Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 05:56 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Your weight isn't bad for your height. Cut back on carbs, add some protein to your diet, work out several times/wk. and you'll lose weight in no time. You'll be hungry at first, on low carbs, but your body will adjust. You can lose that weight in a couple of months if you do it right.

Join groups, go hiking (good for exercise and for meeting women), and give women a chance to get to know you over time. With more practice making small talk in a low-key environment, you'll get used to it and you'll lose the nervousness. 5'7" is the perfect height, but that's just my opinion. Enjoy life. Have fun. Your joy will be contagious and will give you some confidence, so you'll draw women to you over time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2013, 05:56 PM

1,850 posts, read 3,017,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyGuy View Post
I am happy with many areas of my life, just not my social life.

Get The Friends You Want eBookGet The Friends You Want

Old 06-09-2013, 06:06 PM

135 posts, read 137,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
Is this book worth paying for?

Old 06-09-2013, 06:11 PM

864 posts, read 1,454,966 times
You have to be happy with yourself before you can be happy with anyone else, and you have to love yourself before anyone else can love you.

Stop worrying about getting a girlfriend/relationship (the old saying that you find love when you stop looking is pretty darn true, from what I've seen). START focusing on getting in shape (since you say that's important to you), and stop wallowing in self pity. Do you know the best way to stop wallowing in self pity? Do things for others....VOLUNTEER. Find something that interests you and speaks to your heart, and get involved. There are so many good causes out there and organizations that need people who care. You will feel a LOT better about yourself, and you never know...you might just come across someone else (of the opposite sex ) who shares your same interest in helping others. But even if you don't, I can practically guarantee you will be a happier, more confident person.

Old 06-09-2013, 06:14 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Your weight isn't bad for your height. Cut back on carbs, add some protein to your diet, work out several times/wk. and you'll lose weight in no time. You'll be hungry at first, on low carbs, but your body will adjust. You can lose that weight in a couple of months if you do it right.

Join groups, go hiking (good for exercise and for meeting women), and give women a chance to get to know you over time. With more practice making small talk in a low-key environment, you'll get used to it and you'll lose the nervousness. 5'7" is the perfect height, but that's just my opinion. Enjoy life. Have fun. Your joy will be contagious and will give you some confidence, so you'll draw women to you over time.
Don't waste your time.

He's clearly just another one of those with a loser mentality who only wants to justify his whining - not really have to do any work or take good advice on how to actually improve his life

It's sad

Old 06-09-2013, 06:15 PM

1,850 posts, read 3,017,276 times
Quote:
Is this book worth paying for?

YES, it is. It's a great read and Paul(the author) is very easy to contact. We've had several talks.

My social life has been great as a result. I went from having a few contacts to having a lot. I get invited to stuff every weekend and just last night I had a "get together" at my place. It was great.

I've become a social butterfly and It feels great......so many good people out there. I've found meeting women has become so much easier. You meet people that introduce you to people, that introduce you to people, etc.....

Get the book and get off of this forum. Go have fun!!!

I'm just trying trying to meet someone to travel with at this point in my life.

Overall, my social life has been very healthy. Don't be a loner, like I USED to be. Being by yourself ALL OF THE TIME, isn't fun. Have a balance!!

Also, I'd stop asking people on forums for advice. You'll get nothing be brash and "Cold" answers. I very rarely post on this forum anymore nor any other forum. It's nice to have a life outside of this forum. A lot of these people hang out here because they have no life nor friends.

Just look at how harsh people reply to questions. If you're a good person with a good heart, doesn't matter if you're online, you're going to treat people with respect and empathy.

I wish you the best.

Old 06-09-2013, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Don't waste your time.

He's clearly just another one of those with a loser mentality who only wants to justify his whining - not really have to do any work or take good advice on how to actually improve his life

It's sad
So I need to look for a psychologist?

Old 06-09-2013, 07:27 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
So I need to look for a psychologist?
You said above that you had some kind of bad childhood.

That, coupled with your inability to get your social life launched by this age, would indicate a problem somewhere that you would be wise to get some help with.

What are you waiting for?

Or is it that you really like being where you are and just complaining about randomly on the internet?

Old 06-09-2013, 07:38 PM

664 posts, read 1,036,501 times
Quote:
I am 32, 178 lbs at 5'7.

I always struggled with humor, and don't know how to learn it. I don't know, I just can't make people laugh. I am generally a content guy, but the reality of being lonely is sinking in. My friends are all married now and we no longer get together so that doesn't help either.
Depends on how you carry it brother. That's UFC MMA Welterweight territory. Don't buy into people saying you are fat. Does Matt look fat here? Are you out of your MINDS! Hollywood really does need to keep quiet on this issue. No one wants a 140 pound weakling! He's 5' 9" BTW.....but close enough. Shut up Hollywood, you don't know MAN bodies worth a hoot!

Matt Hughes Tribute - YouTube

Old 06-09-2013, 07:45 PM

I do not carry my weight well. Goes into my face and gut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships