Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 10:23 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,186,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
Thank You it is weird LOL

But a great topic for a Date though
One person agrees with you - out of how many???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 10:25 AM

530 posts, read 1,131,624 times
No I hate traveling, sick of it.

I do have the time and money and no thank you.

I am content at home in New Orleans where most people are nice, kind here.

Old 07-28-2013, 10:26 AM

351 posts, read 693,923 times
I personally don't like to travel if I can avoid it. Obviously, there are things I may want to do that requires travel, but it's not the travelling I'm looking forward to. If I want to visit DisneyWorld, for example, I don't live in Florida, so in order to go to DisneyWorld, I'd have to travel. I'd like to visit England, but I don't like long plan rides. I can live without England. I'd rather not deal with travelling....even if I had the money to do so. If I want to see family, I may have to travel, but I don't travel as often as they'd like. They usually come to me. I haven't seen my brother often because of this. He'll travel plenty, but he doesn't go see me because there's nothing to do here. He's come here, but it was when I threw my mother a surprise birthday party. We'll travel to see each other in mutual places. In other words, when I'm going to see our mother. He'll travel then. I could go visit him, but I just don't want to travel. I'll do it at some point. I want to. It's time I go visit him. I miss him. I have no money at this time to do it, but the point is, I'll travel when I need to.

So, when I ask a guy if they like to travel, I want honesty. I'm only asking because I'm curious and to know what I'd have to work with if I were to date the man. If he likes to travel, then I'll have to face the fact that I may have to travel too. I'll travel if that is what my family wants. I can put up with anything and find things to enjoy about it and appreciate the experience. But, if I find a man that does not like to travel, I'm just as happy with not travelling other than trips to visit family or when necessary. It just so happens that I'm married to a non-traveler and I'm as happy as I can be.

Old 07-28-2013, 10:27 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,052,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
According to you - not according to everyone. You need to wake up and realize that your issues are YOUR issues. If you can't handle any conversation with a woman without thinking that she's judgmental - sooner or later, you're going to have to realize that the problem is YOU and not everyone else. It's like you started to realize this in your last post - and then went right back to putting the blame on everyone else. Where you live, what you do, what your interests are - to me, those ARE light topics. What do you want people to talk about - the weather?

Food Likes
Music Likes
Favorite sections of the city
TV shows likes
Shopping Preferences
Personality description
Movie likes
sports likes
Pets
social media
Date preferences-indoor/outdoor
Age preference you prefer to date
Are you a person who snacks
Books preferences
family talk
education
Dress style
Typical Weekend
Are you phone person
What type of Outdoor things do you like to do

Old 07-28-2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Food Likes
Music Likes
Favorite sections of the city
TV shows likes
Shopping Preferences
Personality description
Movie likes
sports likes
Pets
social media
Date preferences-indoor/outdoor
Age preference you prefer to date
Are you a person who snacks
Books preferences
family talk
education
Dress style
Typical Weekend
Are you phone person
What type of Outdoor things do you like to do
Then put this list in your profile and tell women they are ONLY allowed to talk to you about these topics otherwise you will know they are a judgmental gold digger.

Old 07-28-2013, 10:30 AM

647 posts, read 1,218,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I guess since I live in the US - I'm more upset about all the food that I've had in foreign countries that I'll never have here! And I don't like fast food - so our fast food options aren't really a plus to me.

Oh - and my point was that I DO think it's impossible to have the best food because there are so many great foods out there. I simply LOVE food - and I love all the different things I've tried in all the different places. I have to live in the US but I think I could be happy living somewhere else for awhile, as well.
You probably should, then you will realize how good you have it here. Like I have.

Old 07-28-2013, 10:32 AM

29,753 posts, read 34,428,618 times
"Are you a person who snacks?" is an acceptable question, but "do you like your job?" is not? Talk about boring conversation...

Old 07-28-2013, 10:35 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,212,158 times
Quote:
Or maybe the question means something else that I am unaware of? Women tend to ask "do you like to travel?"

is there a guy out there that would really say No? l
Yes. My SO. We've been together for six years. We have gone away together once, in 2009, for a weekend. He has also gone away overnight to an annual gathering for his hobby two or three times. He has the time and money for it. He just doesn't like to or want to.

I may be going to one of my favorite cities next summer for a meeting--San Francisco!--and I'm trying to sell my SO on the idea of coming out and meeting me afterwards because I know there are a lot of things he would enjoy doing or seeing, but so far, no dice. I'm not going to nudge too much, because I'm sure if I put the word out a few months ahead of time, one of my chick buddies would be on board. (Because: San Francisco!) Or, if worse comes to worst, it's a place I've been to 6 or 7 times and I'm comfortable roaming around or driving out to the surrounding areas by myself. But I'll be bringing it up now and then, only because I know he'd end up having a good time. It's not like I would be nudging him to go to, say, Toronto, to see the Hockey Hall of Fame or something I love that doesn't interest him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadgirl80 View Post
You probably should, then you will realize how good you have it here. Like I have.
That's not what my ex-pat friends say, especially the ones who relocated to Europe. Something about not paying $500 a month for health insurance, knowing that they won't go bankrupt if they need surgery, and not dealing with rednecks and religious zealots tickles them pink.

Old 07-28-2013, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadgirl80 View Post
I can't - but it would have been nice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
"Are you a person who snacks?" is an acceptable question, but "do you like your job?" is not? Talk about boring conversation...
I think it's funny that she's "allowed" to ask about education, how old the people they date are, and what kind of outdoor activities they like - but NOT what they do for a living or if they like to travel. Every time I read one of his threads - I just go : smack:

But they are entertaining!

Old 07-28-2013, 10:37 AM

6,732 posts, read 10,002,401 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships