Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 02:36 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,643,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilkingx2 View Post
I came here to help the OP, considering how many pages of people filling his head with garbage there have already been, I probably can't, but what the hell:

OP, do not take certain advice, it's a really bad idea

granted, go to therapy is not bad advice, you sound like you need to unwind, man up and get some self-confidence

"be yourself", "you don't need to change", "women like X"(X being something you are/have and yet you don't get girls with it) are all terrible advice

being yourself leads to more of the same, if you didn't need to change you'd already have and/or be getting whatever you want out of life and if women liked X why don't you have any?

as for feeling better about yourself, all you need to do is think about what's great about you and focus on it meanwhile avoid thinking about your perceived shortcomings any more than it takes to find out what to do about it(if anything)

if you're short don't think about it, if you're muscular and funny, think about that, if you're not very smart don't worry about it, if you're handsome then act like it, etc.
thank for thee advice . I do notice when i feel like i winner or i got a good grade on a test or paper woman smile at me and flirt with me but when feel like i just want to go into a dark room and hide woman do not want you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 03:06 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilkingx2 View Post
being yourself leads to more of the same, if you didn't need to change you'd already have and/or be getting whatever you want out of life and if women liked X why don't you have any?
He does. He has a gf who's really supportive of him, and they're great together. But he can't help wondering if he wouldn't be happier as a player, even though he loves his gf. He's allowing all the stupid propaganda his loser friends and the media pile on him to influence his good sense. He's losing his bearings and doesn't know which way is up anymore. He's about to throw away a great relationship to try to live out someone else's fantasy.

Whatever, dude. Good luck with that.

Old 07-28-2013, 03:15 PM

355 posts, read 389,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
thank for thee advice . I do notice when i feel like i winner or i got a good grade on a test or paper woman smile at me and flirt with me but when feel like i just want to go into a dark room and hide woman do not want you.
there are some girls that would like a guy who's gloomy and down and dark

we call them emos, they posted their poetry on myspace, had black hair, natural or otherwise, wore all black makeup and had piercings

their catchphrase was always "nobody understands me", they're a rare breed nowadays but they still exist.

in general though, everyone will like you if you walk around in a good mood with a smile on your face, and try to be as warm and friendly as possible

also be atleast somewhat cocky and very humorous, girls eat that up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
He does. He has a gf who's really supportive of him, and they're great together. But he can't help wondering if he wouldn't be happier as a player, even though he loves his gf. He's allowing all the stupid propaganda his loser friends and the media pile on him to influence his good sense. He's losing his bearings and doesn't know which way is up anymore. He's about to throw away a great relationship to try to live out someone else's fantasy.

hmmmm sounds like he needs to go on a break,

he needs to sow his wild oats, but he has a good GF

they should probably go on a break so that he can hopefully get it out of his system and be able to faithfully commit or even marry if it comes to that without an added temptation

unless he likes the kickass bachelor lifestyle of partying and seducing women, in which case he can break up with her for good.

Old 07-28-2013, 03:15 PM

Quote:

um i don't have a gf unless you know something i do not know.LOL

Old 07-28-2013, 03:25 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,996,977 times
Quote:
Yes. Therapy will put you in the 'feels like a winner' mindset most of the time.

Old 07-28-2013, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Yes. Therapy will put you in the 'feels like a winner' mindset most of the time.
Also need to get to the bottom to the reason every time i see a cute girl i just tell my why talk to her i don't have any thing to offer her . why would she want a guy like me ?

Old 07-28-2013, 04:38 PM

Quote:
I know I have a problem with my self esteem and am looking at getting help. I would be nice to get to what is bugging me and talk to a counselor or therapist . I just hope i do not cry or any thing I want to be loved but i have to love myself first .
Maybe the OP should start here, first.

Old 07-28-2013, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Also need to get to the bottom to the reason every time i see a cute girl i just tell my why talk to her i don't have any thing to offer her . why would she want a guy like me ?
What is a guy like you? Why wouldn't she be interested in you? Tell us about you.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:12 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,996,977 times
Quote:
Yes . You can do it .

Old 07-28-2013, 08:02 PM

Quote:
What is a guy like you? Why wouldn't she be interested in you? Tell us about you.

I am not real good about talking about myself so hear it goes. Wear to start I am somewhat on the Introvert side for the most part. I am Frank, decisive, assume leadership readily, and well informed, well read; enjoy expanding their knowledge and passing it on to others. I am a warm and caring person, deep and complex. Sensitive and concerned for others' feelings good communication skills, especially written, I take my commitments very seriously; have very high expectations for themselves and others and a good listener.

I am sensitive but I do not overdo it. I stand up for myself and what I believe in. Tendency to hold back part of myself, have an extreme dislike of conflict and criticism. I do not make friends easily and people say I can be aloof some times. I do not like being center of attention and I often give back way more then I receive. I make people laugh and am a sarcastic and jokes around. Next I would say I try to do the right thing but sometimes I do not. I think of other people b4 I think of myself.
One last thing people seem to come to me for advice or when they need to get something off there chest.

Hear is one example a year or so ago I was leaving the store and this lady ask me do I know wear the hospital was she was in her car new to town and freaking out a love one at the hospital so I told her to relax and take some deep breaths . Then I told her to follow me I show you wear it at so she did.

Last year or so this boy looked to be about 12-14 approached me and asks if I could walk him home some was going to beat him up so I did.

People just seem drawn to me need help or advice things like that happen to me a lot for some reason.
I will be at the library and people sometimes will ask for help with something and I just do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships