Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 07:49 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyGuy View Post
I do not carry my weight well. Goes into my face and gut.
Not a big deal, Guy. Just do the right diet, work out, and *presto-change-O*, you'll have a new look. All it takes is some discipline and will-power. Once you see progress (which is pretty fast, on the right diet), you'll feel encouraged, and you'll get more motivated. The motivation snowballs, once you see results.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2013, 07:53 PM

664 posts, read 1,036,811 times
Quote:
I do not carry my weight well. Goes into my face and gut.
I think you can fix it.

That's not that far out of shape man.

I'm taller and weigh more then both Matt and you.......quite a BIT.

If you really want to drop pounds fast...remember this is summer here now.

Get in the pool, get in the lake and swim....swim your butt off.

That's great cardio for dropping pounds fast. You are using everything all at once. Get on some weights and strength training to bulk up a bit.

Still though....178 is not that bad. With a little work you will have a Rottie build the ladies should like unless they are into the G-Q look.

Don't quit and stay motivated.

Good luck!

Old 06-09-2013, 08:00 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,836,735 times
Surprised your user name hasn't been taken yet OP.

Old 06-10-2013, 12:21 AM

4,463 posts, read 6,231,478 times
You lower the bar until you get attention, if that means you basically have to have no standards then so be it. Its not hard to figure out when you have to lower the bar, when women are into you its obvious.

Old 06-10-2013, 05:06 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,821 times
Guys like this are told by females to take what they get even if they're not attracted to the women who are interested in them. But at the same time women say you shouldn't date girls who you aren't all the way interested in because its unfair to that woman

Old 06-10-2013, 08:35 AM

543 posts, read 534,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
You have to be happy with yourself before you can be happy with anyone else, and you have to love yourself before anyone else can love you.

Stop worrying about getting a girlfriend/relationship (the old saying that you find love when you stop looking is pretty darn true, from what I've seen). START focusing on getting in shape (since you say that's important to you), and stop wallowing in self pity. Do you know the best way to stop wallowing in self pity? Do things for others....VOLUNTEER. Find something that interests you and speaks to your heart, and get involved. There are so many good causes out there and organizations that need people who care. You will feel a LOT better about yourself, and you never know...you might just come across someone else (of the opposite sex ) who shares your same interest in helping others. But even if you don't, I can practically guarantee you will be a happier, more confident person.
That's one of the biggest lines of BS ever uttered by man.

Old 06-10-2013, 08:05 PM

135 posts, read 137,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Guys like this are told by females to take what they get even if they're not attracted to the women who are interested in them. But at the same time women say you shouldn't date girls who you aren't all the way interested in because its unfair to that woman
You're right. So which is it?

Old 06-10-2013, 08:41 PM

19 posts, read 84,219 times
Quote:
I feel like I have nothing to offer to women. I have a job, my own place, a few hobbies, and a kind heart, but other than that I think have nothing to offer to women. My humor kind of sucks, and the stuff I want to talk about do not sound interesting. I get nervous when trying to make small talk (which isn't very well-received, all I get are one word answer or a short reply like they are not interested) and I can't get the guts to ask them if I can get to know them better. I put up a profile on a free dating website but I've gotten no replies and there aren't many women there my age without children in my area. I am short and about 30 pounds overweight. I've started going to the gym and watching my diet recently hoping I'd look more attractive, but I am a long way from that. I tend to go for women in similar shape to me, but I can't attract those either.

I want to start a family, but apparently I seem to get more and more worthless as a mate to women as time goes along.
Society demands you change for women.
Other men demand you change for women.
Women demand you change for women.

You spend years building status, working out, forming social groups but for what? For women that don't give a damn about how much you sacrificed or how hard you have it in life. While you are rejected 50-100 times in a year women will never face such a heart breaking issue. All they do is apply makeup, do nothing and men come there way.

Old 06-10-2013, 08:42 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauragon C. Mikado View Post
You spend years building status, working out, forming social groups but for what? For women that don't give a damn about how much you sacrificed or how hard you have it in life. While you are rejected 50-100 times in a year women will never face such a heart breaking issue. All they do is apply makeup, do nothing and men come there way.
Oh, no. Not this again! *sighhhhh*

Old 06-10-2013, 08:43 PM

135 posts, read 137,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauragon C. Mikado View Post
Society demands you change for women.
Other men demand you change for women.
Women demand you change for women.

The effort one must put in for women is worth it. When I go outside I see so many couples being happy and enjoying themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships