Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 02:57 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,351,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Errrr, no. If a guy is good with women, then he's good with women. If he's a PUA, he's...generally hopeless with women.

Again, prove me wrong. I haven't seen one actual "PUA footage" video yet of a non-handsome guy "closing" or what-have-you, except for the fakes that were outed. I've seen a lot of sideways quickie blurbs of the girl laughing uncomfortably and one or two of two drunk 19-year-olds making out and falling onto a bar. Yeah, about par for the course whether the guy gives good "negs" or mumbles the alphabet backward on spring break and tosses a drink the girl's way.

I'm nobody to say, do what you will. But when it comes to assertions that there's proof out there somewhere, and then there isn't any, well....

'nuff said.
Lol. Ok non handsome guys are gonna get burned way more often than good looking guys. There's real videos out there, you're not looking hard enough. They are literally all over youtube.

I'm realtively good looking and game works well for me, except I don't use it to burn girls, I use it to initally build attraction for a girl I'm interested in dating. And the silly BS you ramble about is not game, its an awkward guy failing miserably at creating attraction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 02:57 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,942,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Then maybe they should choose a different name like 'behaving like a normal person in social interactions' instead of something like Pick Up Artist which has negative connotations.
Why? To please a few girls who complain about what they don't even understand?

Old 06-13-2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
hahaha ^^^^^^ this.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:58 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post
Lol. Ok non handsome guys are gonna get burned way more often than good looking guys. There's real videos out there, you're not looking hard enough. They are literally all over youtube.

I'm realtively good looking and game works well for me, except I don't use it to burn girls, I use it to initally build attraction for a girl I'm interested in dating. And the silly BS you ramble about is not game, its an awkward guy failing miserably at creating attraction.
So, what happens when the 'game' stops for you? What happens if she realizes that you've been pretending to be something you're not to get her attention? If you're using some of the skills to become a better person overall then that's awesome. I think people should learn to be complimentary and kind and a bit more outgoing in general if they need it, but if you 'fake it until you make it' isn't that just manipulation?

Old 06-13-2013, 03:00 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,230,482 times
I am not going to waste opportunities doing something I have no skill and no desire to try. I don't think I can manipulate women or even be comfortable with that.

...but, I have never seen a man spitting lines at a woman.

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Oh, I understand it. I've known many guys who are self proclaimed 'pick up artists'.

It's not my fault the D-bags have taken over and become a bigger voice than the 'normal' guys.

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
Can you post one?

Old 06-13-2013, 03:01 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,812,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
(shrug) So, okay, again I say, just do it then. What's the big deal in that case?

Go for it, give us a full report.

p.s. It's hilarious how some men are so wimpy-arse scared of women in general that not wanting to be insulted and then scr*wed means one is a "feminist." LOL. Cute!
I'm still trying to figure out when being called a feminist became an insult.

Old 06-13-2013, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
So, what happens when the 'game' stops for you? What happens if she realizes that you've been pretending to be something you're not to get her attention? If you're using some of the skills to become a better person overall then that's awesome. I think people should learn to be complimentary and kind and a bit more outgoing in general if they need it, but if you 'fake it until you make it' isn't that just manipulation?
I'm not faking anything. It is who I am. I naturally make jokes and rip on people in a funny way, I don't bend to anyones will, especially a woman I just met. The "game" never ends, it's internalized. It's called being a man and interacting with women as such.

Old 06-13-2013, 03:03 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
But aren't the videos all over youtube completely set up? Some dude trying to prove what a stud he is is going to post only the videos that make him look like a stud. Not the ones where women laugh in his face, or he gets thrown out of a bar for harassing women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships