Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2013, 03:52 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Many inexperienced young women fall for these PUA types. They get pregnant, the guy leaves them, and they develop emotional baggage. My free online dating market is, like, 80% of women with children.

I bet 75+% of those pregnant women didn't get pregnant by a one night stand from a guy doing anything related to PUA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 03:56 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Yes, you are ignorant to it. You make it obvious you don't really understand it by how you talk about it, because most points you make are irrelevant or describe a very small population.

It'd be equivalent to me calling all black people crack heads or all women gold diggers. It sounds stupid, just like you subscribing to the idea that all PUA is one way.
You're awfully defensive about this. What do you care what I think about PUA? I think it's BS and ultimately harmful and you think it's some sort of cure-all for men. We both have our opinions.

Quote:
Many inexperienced young women fall for these PUA types. They get pregnant, the guy leaves them, and they develop emotional baggage. My free online dating market is, like, 80% of women with children.
Yep. Then, those same guys that played them will be complaining in 10 years about how 'all single women have baggage and kids' and how they can't find a decent woman to date.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
You're awfully defensive about this. What do you care what I think about PUA? I think it's BS and ultimately harmful and you think it's some sort of cure-all for men. We both have our opinions.

It's not that I'm really defensive, I just think it's ridiculous when people try to debate things they obviously don't know anything about. You have a small close minded view of something, way off and then you try to press it like it's the majority. It just looks stupid, so I call you out. Just like you'd call me out if I started making generalizations about all women.

Not all opinions are correct, but there are opinions that are just wrong. Your opinion is wrong... that's why I defend it. Not that I care that much about PUA.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:05 PM

Quote:
A bunch of posters say that PUA is a bad thing. PUA people say that PUA is a good thing. I want to see this art for myself. You know, examine the artwork as if it were in a museum. Evaluate it with a rubric as if I was a judge in a dog show. Too often pick-up art videos on youtube are fake. I want to see the real thing.

Why don't you read up on it and try talking to some women?

Old 06-13-2013, 04:14 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
It's not that I'm really defensive, I just think it's ridiculous when people try to debate things they obviously don't know anything about. You have a small close minded view of something, way off and then you try to press it like it's the majority. It just looks stupid, so I call you out. Just like you'd call me out if I started making generalizations about all women.

Not all opinions are correct, but there are opinions that are just wrong. Your opinion is wrong... that's why I defend it. Not that I care that much about PUA.
My opinion is NOT wrong. It's not wrong at all because I'm going off of DIRECT EXPERIENCE with it. I'm going off of the men I've known that actually subscribe and pay money for PUA stuff, participate in 'the art of seduction' forums and do this stuff regularly in real life.

Now, all of a sudden my direct, first hand experience is wrong?

Yes, there are 'PUA' out there that don't use those techniques, but they're drowned out by the 'negging' 'peacocking' PUAs out there. It's not my fault the 'seduction community' is full of those guys. It's not my fault there are forums of guys bragging about the 'hot chicks they've banged' using these techniques.

Oh...I must just be imagining all of it because some random dude on the internet told me my opinions are wrong and called them stupid

Old 06-13-2013, 04:17 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
Besides Tyler Infield and his techniques...do you guys have any other PUA vids you're inspired by? I'm curious.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
My opinion is NOT wrong. It's not wrong at all because I'm going off of DIRECT EXPERIENCE with it. I'm going off of the men I've known that actually subscribe and pay money for PUA stuff, participate in 'the art of seduction' forums and do this stuff regularly in real life.

Now, all of a sudden my direct, first hand experience is wrong?

Yes, there are 'PUA' out there that don't use those techniques, but they're drowned out by the 'negging' 'peacocking' PUAs out there. It's not my fault the 'seduction community' is full of those guys. It's not my fault there are forums of guys bragging about the 'hot chicks they've banged' using these techniques.

Oh...I must just be imagining all of it because some random dude on the internet told me my opinions are wrong and called them stupid

If I had a sample size < 10 to form most of my opinions, I'd have a lot of wrong ones too. Don't feel bad.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:25 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,812,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Besides Tyler Infield and his techniques...do you guys have any other PUA vids you're inspired by? I'm curious.
It's all crap. Some people are naturally charming and the rest of us aren't. You can teach social skills, but you can't teach charm. Charm isn't a superpower. It doesn't work on everyone. Just a lot of people. My father is charming. I watched him charm people for years. Most of the time it worked. Sometimes it didn't. He's an attractive man and has an easy manner. You'd never guess he's ex special forces because he's just always so relaxed and has an easy grin. But even he has reached points where he just couldn't convince people to do what he wanted them to. He certainly couldn't convince his daughters to do as we were told.

PUA doesn't work because charm can't be taught. Social skills can be taught, but charm is natural.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:32 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
PUA certainly works. If it didnt work, thousands of guys wouldnt be spending huge amounts of money on it, decade after decade. You may not like the fact that it works, but that does not change the reality. We do not live in the world you wish it was, we live in the world that it actualy is. The most important things that PUA teaches guys is to get out there, be social and spend time with women, something that guys who have problems dating rarely do. Another thing it teaches them, is that being a nice guy or a white knioght is actualy repulsive and will never net you results you want. Those are all good things and many more, I believe that both men and women should appreciate.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:33 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
Quote:
If I had a sample size < 10 to form most of my opinions, I'd have a lot of wrong ones too. Don't feel bad.
SOme people lose all credibility, when it is impossible for them to admit that they might have been wrong for a change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships