Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 02:55 PM

43 posts, read 56,170 times

Advertisements

The original post makes absolutely -no- sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2013, 03:42 PM

415 posts, read 600,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkspur123 View Post
Why not?

I'm married. Two of my oldest friends from childhood are guys. The friendships always stayed in the platonic zone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
You're a liar. Apparently, so am I. Now, you and I both have to tell our platonic male friends that they can't be our friends anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor76 View Post
I am friends with a few married women that I grew up with, so I must be a liar as well. And I am friends with women that have boyfriends, and never has it come up to sleep with them in any kind of way.

This really is about people who cheat, and men and women do it. If a woman was saying that to cover something she was doing wrong, it is not an indictment on men and women being friends, she's just a liar and a cheater.
In these so-called platonic male/female friendships, at least one party is always harboring sexual feelings. Just because that party hasn't come out with it doesn't mean it isn't there.

Old 08-21-2013, 03:47 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,464,654 times
define "sexual feeling"

Old 08-21-2013, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
define "sexual feeling"
Lust.

Old 08-21-2013, 04:23 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,194,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigGuy View Post
In these so-called platonic male/female friendships, at least one party is always harboring sexual feelings. Just because that party hasn't come out with it doesn't mean it isn't there.
Well, in the case of my ex-boyfriend - they were there at one point in time but they are no longer there. In some other cases - they were one sided and then faded away. In other cases - as far as I'm concerned - they were never there to begin with.

Whatever the case - I have male friends that I treasure that I'm not sexually attracted to.

Some people aren't capable of having friends of the opposite sex. I find that those are the ones that believe it's impossible for everyone because it's impossible for them. That's fine.

Old 08-21-2013, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Well, in the case of my ex-boyfriend - they were there at one point in time but they are no longer there. In some other cases - they were one sided and then faded away. In other cases - as far as I'm concerned - they were never there to begin with.

Whatever the case - I have male friends that I treasure that I'm not sexually attracted to.

Some people aren't capable of having friends of the opposite sex. I find that those are the ones that believe it's impossible for everyone because it's impossible for them. That's fine.
You're still friends with your ex-bf? Wow. The dude your dating must have low self-esteem.

In response to you last paragraph: it's not "some people" aren't capable of having friends with the opposite sex. No one is capable. That's what I'm trying to say.

Old 08-21-2013, 04:54 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,447,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
define "sexual feeling"

This should clear things up for you:

Sexual Healing - Marvin Gaye with lyrics - YouTube

Old 08-21-2013, 04:56 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,194,453 times
Quote:
You're still friends with your ex-bf? Wow. The dude your dating must have low self-esteem.

In response to you last paragraph: it's not "some people" aren't capable of having friends with the opposite sex. No one is capable. That's what I'm trying to say.
I'm married. Have been for 8 years. He and my ex-bf get along really well just like I get along with my ex-bf's wife very well. I assure you that my "dude" is not lacking in self-esteem.

You are just proving my point. Some people are incapable of having platonic friends of the opposite sex - therefore, they believe everyone is the same way. You can say that no one is capable - but that seems to be erroneous based on the fact that other people are capable of it. If you said, "I'm not capable of having friends of the opposite sex" - I would totally believe you.

Old 08-21-2013, 04:57 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,238,124 times
Quote:

Last I heard, she was married.

Old 08-21-2013, 04:58 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,464,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
This should clear things up for you:

Sexual Healing - Marvin Gaye with lyrics - YouTube
lol that is healing...that normally comes after sex has taken place, not before.

my point was sexuality has no "feeling" unless we are talking about the physical side.

im certainly not "lusting" over my females friends after 15 years. that sort of behavior sailed out of my 20's when i started to be a little more open and honest with people about my true intentions towards them.

you have to be looking for something in order to find it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships