Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2013, 03:03 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,350,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Can you post one?
Search Mystery in the field.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

2,159 posts, read 2,812,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Well at least you admit that it works....thats good enough for me. Personaly, when i see a PUA in action I usually just laugh at it, but hey thats me.
People have already said it works on women with low self esteem yada yada yada...

Are you even paying attention?

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post
Lol. Ok non handsome guys are gonna get burned way more often than good looking guys. There's real videos out there, you're not looking hard enough. They are literally all over youtube.

I'm realtively good looking and game works well for me, except I don't use it to burn girls, I use it to initally build attraction for a girl I'm interested in dating. And the silly BS you ramble about is not game, its an awkward guy failing miserably at creating attraction.
Errr. I thought the whole PUA franchise was for awkward guys failing miserably at creating attraction.

What's the attraction to PUA if the guy has no problem creating attraction? If a guy has no problem attracting women, why on earth would he be dropping good coin on all those lame programs?

Does not compute.

Old 06-13-2013, 03:04 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Search Mystery in the field.
Yeah, didn't think you could post one.

I'll be back later though to check though, I'd be curious if anyone actually finds a non-bogus one of these.

Old 06-13-2013, 03:06 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
I'm still trying to figure out when being called a feminist became an insult.
Because girls are bad and have cooties!

Quote:
I'm not faking anything. It is who I am. I naturally make jokes and rip on people in a funny way, I don't bend to anyones will, especially a woman I just met. The "game" never ends, it's internalized. It's called being a man and interacting with women as such.
So, it's your personality and NOT being a PUA?

So what's the problem? Calling your genuine personality as 'game' is kind of ridiculous...I'm extroverted and flirt often and have no issues talking with strangers but I don't call it 'game'.

Old 06-13-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
You all have the same man hating mindset.

If a guys good with women, he must be PUA pig.
I don't hate men. I just don't like certain types of men.

Old 06-13-2013, 03:07 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Then maybe they should choose a different name like 'behaving like a normal person in social interactions' instead of something like Pick Up Artist which has negative connotations.
According to the women in this thread, the PUA industry does not teach normal interaction.

Old 06-13-2013, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
According to the women in this thread, the PUA industry does not teach normal interaction.
To me, it doesn't. It teaches manipulation and how to take advantage of women by pretending to be someone you're not.

If you want to learn normal interaction, why not just hang out with people who are normal and interact with each other? I just worry that these poor guys are going to learn some very negative things and that it's going to harm them in the long run.

Old 06-13-2013, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
I don't hate men. I just don't like certain types of men.
This is an excellent point. If I hate guys that manipulate women into hooking up with them, or if I hate cheaters, or if I hate men who ditch out on their children does that mean I hate all men?

Old 06-13-2013, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Lol. Ok non handsome guys are gonna get burned way more often than good looking guys. There's real videos out there, you're not looking hard enough. They are literally all over youtube.

I'm realtively good looking and game works well for me, except I don't use it to burn girls, I use it to initally build attraction for a girl I'm interested in dating. And the silly BS you ramble about is not game, its an awkward guy failing miserably at creating attraction.
PUA doesn't work because guys without social skills are trying to follow a formula. I wish people would stop trying to sell formulaic bull**** to these guys that don't have the skill to pull it off. There's a big difference between a womanizer and a PUA. My Dad's father is a womanizer. I have a 22 year old half-aunt, because my grandfather is a womanizer with a lot of kids. A PUA, is some guy that tried to follow a list of cues with a pick-up line. Either you're good with women and can use a "line" to talk to them. Or you're just a normal guy that can socialize and doesn't need PUA websites. Or you lack social skills and should probably be focusing on learning to socialize rather than learning to be a PUA because using someone else's lines isn't going to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships