Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 09:46 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,942,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
That's not true. I have a friend that looks like a model and tall. She dated many nerds.
There are exceptions to everything , but lets face it .. How many 130 pound nerds who make physics jokes have an ultra hot gf? Not often at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2013, 09:49 AM

3,603 posts, read 5,940,550 times
Quote:
Your antisocial and you want a nerdy girl. Hmm shouldn't be hard honestly. Go to the bowling alley, library, discovery store, museums, science groups, horticulture groups, forums of the topics that you like. Don't worry women like girly men. My dad was in the service but was the best with nurturing children. So it can be good.
Sounds good. However, schizotypal and avoidant are not the same as antisocial. Also, both schizotypal and avoidant make it harder for people to go interact with people in social settings such as the above other than anonymously on the internet. Yeah, it's an excuse. But it's also true.

Your advice is good. But hard for me to actually follow through on.

Old 06-14-2013, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
There are exceptions to everything , but lets face it .. How many 130 pound nerds who make physics jokes have an ultra hot gf? Not often at all.
Leonard dating Penny and other things on Big Bang Theory are unrealistic. It's fiction.

Old 06-14-2013, 09:51 AM

Quote:
That's not true. I have a friend that looks like a model and tall. She dated many nerds.
People like Leonard ?

Old 06-14-2013, 10:06 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,603,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
Leonard dating Penny and other things on Big Bang Theory are unrealistic. It's fiction.
The most unrealistic part to me is the laugh track.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:22 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,841,059 times
nerdy guy myth is all it is - girls don't want that.

they may go for a pseudo-nerdy guy though, ie: guy looks and acts a bit nerdy but is muscular underneath, perhaps they like the control element here

no, nerds don't get the babe in real life

Old 06-14-2013, 01:28 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,352,087 times
Quote:
How does a person find women who isn't interested in cool guys and tough guys ?
You'd have to expand your horizons, there. Those women wouldn't be where you'd usually look. I'm personally at a loss myself, but they are around somewhere.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:29 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
nerdy guy myth is all it is - girls don't want that.

they may go for a pseudo-nerdy guy though, ie: guy looks and acts a bit nerdy but is muscular underneath, perhaps they like the control element here

no, nerds don't get the babe in real life
Maybe those 'nerds' should go for women on their own level and not the 'hot babes'.

Though there are hot babe nerds...I know quite a few

I've always been drawn to guys who dress up for Cons, play video games, know more about Star Trek than any reality show etc etc. Muscular guys or guys that obsess about lifting or going to the gym are complete turn offs for me.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:35 PM

13,659 posts, read 9,724,335 times
Quote:
Also, both schizotypal and avoidant make it harder for people to go interact with people in social settings such as the above other than anonymously on the internet. Yeah, it's an excuse. But it's also true.
This is probably the essence of the matter. The problem isn't getting rejected by women whom one approaches, but not being able to approach in the first place. The advice given to the OP is to seek "nerdy" venues where there are women with whom to interact. Well, that's quite a thorny proposition, because working up the gumption to initiate the interaction is the real challenge. The second challenge will be sifting through the women who are already married or otherwise coupled. Basically, such venues are not singles-scenes. And it's not about being a nerd! The exact same problem is faced by the muscular guy hoping to find women at the gym.

To reiterate, what our society needs is more social settings attended specifically by single people interested in dating. Everything else, however rewarding as hobbies or intellectual pursuits, just erects too many barriers. Just imagine how much the "nerdy guys" would blossom if they attended a social function where they knew that every woman present was single and interested in finding a partner. The particular guy in question might be rejected over and over again, but he will persevere because he realizes that the women are at least interested in principle, if not necessarily in him.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:38 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,825,816 times
I know this published poet who is slightly older than her husband..They have a child together - She is a dynamic and powerful woman..plus beautiful...He on the other hand is meek and mild...gentle and kind and a loving father..>apparently she loves him for these gentle "girly" characteristics. Men don't have to be brutes to be men...Being gentle- having honor and respected all other makes for a good man....When you see a brute male on the street...most people...male and female go around such people. You don't want to be around a man or woman who is governed by base instincts...Who but an animal wants to be with a man who is an animal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships