is basically "on fire" right now and only YOU can save yourself.

Quit wasting your time and energy feeling sorry for yourself and getting more and more down.

DO SOMETHING!!!!

Let me repeat -

DO SOMETHING!!!!

Start with a therapist to work on whatever issues from your life have led you to this kind of mindset.

Then hire a life coach to help get you "in the game".

I don't care if you don't make much money - take out a damn loan if you have to - but SAVE YOURSELF!

Old 06-09-2013, 05:47 PM

I am happy with many areas of my life, just not my social life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships