Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 12:37 PM

663 posts, read 778,360 times

Advertisements

Describe how you look objectively and rate how she looks objectively please.

e.g. your height/weight/build etc

And what was your message line to her on pof? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2013, 12:59 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGuy1 View Post
sorry, not sure what you mean. are you referring to my perception of her, or vice versa?
Meaning she felt like she was ultra-glamorous in your eyes.

That doesn't mean she didn't find you attractive, obviously she did!

Old 06-14-2013, 12:59 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,350,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthfrodo View Post
Makes you wonder what she does for the guys that she 'wants a relationship with' instead of 'just friends' ???

Glad you had a good time.
Corner them in a dark alley. LOL!!!

Old 06-14-2013, 01:00 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
So do you have plans to see her again?

Old 06-14-2013, 01:21 PM

219 posts, read 566,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
So do you have plans to see her again?
yes. she's visiting family this weekend, but hopefully next week.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:41 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,532,191 times
there are no leagues....

enjoy!!!

Old 06-14-2013, 03:03 PM

295 posts, read 359,014 times
Quote:
thanks!

i have no idea how i pulled it off. she is waaaaay out of my league. im not saying that just to be modest. i'm baffled. hottest woman ive ever kissed, let alone hook up with.
Don't overthink it. Just enjoy. Let her figure out she's out of your league on her own. Just take my advice as someone who went through exactly what you are when I was 29, be careful with your feelings. The chances of this turning into something long lasting are not great. Just be okay with being her plaything until she's ready for someone more her age.

Old 06-14-2013, 03:43 PM

219 posts, read 566,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Gibson LP View Post
Don't overthink it. Just enjoy. Let her figure out she's out of your league on her own. Just take my advice as someone who went through exactly what you are when I was 29, be careful with your feelings. The chances of this turning into something long lasting are not great. Just be okay with being her plaything until she's ready for someone more her age.
thanks. is this a situation where she has low self esteem and would just bang anyone, or does she like me enough to do what we did last night?

Old 06-14-2013, 04:05 PM

295 posts, read 359,014 times
Quote:
thanks. is this a situation where she has low self esteem and would just bang anyone, or does she like me enough to do what we did last night?
I wouldn't assume that she has low self esteem, or would just bang anyone. She obviously liked you enough to do what you did last night. If she's a recent divorcee, she may be just getting out of a marriage where the spark went away and she wants to feel pretty and attractive and wants to feel wild and adventurous for awhile. And what better way to do that than to rut around with a young buck? She might even be bragging to her girlfriends that she bagged a 24 year old.

My caution is because this woman holds quite a number of advantages over you. Number 1, she's been around and has lived more life than you. You're not bringing any wisdom that she didn't learn 20 years ago. It's possible she even has kids that are close to your age. Number 2, as you said, you don't feel that you are in her league and that she was the hottest woman you have ever even dreamed of kissing and making out with.

After a while, she is going to want to start getting serious with someone. Society, her family, her friends are going to be telling her that it is completely inappropriate to be carrying on with someone 20 years her junior and she is going to be looking for someone who has been around the world as much as her and is more her equal in terms of life experience, if not income. Just be careful that if and when it gets to this point, you're not so head over heels in love that it devastates you when it goes away. I think she was trying to prep you for this with all her pre-game talk of "What are your expectations.....just friends....etc".

But yeah, in the meantime, knock the bottom out of it. And try not to separate your shoulder from all the high-fiving.

Old 06-14-2013, 04:53 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,350,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Gibson LP View Post
I'll take this advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships